Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I reinstalled 76, had not played since I finished Season 3 (armor ace) some time ago.

What in the hell did they do to the optimization of this game? It's stuttering and struggling to maintain 30fps inside the rear entrance of WesTek. I never had this level of performance issues before.

Any pointers for me? Steam version on Win10... I already implemented lots of the ini tweaks, no mods, capped FPS at 60 with GeForce control panel... disabled ipresetinterval...I'm not sure what else to do beside uninstall this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Slayerjerman posted:

What in the hell did they do to the optimization of this game? It's stuttering and struggling to maintain 30fps inside the rear entrance of WesTek. I never had this level of performance issues before.
Any pointers for me? Steam version on Win10... I already implemented lots of the ini tweaks, no mods, capped FPS at 60 with GeForce control panel... disabled ipresetinterval...I'm not sure what else to do beside uninstall this.
Is it running fullscreen? For me it used to run way better in Borderless Windowed than Fullscreen but after some update the opposite happened. Other than that, no clue

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Slayerjerman posted:

I reinstalled 76, had not played since I finished Season 3 (armor ace) some time ago.

it’s not well optimized in general but right now there is some extra bullshit going on with some kind of duping bug they’re trying to figure out that’s lagging everything out

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I accidentally bought the Secret Service helmet plan instead of the chest plate.:emo:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Taerkar posted:

I accidentally bought the Secret Service helmet plan instead of the chest plate.:emo:

Well, at least you bought something that you didn't yet know and would at some point buy anyways because it's the last item to completion. ;)

I bought a plan twice despite it saying [Known]. To this day I have no idea how that even happened.

Also, Minerva has a fire sale every 4 cycles where she sells everything you could buy over the last 3 and by then you'll have a couple thousand more gold.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Minerva now has her own Wiki entry.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Minerva

Note that should you want Solar/Thorn armor you'll also need Vault Steel to roll the pieces. Mumbles sells that.

And for those who didn't know, the limits to 5 Vault Steel and 10 Modules is a per server limit, not a daily one.

Also, assuming that Beth ain't changing things, here is a handy calender to keep track of what cycle she's on and what's to come. Kudos to InnoSurvivalist for the calender. Like most youtube game "influencers" she's a bit annoying but your mileage may vary. :)

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 14, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Treasure Hunters return today.

Don't bother with the ones you can find out in the wild, craft your own pails. The medium ones give the best bang for your caps.

Also, new ITV is out.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/3DzfHLgrlsb8s6FSIz9IKJ/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-july-2021-updates

Nothing new but we're supposed to stay tuned.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sensenmann posted:

Don't bother with the ones you can find out in the wild, craft your own pails. The medium ones give the best bang for your caps.

Also, new ITV is out.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/3DzfHLgrlsb8s6FSIz9IKJ/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-july-2021-updates

Nothing new but we're supposed to stay tuned.

Any new additions to the loot table for treasurehunters?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

Any new additions to the loot table for treasurehunters?

Nope.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm pretty sure I'm going back on break with fo76. I stayed on for the last season but really can't put forth the effort to blow through the seasonal stuff or daily grind it. They really made it more approachable that how it was and I had fun.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm at that point with it too. I just have a few more rounds of Nuclear Winter to get the level 69 trophy and I'm probably going to put it down until after I move in a few months.

Just more time for Farming Simulator '19, now on gamepass.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

im just grinding out the scoreboard for that Mandalorian looking helmet

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I just want the washer and dryer. Someday a proper bathtub or shower will be released and my fallout barbie doll house will be complete.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

MH Knights posted:

I just want the washer and dryer. Someday a proper bathtub or shower will be released and my fallout barbie doll house will be complete.
You might not have to wait long, this was datamined from the Steel Reign update atomic shop/score cache.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sensenmann posted:

lol I was playing late last night and jumped on to Guided Meditation - I usually cover the meditation unit nearest the car park, so I jumped over the side wing of the temple to get there, then my ears/brain caught up with me, "thats not a code carrier beep, its a treasure hunter clonk/whirr'

First miner pail claimed, didn't even know they'd returned :o:

edit: I also got a lot of momentary disconnects and then an actual server crash, I hope Beth catches the dupe hackers and puts them all to the sword.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 16, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit: I also got a lot of momentary disconnects and then an actual server crash, I hope Beth catches the dupe hackers and puts them all to the sword.

Funny enough, part of what makes the exploit work is now used by obsessed camp builders to glitch the camp budget. Some, as usual, have gone so far beyond the intended limit that the server has gently caress all reserves for performance hungry events, which is why Guided Meditation, Line in the Sand, Encryptid and Scorched Earth are a really laggy shitshow on servers with glitched camps. Line in the Sand and Guided Meditation work slightly different when it comes to mob spawns, so it's not as noticable as with the other 2.

And yes, this has been reported during the last PTS. Also yes, it was ignored.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 16, 2021

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Has there been a "returning newbie" FO 76 effortpost lately? I played at launch and bounced off a bit, want to try it again while avoiding any particular pitfalls

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Devor posted:

Has there been a "returning newbie" FO 76 effortpost lately? I played at launch and bounced off a bit, want to try it again while avoiding any particular pitfalls
Your best bet will probably be YouTube guides/tutorials, and there are a handful of Fallout 76 content creators that are still active. I'd probably recommend AngryTurtle, as he has some new player tutorials along with videos on almost every game mechanic and how to min/max them.

You could start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ44C8lYdXU

You can also search for videos more specific to any kind of build you're going for.

In general though, you'll probably want to focus on just leveling up for your first 30 levels because the nature of the game kind of prevents you from specializing much before then. Fallout 76 is still in a weird state where the Early Game isn't very satisfying, and there's virtually no End Game content, so you're generally looking to rush through the former and then take your time getting to the latter.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sweet, thanks!

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
If you're looking for help with a specific build and want to follow Youtube guides I strongly recommend to skip any and all builds that were made before September 15 last year.

That was the point One Wasteland dropped and any guides made before that lack infos about the Legendary Perks or are now misleading thanks to changes to some of the normal perks and the way damage is calculated. Thankfully, it's easy now to fix build issues but you still don't want to waste any precious perk card coins early on.

Also, you can use this https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76/character?v=1&s=1111111 to share your build if you need help.

One more thing, if you're somewhere between level 25 and 50 and find yourself dying a lot, that's normal. One Wasteland made the difficulty curve a bit rear end. Below 25, everything is easy. From there to 50 it's kind of hard thanks to lacking resources, higher scaling mobs and a lack of the good perks. 50+ is where you want to be as fast as possible. ;)

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 16, 2021

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Looking at the video I see casual groups - is there any etiquette I should know about grouping? It seems that a lot of the perks want you to be in a group, do folks just group up and then do their own thing by default?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Devor posted:

Looking at the video I see casual groups - is there any etiquette I should know about grouping? It seems that a lot of the perks want you to be in a group, do folks just group up and then do their own thing by default?
Yeah, go ahead and join in for the extra INT each person in the group gets (which just means more experience) and then go do whatever you want. Daily Ops groups are really the only ones that have a specific goal in mind.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Has there been any mod talk for 76 from Bethesda recently? That’s something they promised, right?

I do miss 76’s map, it’s just that the live aspect of the game spoiled my experience (part of that is on me and how I respond to daily incentives).

I’m guessing PS4 Atom store purchases don’t carry over to the PC version?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

Has there been any mod talk for 76 from Bethesda recently? That’s something they promised, right?

I do miss 76’s map, it’s just that the live aspect of the game spoiled my experience (part of that is on me and how I respond to daily incentives).

I’m guessing PS4 Atom store purchases don’t carry over to the PC version?
I think that's something that might be coming with the Private World update, but who knows.

And no, unfortunately there's no store crossover from PS4 to the PC version. There was a migration option from Bethesda's own launcher to Steam (where you kept you Atomic Shop purchases and characters, but not Atoms or FO1st), but they didn't offer that for consoles.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can only assume they are working towards approved mods or either given up the idea. Vermintide 2 has approved mods and the system is kinda good. You can use unapproved mods with vermintide 2 but you can only log into the modded realm where nothing is saved.

Vermintide 2 recently had a tournament that was on the modded realm because the mods made the game even harder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULYSxkn_rsA

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 16, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hi I started playing this because I've got nothing going on till November and after getting to level 50 I blew all the atoms I gained from challenges on building a Slocum's Joe because could a depressed person make this

there's also a house and a garage but they're not finished yet

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

hi I started playing this because I've got nothing going on till November and after getting to level 50 I blew all the atoms I gained from challenges on building a Slocum's Joe because could a depressed person make this

there's also a house and a garage but they're not finished yet

That's a lovely little camp. I believe the Plan: Advertisement Posters has a couple of food-themed posters and the Plan: Valley Galleria Signs got a couple of diner looking signs that would fit right in.

I love themed camps, they're always a joy to look at and explore.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

That's a lovely little camp. I believe the Plan: Advertisement Posters has a couple of food-themed posters and the Plan: Valley Galleria Signs got a couple of diner looking signs that would fit right in.

I love themed camps, they're always a joy to look at and explore.

yeah that first one has a slocum's joe ad poster I wanted to put on the front wall or behind the vendor but I haven't been able to track down the plans yet

Jukebox and cooking stove also high priority

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 17, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

yeah that first one has a slocum's joe ad poster I wanted to put on the front wall or behind the vendor but I haven't been able to track down the plans yet

Grahm sells the Advertisement Posters plan, occasionally.
VG Signs drops from Daily OPs, so check the suit cases around train stations. No one tries to sell them.

Jukebox is sold inside the Whitespring resort.
Cooking Stove is sold at any Responder faction train station.

The only one that might give you a bit of a hard time is the one sold by Grahm as his pathing is not predictable and his inventory is random.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I've had several sessions where actions felt sluggish, and I had several pauses where it stopped my input due to slow response

Is that a symptom of the over-load-the-server-to-dupe people, or just something that happens? And is there a way to make sure I'm on a different server than that one? Or to display ping/network health in general?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Devor posted:

Is that a symptom of the over-load-the-server-to-dupe people, or just something that happens?
Unfortunately, there's no real way for you to know since you started playing after the update that brought in all the duper-related connection issues. There's no in-game network statistics, nor can you specify loading into specific servers (other than purchasing their subscription service that lets you have a private server all to yourself).

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol it's not often I'm taken by much in the Atom Store (ok I have a few nice hats) but the Conspiracy Suit I must have at this bargain price :o:

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Conspiracy_suit

Edit: It's a shame its an Underarmor rather than a regular outfit, means giving up my top-end Vault Suit...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Info warrior.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Devor posted:

I've had several sessions where actions felt sluggish, and I had several pauses where it stopped my input due to slow response

Is that a symptom of the over-load-the-server-to-dupe people, or just something that happens? And is there a way to make sure I'm on a different server than that one? Or to display ping/network health in general?

Did you see a "Server not responding, controls temp disabled" message on the right side of the screen?

If yes, it's either a duper or a camp budget glitcher spawned in close by.

If not, it might be your connection.

In both cases a relog might fix it.

The game can also feel sluggish when someone is inside a silo and about to launch a nuke but that should only happen while the player is using the targetting computer, so a couple of seconds tops.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Blockhouse posted:

I have four Advertisement Posters plans in my store for 50Caps apiece but if you look me up you can have one gratis. Same name as here in FO76.

PS: If you want your diner to be a little better protected in the Wasteland there's some shiny red turrets in the Atom shop right now...

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
And done. I had to annoy support because the weekly repeatable goes away once you hit Rank 99 and not, as stated in the patch notes, at 100 and they gave me the 150 atoms I needed to get the final rank. Could have waited for tomorrow to use those dailies but I fail to see why I should not bother support for something that's clearly broken.

Anyways, started at level 943, ended at level 1022.

Final rewards are, imo, not worth it.

Out of those 3, only the Star Wars inspired outfit looks actually cool and that's rank 96 and 98, I think.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"dolphin power armor" was not high on my list of things I wanted from fallout 76 so when I play again I might stop at the power armor display

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mainly want the T-60 armor paint since that's what I'm going to be using until I get off my rear end and do the brotherhood of steel quests for the Hellcat

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Best PA paint is, imo of course, Clandestine with one of the Chaos helmet skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I'm newish to Fallout 76, still exploring things and treating it like a single player game at level 70, but what's the point of different power armors? It seems like some are just better than others. Why not just use the better ones? It's kind of unfortunate if you get a sweet skin for just an objectively useless power armor set.

Like, I got the crafting recipe for a sweet looking mining power armor from a quest, and I see it's got some cool bonus abilities if you have the full set, even though its armor value is barely better than my non-power combat armor. Do other power armor sets have hidden bonuses like that?

Speaking of non-power armor, is there a point to armor that isn't "heavy"? I read lighter armors improve stealth, but the heaviest armor I've got lets me sneak around just fine, without any stealth perks or anything, just a bunch of points in agility.