Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

virgil wouldnt stay with nick because of the chinese food incident nick talked about on cum town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The breaking bad stories ep bootleg on youtube is funny because all of the comments are people getting mad because actually Walter White isnt always a cool genius badass, he actually makes a lot of mistakes, just mostly trivial ones that he solves by being a cool genius badass

FlamingLiberal posted:

I haven’t heard much discussion of it in awhile

Strasserism is pretty unlikely in a party run by billionaires for the continued wealth of billionaires

I literally will never learn what strasserism, nazbol or tankies are despite this thread posting constantly about it ironically or sincerely

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
All of those words are weird reasons not to support the Cuban Revolution, so it's not worth bothering about.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

The breaking bad stories ep bootleg on youtube is funny because all of the comments are people getting mad because actually Walter White isnt always a cool genius badass, he actually makes a lot of mistakes, just mostly trivial ones that he solves by being a cool genius badass

I like the idea of meth cooks watching Breaking Bad like lawyers watch Law & Order going "no way, these writers don't know poo poo no self respecting meth cook would do that"

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Apoplexy is an op to make Bust Rodd seem normal and cool.

EDIT: And it's working.

Love to Bust that rodd.

they're both insane people but at least bust rodd is sort of endearing

bust rodd.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I liked the deconstruction of Walter White plenty but talking about Breaking Bad for an hour and only mentioning Jesse once for 2 seconds towards the end seems hosed up

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Wolfsheim posted:

I literally will never learn what strasserism, nazbol or tankies are despite this thread posting constantly about it ironically or sincerely

I think that tankies are aquarium enthusiasts.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think that tankies are aquarium enthusiasts.

Like they just like to look at fish or sexually?

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Look to Troy McClure for your answer

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

I too did not know what Three 6 Mafia is because I'm a Québécois white nerd who never really listened to that kind of music.

I at least knew it was older than soundcloud, whatever it was.

https://m.mixcloud.com/theworldneedsmoremusic/lowbudget-crunk-in-yo-system/

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Yes, exactly.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

littleorv posted:

I still don’t think Virgil even did it but I think we can all come together and find the humour in him handling it in the worst way possible.

Looks like you can bet against a D.Va main...

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

with the understanding that virgil was not really a gamer, one wonders what drew him to d.va in particular

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i dont think there is a "good" way to handle this. if you issue a denial nobody will really believe it other than people who already dont think you did it, or you post one of those pathetic notes app apologies and people will rightfully tell you to gently caress off.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

i dont think there is a "good" way to handle this. if you issue a denial nobody will really believe it other than people who already dont think you did it, or you post one of those pathetic notes app apologies and people will rightfully tell you to gently caress off.

The thing is, tho, that we also have a 3rd option, which is you issue a thoughtful and meaningful apology in which you both admit to what you did and apologize to your victims without a caveat or a weird excuse.

Dan Harmon, a miserable cuss who looks like a jaundiced pirate captain, was publicly accused of mistreating and abusing his female staff because they wouldn’t go on a date with him, and his public apology was so well received that his victim publicly forgave Harmon and also just straight up said “this is an actual apology! This is a good example of how to apologize!”

and that was that! It’s absolutely WILD to think about, I know, but Harmon demonstrated that if you actually shows contrition and apologize appropriately, then the matter actually does kind of resolve itself and it does end up just going away.

Now, sure, a 26 year old man lying to a 17 year old girl online about how much he loves her so that he can see a pic of her boobs is a different gross thing, certainly, but imagine if Virgil (a professional writer, someone genuinely known for their clever turns of phrase and quick wit) had simply gotten out ahead of all the speculation by just saying “she’s right, it was insanely hosed up to both her and my girlfriend, and also to my team and my friends, and I am sorry” and just loving own it.

The absolute worst case scenario is that Virgil is in the exact same situation that he’s in now, but there are many potential scenarios where the apology is enough to just get people to shrug and go “well, what else can ya do” because Patreon millionaires aren’t actually accountable to anyone but their patrons.

But as others have said, maybe this is for the best, because his actual response is the funniest possible outcome, just ghosting your entire career and all your thousands of fans and thousands and thousands of dollars.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
There's a bad way to handle it for sure!

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Bust Rodd posted:

The thing is, tho, that we also have a 3rd option, which is you issue a thoughtful and meaningful apology in which you both admit to what you did and apologize to your victims without a caveat or a weird excuse.

Dan Harmon, a miserable cuss who looks like a jaundiced pirate captain, was publicly accused of mistreating and abusing his female staff because they wouldn’t go on a date with him, and his public apology was so well received that his victim publicly forgave Harmon and also just straight up said “this is an actual apology! This is a good example of how to apologize!”

and that was that! It’s absolutely WILD to think about, I know, but Harmon demonstrated that if you actually shows contrition and apologize appropriately, then the matter actually does kind of resolve itself and it does end up just going away.

Now, sure, a 26 year old man lying to a 17 year old girl online about how much he loves her so that he can see a pic of her boobs is a different gross thing, certainly, but imagine if Virgil (a professional writer, someone genuinely known for their clever turns of phrase and quick wit) had simply gotten out ahead of all the speculation by just saying “she’s right, it was insanely hosed up to both her and my girlfriend, and also to my team and my friends, and I am sorry” and just loving own it.

The absolute worst case scenario is that Virgil is in the exact same situation that he’s in now, but there are many potential scenarios where the apology is enough to just get people to shrug and go “well, what else can ya do” because Patreon millionaires aren’t actually accountable to anyone but their patrons.

But as others have said, maybe this is for the best, because his actual response is the funniest possible outcome, just ghosting your entire career and all your thousands of fans and thousands and thousands of dollars.

What if he actually didn’t do anything. Should he still apologize?

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

sounds like someone isn't aware of the Amber Pledge

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What if he actually didn’t do anything. Should he still apologize?

Do you genuinely believe apologizing for an imaginary crime would make Virgil look WORSE than he looks right now?

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Do you genuinely believe apologizing for an imaginary crime would make Virgil look WORSE than he looks right now?

Yeah man plea bargain's have such a great track record for defendants.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Denying it would also have been a better move than just ignoring it and running away, which has just led to people assuming the accusations are real and that he's a cowardly bitch

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoLambo posted:

Yeah man plea bargain's have such a great track record for defendants.

This isn’t a legal trial, or a courtroom.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

In cases where something is just made up yes denials tend to work out just fine.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Terrible Opinions posted:

In cases where something is just made up yes denials tend to work out just fine.

When you make somebody deny something horrible, that just makes everybody think that it must have happened. Nothing indicts like a denial.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Bust Rodd posted:

Honestly I find the whole public apology thing to be a weird ritual. He should apologise to the person he wronged (assuming he did it etc etc) but I don’t see the need to do public self-flagellation

You’re right that the approach he’s seemingly chosen is very funny tho

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

prefect posted:

When you make somebody deny something horrible, that just makes everybody think that it must have happened. Nothing indicts like a denial.
That's is like objectively just not true. Why do people keep claiming this? The vinesauce guy just said he didn't do it and was backed up by the one third party person mentioned in the accusations and low and behold everyone believed him.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean I don't think it matters, he's still making his money. He can't tweet without people getting mad at him but Twitter is bad for your brain and he can always make a parachute.

My question is, what do you do if this is a false accusation? Do you ignore it, do you deny it, or do you make a vague apology hoping that it makes things go away? Bear in mind I have no idea if this is false or not and I don't particularly care, Virgil isn't my friend and I don't pay for his podcast for babies.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

every podcasting group has a pedophile. it's perfectly normal. move on, find a new slant

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

mistermojo posted:

find a new slant

interesting

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I hope they talk about the native school poo poo in Canada soon. Too many awful takes and articles to not have Matt go off McCardle-style.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

This isn’t a legal trial, or a courtroom.

No you need evidence in those.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That's is like objectively just not true. Why do people keep claiming this? The vinesauce guy just said he didn't do it and was backed up by the one third party person mentioned in the accusations and low and behold everyone believed him.

“This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas.

“The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumour campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get away with calling him a pig-f****r,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofab****h deny it.”

(From Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yes yes I'm sure every single time someone who makes something you like is accused of anything they are innocent and society has been poisoned against them.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Penisaurus Sex posted:

My question is, what do you do if this is a false accusation? Do you ignore it, do you deny it, or do you make a vague apology hoping that it makes things go away? Bear in mind I have no idea if this is false or not and I don't particularly care, Virgil isn't my friend and I don't pay for his podcast for babies.

Easy. If the accusation is wholly false, you immediately quote tweet it and say the accuser is full of poo poo. The tricky part comes when the accusation is partly true. like if Virgil flirted with a 17yo off and on for a while but never asked to see her boobs or whatever.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Kingfish posted:

Easy. If the accusation is wholly false, you immediately quote tweet it and say the accuser is full of poo poo. The tricky part comes when the accusation is partly true. like if Virgil flirted with a 17yo off and on for a while but never asked to see her boobs or whatever.

that or if other accusers come out thats basically how it went with cosby and then louis ck. the inital accusation was not what sunk them, it was the other women coming out with similar stories.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Feeling very attacked by this Breaking Bad episode directly calling out my posting habits and eyewear style

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Virgil has been in Berlin in a 24/7 K-hole, in rotation between Berghain, Panoramabar, and Der Visionaire. Give him a few months and he'll turn up as a holistic yoga practitioner in Tulum and it will all be fine.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Virgil's in that suit that Keefe is in in the finale of Righteous Gemstones becoming a baby

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yes yes I'm sure every single time someone who makes something you like is accused of anything they are innocent and society has been poisoned against them.

That's not what I said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:vince: