Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mokinokaro posted:

It's happening on Elira's side too now

Just Pomu.

Just Pomu.

Just Pomu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

gnome7 posted:

I am so engaged in this weird pomu horror plot

She's reset the thumbnail and I do not know what that means.

Oh nevermind, she's back at it

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I got a discord alert

quote:

nyan’s script reading stream will be starting soon !

We’ll be doing a reading of The Room, roles reprised by classic favorites such as Veibae, Nyanners, Silvervale, IronMouse, projekt Melody & Snuffy

twitch.tv/nyanners

:eyepop:

cousin.avi
Oct 1, 2005

Just Pomu

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I'm torn, on the one hand Marine is all too excited and happy to talk about her rear end at any given moment so more power to her, but having 8 billion clippers in recommended all posting about it is still kinda skeeving me out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kibibit posted:

I'm torn, on the one hand Marine is all too excited and happy to talk about her rear end at any given moment so more power to her, but having 8 billion clippers in recommended all posting about it is still kinda skeeving me out.

Well other Hololivers also decided to talk about it at the same time.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kibibit posted:

It's got the vibe of a Three Stooges bit more then anything. I haven't seen anything posted about it that isn't 100% comical and even the video comments are joking about it.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
The Axolotl ship has sailed, we are now in the Age of rear end

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kibibit posted:

I think it's just the topic du jour, otherwise we'd see endless clips about Noel's boobs

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kanos posted:

Pomu's minecraft meltdown is hitting the sweet spot between a Haachama storyline and Calli begging Atlus to let her play Persona 3.

Isn't persona 3 the one that was borderline unplayable by 2005 standards and famous for its insane bonkers anime story?

I've heard alot about persona games, but its usually that they are insane 100hr games the devolve in repetitive grinding for the last 1/3rd and you need precision guides to 100%

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

No, it's good actually

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

pentyne posted:

Isn't persona 3 the one that was borderline unplayable by 2005 standards and famous for its insane bonkers anime story?

I've heard alot about persona games, but its usually that they are insane 100hr games the devolve in repetitive grinding for the last 1/3rd and you need precision guides to 100%

The game is really playable (but slowwwwwww) and the story is barely spicy for anime RPG standards.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yeah, its pretty bog standard teens climbing a tower to kill god stuff honestly. the only vaguely spicy thing about it is that to unleash their personas they gotta put their guns to their heads and pull the trigger. and one of thems a robot i guess.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

pentyne posted:

I don't think you've heard very much about persona games if that's what you think about them, they're fun jrpgs that don't take 100 hours to play and aren't full of grinding

the needing a guide part is sortof true if you want to max out every single social link in one run though, but that's not at all necessary for a normal playthrough

Paper Lion posted:

yeah, its pretty bog standard teens climbing a tower to kill god stuff honestly. the only vaguely spicy thing about it is that to unleash their personas they gotta put their guns to their heads and pull the trigger. and one of thems a robot i guess.

smh one of them is a cute dog how could you forget this

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Honestly, Callie 3 hours of grinding Tartarus/just chatting would be perfect content.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
Persona 3 is enjoyable if you just ignore trying to 100% all the social links and focus on the ones you like. People who try to 100% a Persona game on the first run are just setting themselves up for frustration and disappointment instead of a fun game about shooting yourself in the head with your robot and dog friends.

100% runs in Persona games suck, you don't get to do many of the fun little side activities because you're constantly trying to maximize and manipulate your social schedule like anime highschool Machiavelli.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The important thing is that one of the main themes of Persona 3 is death and that's all Calli.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Honestly, Callie 3 hours of grinding Tartarus/just chatting would be perfect content.

It'd own a whole lot. Shame it didn't work out though

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
Vanilla Persona 3 was notoriously bad if you wanted to 100% all the Social Links from a fresh game, but that's more of a challenge run thing. FES and Portable might have loosened that a bit, and P4 and I assume P5 were much more lenient based on feedback from P3's experience.

Anyways, we are less than 30 minutes from a perfectly normal stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_Ipp2_rnw

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paper Lion posted:

I mean, compared with other persona games where you get to fight a giant dick and Hitler (which in this case are not the same thing) it's banana pepper mild.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

junan_paalla posted:

I got a discord alert

:eyepop:

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

pentyne posted:

I don't know about playability but in terms of insane bonkers anime story you might be thinking of Persona 2, the game where spreading rumors about the Boys in Brazil brings Hitler back to life and which ends by looping in on itself and collapsing into a new universe as a separate game where one of the characters is driven mad by retaining memories from the previous game.

Persona 3 has you shoot yourself in the head to summon your Persona but that's about the only super wild thing there I know of.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
the ultimate reward for maxing out a social link in persona 3 is that the NPC in question will be cameoed in a late game cutscene

to some people it's inexcusable, a sign they are on some deviant less-than-canon route and the whole run basically a failure, if everything plays out how it otherwise would have but the below doesn't happen

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I'm so glad Snuffy got over her stage fright over using her real voice because it's hilarious here.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Kevos Setzer posted:

Vanilla Persona 3 was notoriously bad if you wanted to 100% all the Social Links from a fresh game, but that's more of a challenge run thing. FES and Portable might have loosened that a bit, and P4 and I assume P5 were much more lenient based on feedback from P3's experience.

If it tells you anything, I was able to Platinum P5 Royal in a single fresh playthrough, only using a guide for the Twins' Fusion Requests and the "best answers" during Confidant conversations, and otherwise just routing on the fly.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Pomu has hijacked Elira's stream

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Pomu has killed Elira and taken over her stream

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ngl I was hoping they'd play some minecraft

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Falls Down Stairs posted:

the ultimate reward for maxing out a social link in persona 3 is that the NPC in question will be cameoed in a late game cutscene

to some people it's inexcusable, a sign they are on some deviant less-than-canon route and the whole run basically a failure, if everything plays out how it otherwise would have but the below doesn't happen

>.> The ultimate reward for maxing out an Slink in P3 is the ability to fuse the strongest persona in that arcana.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Potsticker posted:

ngl I was hoping they'd play some minecraft

Pomu will be in about forty minutes. Wouldn't be surprised if she ropes Elira in eventually.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

Pomu will be in about forty minutes. Wouldn't be surprised if she ropes Elira in eventually.

Well Elira just RTA'd Stickmin so--

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Snuffy what the gently caress

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Pomu seems upset about something but I cant quite put my finger on what it might be

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Supremezero posted:

>.> The ultimate reward for maxing out an Slink in P3 is the ability to fuse the strongest persona in that arcana.

I'm just being flippant about how trivial some of the content players feel like they're being gated out of if they don't obsessively minmax these games really is. You don't need to fuse every persona in the compendium to enjoy the game and some people talk like you're being denied the "true experience" if you don't tick every little box

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Doc V posted:

TIL that Hitoshi Ariga, best known as the mangaka behind Mega Man Megamix/Gigamix and as a pokemon designer is a vtuber these days, and also he's drawing Okayu fanart right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FOW5zg5y5M

His avatar is pretty adorable:

https://twitter.com/ariga_megamix/status/1408641367228575752

das neat. ive never read the megaman manga but i still watch that fan made animation every once in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqFsp0-l3es

(ngl sometimes i think, ok replace rock and bass with pekora and miko, kos-mos with roboco, morrigan with choco-sensei, etc)

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Pomu seems upset about something but I cant quite put my finger on what it might be

I think finana might have done something to disappoint her :v:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kibibit posted:

just like how 99% of the clips about rushia seem to be about being pettan. it's boring tbh.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
roboco is currently less than 600 subs away from 700k, if you like Apex, dead by daylight, asmr and chat streams, she's very good for all of those
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZEiDPTuCII
I tuned in just in time for "oh hi mark, how's your sex life", perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

Vei and Mouse are now tossing the football.