Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Hangman did a One Winged Angel against the Young Bucks and would have won it with the move. Kota Ibushi has never done a One Winged Angel. Hangman Page has more of a connection to the move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The nice thing about not having not watched any meaningful amount of NJPW is that I don’t have any real emotional investment in Kota Ibushi and am therefore ready for Page to kick out of the OWA.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wonder if Jericho vs. MJF, Jerichos career on the line main events All Out and Hangman vs. Omega main events Grand Slam.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Remember when that idiot Kenny Omega gave Eddie Kingston a free shot? I wish I could find that video but nothing on youtube.

EDIT:
FOUND IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP6ocWyWRTA&t=146s

Shard fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 15, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

Remember when that idiot Kenny Omega gave Eddie Kingston a free shot? I wish I could find that video but nothing on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP6ocWyWRTA&t=157s

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Last weekly discussion:

smarxist posted:

before i expanded the thumb i thought Penta was a lil budgie

Me:
[fires up Procreate]
[internet connection dies]
[internet connection lives]
Well poo poo gotta post before my computer decides to take a turn.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

cero seed-o

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

The nice thing about not having not watched any meaningful amount of NJPW is that I don’t have any real emotional investment in Kota Ibushi and am therefore ready for Page to kick out of the OWA.
Kenny's run from summer 2016 to January 2019 might be the best run for a wrestler I've ever seen, both in terms of match quality and storytelling, and it's worth tracking down for at least the bigger shows. But since someone mentioned Moxley in the G1 a few pages ago, the 2019 G1 Climax is a great place to start if you're the least bit interested. It's post-Kenny/Elite, but the addition of Mox, Shingo, and Kenta to the tournament made the block matches fresher than they've been in years, and every night was a banger. Round-robin tournaments are also a great way to familiarize yourself with the top roster because everyone gets showcased.

I really hope AEW does something like that soon. They absolutely have the wealth of talent for it, and having 2 blocks would easily fill up 6-8 weeks of TV & Youtube booking leading into a PPV.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I read someone say now that Darby was done with Page where does he go from here.

You know what's great about AEW? Literally anywhere is an option that is valid because it's nothing but good options.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Shard posted:

I read someone say now that Darby was done with Page where does he go from here.

You know what's great about AEW? Literally anywhere is an option that is valid because it's nothing but good options.

going after Ricky Starks' FTW belt if they hadn't already do a program against Team Taz

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Imagine being a weirdo not digging Miro

Forget that, imagine having Miro on your payroll for years and the best you could do with him is a midcarder in a cuckolding storyline. It's delicious schadenfreude watching all these "bad" wrestlers finally get free from Vince and SOAR in AEW.

Like there's absolutely zero reason why Miro couldn't have been a monster murder machine in the WWE, except that the entire company follows the orders of a racist, xenophobic old man with swiss cheese for brains.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I wouldn't mind an MJF v Darby fued... "preps vs skaters" type vibe.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sticklefifer posted:

Kenny's run from summer 2016 to January 2019 might be the best run for a wrestler I've ever seen, both in terms of match quality and storytelling, and it's worth tracking down for at least the bigger shows. But since someone mentioned Moxley in the G1 a few pages ago, the 2019 G1 Climax is a great place to start if you're the least bit interested. It's post-Kenny/Elite, but the addition of Mox, Shingo, and Kenta to the tournament made the block matches fresher than they've been in years, and every night was a banger. Round-robin tournaments are also a great way to familiarize yourself with the top roster because everyone gets showcased.

I really hope AEW does something like that soon. They absolutely have the wealth of talent for it, and having 2 blocks would easily fill up 6-8 weeks of TV & Youtube booking leading into a PPV.

I'm the hugest sucker for long running tournaments in pro wrestling. Good matches, stats that matter, emergent storytelling. Love all of it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

animeluva1 posted:

Last weekly discussion:

Me:
[fires up Procreate]
Well poo poo gotta post before my computer decides to take a turn.

As a wrestling fan and bird owner

HOLY poo poo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Man, I know Darby has done similar things with body bags and stuff but as a huge wimp and also claustrophobe, I would not have wanted to be All Ego Ethan Page (It's not confidence It's All Ego) during that last spot. Knowing that at some point soon a goffik dude is going to plunge through the sky and smash a coffin lid directly into your face.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

enigmahfc posted:

going after Ricky Starks' FTW belt if they hadn't already do a program against Team Taz
I'd be cool with Team Taz feuding internally over their rogue belt forever, and not having it be an outside thing that anyone can challenge for. Booking a tertiary singles belt seriously is kind of pointless when there are other divisions that could use more attention. If it had some kind of extra stipulation attached to it like hardcore rules done properly, fine, but as of now it's just another singles belt.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
now that cage is gone there's a spot for leyla

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I'd be cool with Team Taz feuding internally over their rogue belt forever, and not having it be an outside thing that anyone can challenge for. Booking a tertiary singles belt seriously is kind of pointless when there are other divisions that could use more attention. If it had some kind of extra stipulation attached to it like hardcore rules done properly, fine, but as of now it's just another singles belt.

Yeah, if anyone outside of team Taz fights for it I want it to be because AEW was threatened. Either Taz bullied and threatened for it or whoever is challenging did it so that they could then go and hurt Taz and take a thing that him and his team cherishes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

enigmahfc posted:

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer that Darby already did a thing with Taz because Brian Cage recruiting Darby (and Sting) to get revenge on Starks, Hobbs, and Hook would be fun.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, if anyone outside of team Taz fights for it I want it to be because AEW was threatened. Either Taz bullied and threatened for it or whoever is challenging did it so that they could then go and hurt Taz and take a thing that him and his team cherishes.

Turn it into the Youtube belt and have it defended on the Darks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm going to need to start a new timescale for AEW because it just flies by. Including months long events. I looked up that Eddie video and was shocked to find out that happened back in March. Kenny has been champ since Dec but it doesn't feel like half a loving year

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

okay which of you is getting the all elite crate

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Shard posted:

Kenny has been champ since Dec but it doesn't feel like half a loving year

I think this is because while he has had some defences (Fenix, OC/PAC, Jungle Boy) the only feuds he's had (specifically for the title, obviously there's been the larger Elite thing going on) are with Mox and now Hangman. Would have been nice to have moved on from Mox immediately after the deathmatch and have a big meaty title story before he drops it to Hangman.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kirios posted:

I thought about it but not for $40.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Kirios posted:

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm gonna give it a shot for one box. Considering their t-shirts are usually around $25 a piece, it's already a decent deal.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's actually cheaper than I expected -- that's not a bad deal for two shirts, a signed 8x10, and various other junk. But I already have enough useless poo poo around my apartment (I know, turn on my monitor) and more wrestling shirts than I ever wear

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kirios posted:

I would but it ships from the USA, the shipping costs are 50% of the crate's costs and the taxes and import duties I'd have to pay would more than double the crate's original cost.

So nope, but luckily we have all these import tariffs protecting all the Finnish companies manufacturing AEW merchandise :dumb:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I guess it's less that I think Lance is absolutely winning as much as I can't understand booking Mox in title matches in back to back weeks and booking Archer in a big title match with a top guy in TX just to have Mox retain like he did vs KA and have Lance lose yet another title match. Like if nothing else, I kinda expect the No DQ stip to be there to protect Mox and it's a lot easier for a top NJPW guy to go over Lance than Mox.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, that's pretty much my logic too. I'd even be OK with the Elite screwing Mox out of it. I like Archer a lot, but I don't see much value in having him always talk about finally getting his hands on a title and then choking every time.

enigmahfc posted:

Turn it into the Youtube belt and have it defended on the Darks

Alternatively, make it the Rampage belt.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SonicRulez posted:

I guess it's less that I think Lance is absolutely winning as much as I can't understand booking Mox in title matches in back to back weeks and booking Archer in a big title match with a top guy in TX just to have Mox retain like he did vs KA and have Lance lose yet another title match. Like if nothing else, I kinda expect the No DQ stip to be there to protect Mox and it's a lot easier for a top NJPW guy to go over Lance than Mox.

It's to give Archer a headline match in his hometown

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in aew, people always lose in their hometown. why? because Tony gets two laughs out of it. one when he is booking it, and one when it happens. hosed up guy

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Maybe this is too much of a WWE thing, but they could have Kenny eliminated from the match by getting DQ’d for kicking too much rear end. Just have him beat the crap out of Hangman and the DO until the red has had enough and sends him packing. This would keep Kenny strong and put heat on him.

No, I am not serious

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rarity posted:

It's to give Archer a headline match in his hometown

Ricky and Sammy won their matches though

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Isn’t it not Tony’s decision as to whether or not Mox keeps the US Title? He doesn’t have to put the match on his programming, but I assumed NJPW decides who goes over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Archer will lose because it isn't his hometown and even if it was Dallas he went out of his way to forsake Dallas.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I think the PiP for the coffin match was just a ploy to sell more fite.tv subs, worked on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hahaha YES :neckbeard: