Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

I wonder what their plan with Yuka is for this little excursion. I think she's only here for a month or so which doesn't feel like a long enough time to me to have a title program with Britt, plus I don't think there's a ton of faces they should have feuding with mega-face-in-waiting Britt right now anyway. I think they should use Yuka to make someone else a heel, as the roster doesn't have hardly any heels right now. Someone like Serena or white suit Shida should brutalize Yuka in a match and then continue it after the match to really hammer home the turn.

Could be they do a tag match at FFTF with her and someone else vs. Britt and Penelope with Yuka getting a pin on Britt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MJeff posted:

Probably a hot take in this thread but Uno and Grayson should be the ones getting the title shot, not Silver and Reynolds.

agreed and not a hot take

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
e: nvm

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Probably a hot take in this thread but Uno and Grayson should be the ones getting the title shot, not Silver and Reynolds.

I’m assuming the end point for the tag belts atm is Stuno vs Bucks in the first AEW tag title ladder match, so I think Silver is just hinting that maybe his first match back (on TV, at least) is going to be that elimination match.

I’d also guess that elimination match might be what anchors the first Rampage show. Spend four weeks building to a giant match like that, and the ramifications of the match lay out the top of the card for the PPV and there’s a straight build over the six shows after that.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think crowds are gonna help prevent Uno and Stu from getting lost in the shuffle the way they were during the Daily's Place era. The pop Uno got at DoN feels like a legit turning point for him. Got the TNT title shot, got the mic time to set up the most important match in the company's history, successfully took the ball and ran with it when he got both those opportunities.

Silver can get hero spots in the 5v5 without jumping the tag team pecking order (although Silver/Reynolds also own and I wouldn't be mad about any scenario that gives them more shine)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MJeff posted:

salivating at bucks/stu & uno tearing the house down for the title considering their history, especially as a follow up to their very good match last year that still left a lot on the table, but now it has the proper face/heel alignment

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The Cameo posted:

I’m assuming the end point for the tag belts atm is Stuno vs Bucks in the first AEW tag title ladder match, so I think Silver is just hinting that maybe his first match back (on TV, at least) is going to be that elimination match.

I’d also guess that elimination match might be what anchors the first Rampage show. Spend four weeks building to a giant match like that, and the ramifications of the match lay out the top of the card for the PPV and there’s a straight build over the six shows after that.

I was thinking Fight for the Fallen, but it could be that or one of the New York shows. Probably not Homecoming.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Pylons posted:

Could be they do a tag match at FFTF with her and someone else vs. Britt and Penelope with Yuka getting a pin on Britt.

Could be yeah. With as many wins and as much attention as she's gotten lately though I kinda fee like Kris is the next challenger after Nyla. I just feel like There's a dearth of heels on the women's side and using Yuka to create a new one is a better use of her than a short title program that no one thinks she'll win.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Clearly just need to introduce the TBS Tag Titles next year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

Or the elimination match could just be the first Rampage show. :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Coaaab posted:

salivating at bucks/stu & uno tearing the house down for the title considering their history, especially as a follow up to their very good match last year that still left a lot on the table, but now it has the proper face/heel alignment

This plus the Elite (or even just Kenny) interfering and injuring one of Uno/Stu would add another wrinkle to Hangman/Kenny.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

mooseinfants posted:

I wonder what their plan with Yuka is for this little excursion. I think she's only here for a month or so which doesn't feel like a long enough time to me to have a title program with Britt, plus I don't think there's a ton of faces they should have feuding with mega-face-in-waiting Britt right now anyway. I think they should use Yuka to make someone else a heel, as the roster doesn't have hardly any heels right now. Someone like Serena or white suit Shida should brutalize Yuka in a match and then continue it after the match to really hammer home the turn.

Britt destroying Yuka in a brutal and overwhelming way would be better. Draw her back as a mega heel after the Nyla fued muddied it up. Not every face of the company needs to be a "face." Undertaker, Yokozuna, and Ted DiBiase are all stuck just as iconic as Bret Hart.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MJeff posted:

For the full hour.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

They probably will, I don’t think they’ve named which pair are getting it?

Do the 5 man as page plus 10/5(to eat the first pin and put the face team in peril)/Reynolds/Silver and they give Uno and Stu the title shot as a gift because they’re bros and don’t want to go into the match banged up when there’s a fresh team right there to bring the titles to the faction.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

I mean would anyone complain

History Comes Inside! posted:

They probably will, I don’t think they’ve named which pair are getting it?

Do the 5 man as page plus 10/5(to eat the first pin and put the face team in peril)/Reynolds/Silver and they give Uno and Stu the title shot as a gift because they’re bros and don’t want to go into the match banged up when there’s a fresh team right there to bring the titles to the faction.

My guess is that it’s gonna be Stuno+Good,Bad,Hungiee vs. Bucks, Bros, and Belt Collector, with 10, 5 and Colt in the Dark corner to counter Nakazawa, Callis, and Cutler being on the outside for the Elite.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

didn't realize Tranquillo Club had found the Cody promo Malakai Black was quoting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cstc1iq8kkk&t=169s

timestamped at 2:49 but the whole thing was goooood.

like reminded me how great Cody can be good.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Cody vs Malakai Black I think is going to be the big match for the Rampage debut

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody is finally going to put someone over on his way out to do the next season of his talent show, right?

Right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yesssssssssssss :getin:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Five is gonna end up in the match because when the Elite start taking out people in Dark Order ahead of time, their list will only include the people they know from their own vlog

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What if... Yuta IS evil and trying to replace Trent, but the twist is that Chuck also goes heel, and he and Yuta form a new tag team... The Worst Enemies.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
-1 is gonna give Cutler a nut shot

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I continue to love how the Bucks' commitment to this feud is great enough that they deliberately put out a shithouse vlog this week to show how bad it is without the Dark Order.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sir Tonk posted:

reading the wwe fan replies to that is so weird, i cant understand anyone that still defends them against aew

Just to clarify: this loving dipshit is talking about AEW here. A WWE fan saying AEW underutilizes quality talent is just a thousand ironicats climbing aboard a clown balloon and sailing off to opposite world.

And why the gently caress is female in quotation marks?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

He’s right

about Dark and BTE

also being a mark is good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if Matt's going to mention anything on BTE about his Keith Haring outfit, or if it was just something he found in some weird shop. It seems like the kind of thing someone would wear for Pride Month rather than a random show in July.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Quality talent underutilized?

Who? Miro? PAC? People who are streets ahead of where they were in WWE?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Who? Miro? PAC? People who are streets ahead of where they were in WWE?

Shawn Spears

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

I wonder if Matt's going to mention anything on BTE about his Keith Haring outfit, or if it was just something he found in some weird shop. It seems like the kind of thing someone would wear for Pride Month rather than a random show in July.

Neither of the Bucks strike me as guys who would recognise that outfit as anything other than “it’s loud and obnoxious, this will be great” to be honest.

Not that that’s a bad thing, not everything needs to be a super secret double coded message with meaning.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vince MechMahon posted:

What if... Yuta IS evil and trying to replace Trent, but the twist is that Chuck also goes heel, and he and Yuta form a new tag team... The Worst Enemies.

Best Friends working heel would be such a fever dream, I'd love to see how they'd do it. I've started to get vibes that they're maybe angling towards something more serious or nuanced than backstage goofballs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Trent's injuries this year have really killed Best Friends's momentum. They were on fire all through 2020 and now I feel like they've dropped a ways down the pecking order just cause they've not been around :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am having real difficult parsing what "the refs oversell quality talent underutilized" means. What the hell is that sentence supposed to mean?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jerusalem posted:

I am having real difficult parsing what "the refs oversell quality talent underutilized" means. What the hell is that sentence supposed to mean?

He’s missing a comma. Refs overselling and quality talent underutilized are two different complaints.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh of course! Kind of silly I couldn't register that, I was utterly bewildered thinking it was like a complaint that AEW wasn't making enough of the ref's ability to oversell or something :sweatdrop:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Lance Archer

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1415709610476986369

Nyla Rose just out there murdering bigots. :drat:

Gotta love the mental process of some American gammon deciding to go after Nyla Rose of all people. Nyla Rose.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

History Comes Inside! posted:

Neither of the Bucks strike me as guys who would recognise that outfit as anything other than “it’s loud and obnoxious, this will be great” to be honest.

Not that that’s a bad thing, not everything needs to be a super secret double coded message with meaning.

Sure, but when it's pretty widely recognizable art from a deceased AIDS awareness icon, it's a bit of an LGBTQ faux pas if he's just wearing it because it's "obnoxious".

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

if Hangman is going to win at All Out, who's going to be his first opponent to defend the title against?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hefty Leftist posted:

if Hangman is going to win at All Out, who's going to be his first opponent to defend the title against?

Kota Ibushi coming to avenge Kenny's loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hefty Leftist posted:

MINORU SUZUKI