Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A Reddit guy is claiming WG accidentally briefly leaked the Frontline 2.0 introduction video, and he was able to grab it and put it up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelySlQGF0U

Certainly looks like a WG production. Highlights include minefields, field repair beacons, three reserve slots on all vehicle types etc.

Oh, and tier 9 vehicles. "Not from the start, but as the battle processes". Once attackers have claimed a second tier base, everyone will be able to start spawning in T9 tanks. This will add intrigue and tension and new tactical opportunities to battles!!!!1!!!11!

So, you know. WG gonna WG. They are just hell bent on taking things people enjoy in the game and "tweaking" them until people don't enjoy them anymore. Sergei, why is our game dying?!

E: and of course the only rewards are now battle pass points. So, you know...

E2: confirmed, now with official video link

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

How to create great shame on both teams!

The setter tried to 1v1 brawl me and man it's so bad I easily kicked the crap out of him. The fool even desperately tried to HE me halfway through.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Tier 9s would be interesting if limited to a catch-up mechanic on the losing team. I'll give WG a chance but I don't really see the upside of the proposed implementation. Due to crew training the majority of tier 9s in front lines will be reward tanks (AE phase 1, char Futur and obj 777), I'd probably just stick to the tier 8.5 premium meds.

edit: I have 45 tier 9s in my garage and none of them have native crews lmao

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 15, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
It's gonna be balanced so tier 9s can make money? Awesome. Just gonna spam my reward tanks and my Standard B.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katamari Democracy posted:

It's gonna be balanced so tier 9s can make money? Awesome. Just gonna spam my reward tanks and my Standard B.

You gotta remember that even 50 credits is technically making money.

There's no way they're letting you grind credits with tier 9s at any reasonable pace.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
I've only been getting blueprint drops for tier 4s lately, whereas it used to be a balance between low, medium, and high tiers. Anyone else seeing this? It's a pretty big difference seeing as a tier 4 blueprint is worth like 500-1000 xp vs 10k+ xp for T9-10?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hoppy Goodness posted:

I've only been getting blueprint drops for tier 4s lately, whereas it used to be a balance between low, medium, and high tiers. Anyone else seeing this? It's a pretty big difference seeing as a tier 4 blueprint is worth like 500-1000 xp vs 10k+ xp for T9-10?

I think a lot of us are in the same position in that we can't necessarily comment on that because we had most of the tank lines up to high tiers by the time they introduced BPs. Sure, I did receive some lower-tier BPs for the few vehicles that I hadn't unlocked below tier 9, but then on the other hand you'll be in the same boat when you've grinded up the lines, so that you'll only receive high-tier BPs when you've elited all the lower-tier ones.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I *think* one of the tweaks I saw mentioned was making BP drops biased towards your "next tank in line" options to avoid things like being stuck with a bunch of T10 BPs for lines you're not even playing, but I also may be misremembering because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Vando posted:

I *think* one of the tweaks I saw mentioned was making BP drops biased towards your "next tank in line" options to avoid things like being stuck with a bunch of T10 BPs for lines you're not even playing, but I also may be misremembering because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yes, they intentionally did that.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Despite the Frontline stuff, 1.14 is looking like another winner from WG. The topography mode should have been put in the game years ago, but I'm glad to see it anyhow.

The Blueprint drop buff is great, I think I got about 15 drops this week just from dailies. I hope they bring back the fragment -> bia crewmen exchange soon, I'll be sitting on a bunch after this battle pass season.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Will the new two shot tanks be in? I don't mind coming back grind up new tanks then quitting for months at a time.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
closing the ruinberg rat hole, finally

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

closing the ruinberg rat hole, finally

Ratholes you mean?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5956020#arctic_region-mariuslecter-type_4_heavy

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

Will the new two shot tanks be in? I don't mind coming back grind up new tanks then quitting for months at a time.

The Czech heavies are in the next patch, so they should be available for Frontlines. The bad news is that the T7 is awful, the T8 isn't much better, the T9 is OK and the T10 is good/great.

At least now, unless WG nerf it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
WG doesn't nerf things until they're at a critical mass. Given that, the EBR 105 will probably eventually eat one.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Tier 9 on eu is now the new tier 8. It is full of idiots in premiums who know nothing like tier 8 but with the added tier 10 try hards who spam nothing but gold and people who free xp’d their way to tier 10 because they sucked at every other tier.

With all this I still have a 57% win rate in the obj 257. It is a bullshit tank that makes anyone look good.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

WG doesn't nerf things until they're at a critical mass. Given that, the EBR 105 will probably eventually eat one.

Sometimes they overreact to a tank performing too well on the PTR and nerf it into the ground prior to release. See: Rinoceronte.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Tier 9 on eu is now the new tier 8. It is full of idiots in premiums who know nothing like tier 8 but with the added tier 10 try hards who spam nothing but gold and people who free xp’d their way to tier 10 because they sucked at every other tier.

Amen. T9 was good to great before this latest battle pass handed every idiot a Char Futur 4.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The T10 Czech heavy looks pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kY641ftoI

Did the CDC and T34 buffs go live?

Edit: 50tp is pretty fantastic

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 19, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

I just got my hands on the AE Phase I today:

I had this tank for a couple battles and so far I am at a weird love hate relationship with it. Its like a very weird Renegade without it...well being the Renegade. I am playing this tank exactly the same as that tank but I am getting hammered in this thing from everyone. I do not know what I am doing wrong. My Obj 777 has a much better time bouncing with its turret than this thing does.

And yes, I will admit, I see silver to gold rounds being shot at me in almost every game. So yeah there is my issue. It just sucks this is the case.

I also probably should have went with the Char Future but I am just not on the fence with French vehicles besides my EBR. That Russian TD is just a one trick pony that does not really offer anything and I dont know why you need 12 tokens to buy it.

At least my Kunze Panzer is still rock solid.

Edit: :stare: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5959583#serene_coast-katamari_democracy-su-101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTLVBgU7SU

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 20, 2021

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Unfortunately crew 2.0 still has a major light tank issues. I can make a build that has a 5 second spotting time for me, 15 spotting time for enemies and 60%+ camo on an elc. I don't see crew 2.0 hitting live for another year at least.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Why does Wargaming continually do this to themselves?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gorman Thomas posted:

Unfortunately crew 2.0 still has a major light tank issues. I can make a build that has a 5 second spotting time for me, 15 spotting time for enemies and 60%+ camo on an elc. I don't see crew 2.0 hitting live for another year at least.

The training costs are also insanely high, the Sabaton/Offspring issue of them only having access to the three skills WG pre-picked sucks rear end, hell, unique commanders just becoming "advisors" sucks, many skills are completely imbalanced (skill one gives you +2,5% everything but only if you're within 75m of a friendly tank. Skill two gives you +5% to everything all the time, hmm, which do I want?!)...

so it's probably coming out in September.

e: lol apparently now a lot of mobility crew skills now also affect wheeled vehicles whereas previously they didn't. QB is currently playing an EBR 105 that is pretty much as agile in speed mode as it is in turning mode currently.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 20, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

QB's now playing in an ELC Even 90 with 71% camo and 528 meters view range.

Nope, no balance problems here, comrade.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

QB's now playing in an ELC Even 90 with 71% camo and 528 meters view range.

Nope, no balance problems here, comrade.

No, there's a terrible problem with that.

The tank isn't Russian. There's only one solution to that:

(ATGM tube ornamental at first, operational later, fully amphibious at launch)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No, there's a terrible problem with that.

The tank isn't Russian. There's only one solution to that:

(ATGM tube ornamental at first, operational later, fully amphibious at launch)

If they made this tank so it doesn't sink to the river beds and stays at fording on the surface of water with a speed reduction it'd be interesting.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

If they made this tank so it doesn't sink to the river beds and stays at fording on the surface of water with a speed reduction it'd be interesting.

Even though we know for a fact that tank shells penetrate water just fine, I'd expect the BMP-1's ~WACKY QUIRK~ to be that only its turret and upper would be a valid hitbox when in water, and artillery shells would only damage on direct hits.

It'd also be hilarious on Fjords and Fisherman's Bay.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I skipped the Tier 9. Sue me.

Dont worry about the rank up top. I have yet to claim the skin from the battle pass. I am now at 101. All thats going through my head is the "UH OH" I am about to unleash from this tank.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The 71% camo ELC Even was hilariously broken. QB was able to just casually drive up to the northern cap on Westfield with T10 enemies on both hillsides around him, and just sit out there in the open like 150 meters away from a Grille 15, enemy arty, another ELC Even and god knows what else.

And then he had a really good point. Paraphrasing: "if someone like me was able to figure out this loophole immediately and create something that is obviously broken, how can we be in the second iteration of this system without anyone at Wargaming spotting this?"

Go to about 4 hours, 55 minutes on this video to see the business, if the timestamp didn't work:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1092515242?t=04h56m25s

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 21, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm sure they know. They *want* Crew 2.0 skills to be hideously broken at launch. They *want* people to blow their "free" re-spec on ~the most OP~ skills.

They want this because they've been giving away free crews for years now. No one paid for them. No one's *had* to.

Well, they'll pay now, when those skills are adjusted and nerfed with every patch. Because there'll always be people willing to pay for that extra percentage point over people who aren't willing to pay.

And no one will be able to do anything about it because crew skills are part of a free to play game, attached to a part of that game that no one paid for, so national bait-and-switch laws don't apply.

Why spend tons of time coding and modeling a new T8 premium when you can turn some 1s to 0s and vice versa and make just as much from people reshuffling their crew skills to match the current flavor of the month?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm sure they know. They *want* Crew 2.0 skills to be hideously broken at launch. They *want* people to blow their "free" re-spec on ~the most OP~ skills.

Yeah. A while ago I figured out that WG operates on the principle of ... whatever that "initially propose a completely offensively bad deal with no expectation of having it accepted, then dial it back to only moderately offensive and seem a lot more reasonable" thing is called. The initial pitches for their features are just complete loving horse poo poo. Then they make some minor tweaks without eliminating the horse poo poo and a billion fanboys applaud them for listening to feedback and making "awesome improvements".

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I skipped the Tier 9. Sue me.

Dont worry about the rank up top. I have yet to claim the skin from the battle pass. I am now at 101. All thats going through my head is the "UH OH" I am about to unleash from this tank.

the T9 is more fun than the T10.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fired up the game for the first time in a few weeks. Greeted by an old private message from some guy:

quote:

A
S
H
O
L
E
HECKER

Did he suddenly find Jesus and decide to tone back the language, or did I play so well in my 25TP that I was called a hacker?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

:dafuq:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Have a ton of rental crews in barracks. What was the bonus they'd convert all that to when crew 2,0 hits?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

At this point who knows, the whole system is so god drat convoluted. What happens to paid crews like the 5 person Girls ünd Panzer crew, when you have a total of four advisor slots? Does the fifth person just disappear into the warp? Does one of them become a crew and the rest advisors?

I'd ask WG but I won't even pretend anyone's given it a moment's thought over there.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

At this point who knows, the whole system is so god drat convoluted. What happens to paid crews like the 5 person Girls ünd Panzer crew, when you have a total of four advisor slots? Does the fifth person just disappear into the warp? Does one of them become a crew and the rest advisors?

I'd ask WG but I won't even pretend anyone's given it a moment's thought over there.

Currently the crew becomes both commander and instructor. Instructor skills are prebaked.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Which also kinda sucks. I've got the Sabaton crew from the Primo Victoria, but I don't like Swedish mediums so I retrained them for Swedish heavies. I should check, but I have doubts whether their pre-baked skills are good for heavies.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

I'll tell you the plus 4 to bia and situational awareness is amazing though.

And that's 4 on top of the 10 normal levels of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

https://youtu.be/G44xTr8D_bw

Does anyone know if the buffs to the CDC and T34 go live?

Edit: I should probably play some this weekend. I was enjoying the 50tp. Gun is a little derpy, but feel like a solid tank overall. I was surprised at how much it could bounce.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 22, 2021