Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
You wanna settle this like men? Then meet us in the ring. *ejaculates immediately*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where's Andy Kaufman when you need him?

(Answer: not here, he got off on wrestling women)

Edit:

(Gets 20 minutes into the episode) I WAS ONLY JOKING!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 25, 2021

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

all those courtesy pee people are gonna be pissed https://chickfly.com

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The page shows this text, which makes me doubt the product.

quote:

Liquid error (sections/dynamic-testimonials.liquid line 1)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Which episode featured Frank West shouting out the words "BOY MEAT"?

It was a great moment and despite re-listening through a substantial part of the back catalog when doing chores, I've never heard the episode again so it might be a really early one?

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sharkitten posted:

Which episode featured Frank West shouting out the words "BOY MEAT"?

It was a great moment and despite re-listening through a substantial part of the back catalog when doing chores, I've never heard the episode again so it might be a really early one?

Pretty sure that was the first F-List episode.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ah thank you! So it wasn't Frank West. Guess my memory got a bit clogged

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

to be fair it's hard to recognize Adam under the BOY MEAT

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

but how does BOY MEAT compare to Delicious Dude Meat?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
The Lesbiathan is running another Unknown Armies game with Stog, Frank, Heaveanator, Dijion Du Jour, and another person. The first episode is character and cabal creation and boy does it get wild

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vszzn-1071240?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share

I was also glad to see Heaveanator shared my opinion of the gun adapt variant that can shoot people.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Heliotrope posted:

The Lesbiathan is running another Unknown Armies game with Stog, Frank, Heaveanator, Dijion Du Jour, and another person. The first episode is character and cabal creation and boy does it get wild

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vszzn-1071240?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share

I was also glad to see Heaveanator shared my opinion of the gun adapt variant that can shoot people.

It was good to hear Stog again AND ALSO variant Fulminaturgy is bullshit.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
You ready to learn more about that adult baby and the supporting actors in his life?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'm not, but I'll never be ready so I might as well start listening.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The movie-in-a-movie having Matthew McConaughey and Paul Giamatti really puts this script’s composition date in a very narrow timeframe.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Been awhile since we believed in magick.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
NGL getting kinda invested in the Adult Baby story

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

There’s a Blood Stained Men billboard in Cincinnati,OH. Never thought I’d see one of those and especially not here. Welp, that’s one of the bucket list.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The whole episode, I kept thinking "surely somebody has gotta be trying this on bitcoin". Then, sure enough...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LanceHunter posted:

The whole episode, I kept thinking "surely somebody has gotta be trying this on bitcoin". Then, sure enough...

yea I enjoy that it went exactly as you'd expect when you hear 'Reddit's Magick Community' as the pitch.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would the F Plus or Extra Credits crew consider a doc of bad webcomic and bad newspaper comic dialogues?

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

RandomPauI posted:

Would the F Plus or Extra Credits crew consider a doc of bad webcomic and bad newspaper comic dialogues?

I'd consider it, absolutely. Just make sure there's enough to it that we have something to read and that it doesn't rely too heavily on the images. We did an episode awhile back where we read transcripts of terrible BL comics so it's definitely doable.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Some of my favourite fplus / extra credits / atrocity tourism has been things that have not been standard fare

The old Timey men's magazine had me in stitches and the vacuum clear dudes were great too

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I demand more content and will be developing new and ever grosser fetishes until my demands are met

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I forget who but some podcaster I listen to made the observation that in fiction where vampires are real, people are weirdly aggro when explaining the rules of the universe to the uninitiated("Now of course garlic and running water stops them, but not crosses or silver bullets you DIPSHIT, you MORON, why would you even THINK that would work") even though there's no way they'd have any inkling, given that they thought vampires were fake. This appears to be how at least the Reddit Magick community works, except instead of one person explaining the rules rudely to a different person, it's like 500 people who all have different rules and think you'd have to be an idiot to accept any rules but theirs.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I forget who but some podcaster I listen to made the observation that in fiction where vampires are real, people are weirdly aggro when explaining the rules of the universe to the uninitiated("Now of course garlic and running water stops them, but not crosses or silver bullets you DIPSHIT, you MORON, why would you even THINK that would work") even though there's no way they'd have any inkling, given that they thought vampires were fake. This appears to be how at least the Reddit Magick community works, except instead of one person explaining the rules rudely to a different person, it's like 500 people who all have different rules and think you'd have to be an idiot to accept any rules but theirs.

In vampire fiction it makes some sense, on a meta-textual level, as these aggro rule explanations are the authors' way of saying "gently caress those other vampire stories". Kind of like how movies will sometimes insert posters or billboards from other movies that the filmmaker dislikes so that they can be defaced or destroyed in some way.

As for why the redditors are doing it to each other, I don't know if it's a case of trying to imitate that fiction or them needing to be extremely insistent to help convince themselves that they are right.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it also fits vampires because arrogance and superiority are a common theme in those stories so it's 100% on brand for them to go 'ugh stupid human doesn't know everything about us even though they just found out we're real' like smug assholes.

Redditors are more emotional vampires, but the principle remains.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

LanceHunter posted:

In vampire fiction it makes some sense, on a meta-textual level, as these aggro rule explanations are the authors' way of saying "gently caress those other vampire stories". Kind of like how movies will sometimes insert posters or billboards from other movies that the filmmaker dislikes so that they can be defaced or destroyed in some way.

As for why the redditors are doing it to each other, I don't know if it's a case of trying to imitate that fiction or them needing to be extremely insistent to help convince themselves that they are right.

Or like that trend in the 90s and early 2000s where you had to have your mascot platformer murder other mascot platformers in the magazine ads to be taken seriously

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
it's just what Frank said during the episode, it's just dozens of people all talking over each other shouting their beliefs at nobody in particular

nobody posts in an online new age/magick community to learn, they do it to be heard

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
there's more honesty in the guy on the psi-wiki posting about getting every psychic power then there is in any of the magick crew.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

sexpig by night posted:

it also fits vampires because arrogance and superiority are a common theme in those stories so it's 100% on brand for them to go 'ugh stupid human doesn't know everything about us even though they just found out we're real' like smug assholes.

Redditors are more emotional vampires, but the principle remains.

One of the plot points I really liked about the Dresden Files was that there were different kinds of vampires, and the ones most like the media trope (garlic, crosses, etc) were nearly wiped out as a power because every schmuck mortal knew a dozen ways to kill them, thanks to various writers. This was why supernatural powers tried so hard to remain hidden; once mortals spread knowledge of them, then they couldn't deal with billions of idiots with stakes and garlic powder, or whatever their weakness was.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

RandomPauI posted:

Might be better for Garbage Day, which is how we were introduced to likpas.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Youth Decay posted:

Might be better for Garbage Day, which is how we were introduced to likpas.

Has there been any word on a 2021 Garbage Day?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Likpas are interesting though. 9CL is the comic that spent a year on grandma loving a Nazi because he loved her "purity", and that started a story last month where a woman dreamfucked a gay guy straight because he loved "her art".

Yes, it is written by a pretentious old white guy, why do you ask?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
what the gently caress are likpas

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DoctorWhat posted:

The likpas are gentle little beings about 20-25 cm long. They are gentle, merry, mischievous, active, pleasant to live with.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

DoctorWhat posted:

They likpate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

likpa nutz

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I still sometimes think about the likpa train. I wonder how you get to a point where you imagine and create it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Climate change requires us to switch to 100% fuckpowered transit by 2069

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

DoctorWhat posted:

Fairy penises in a French webcomic that's also a metaphor for colonialism and tells the origin story of Rastafarianism.

Again, fairy penises.