Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hefty Leftist posted:

if Hangman is going to win at All Out, who's going to be his first opponent to defend the title against?

Brian Cage, now unburdened by Team Taz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tweak posted:

Five is gonna end up in the match because when the Elite start taking out people in Dark Order ahead of time, their list will only include the people they know from their own vlog
It's just gonna be the Elite vs. Five in the end and Don Callis will gloat "you wanted a 5v5 match"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Hefty Leftist posted:

if Hangman is going to win at All Out, who's going to be his first opponent to defend the title against?

Malakai Black might be a good choice if he ends up taking out Cody

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Also just the other day I was thinking, in jobber matches on Dark the commentators always go "what an upset this would be" when the jobber attempts a pin, it might be cool if they introduced a new guy they wanted to push by pulling off the upset, and it turns out I missed the Dark where they did it with Yuta.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Sure, but when it's pretty widely recognizable art from a deceased AIDS awareness icon, it's a bit of an LGBTQ faux pas if he's just wearing it because it's "obnoxious".

Haring's work has been licensed to lots of places, including Uniqlo, and I doubt everyone buying it understands all of the meaning or significance. It happens.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1415709610476986369

Nyla Rose just out there murdering bigots. :drat:

Gotta love the mental process of some American gammon deciding to go after Nyla Rose of all people. Nyla Rose.

flames

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hefty Leftist posted:

Master Wato

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Finally watched this week's Dynamite Fyter Fest Night 1 after getting absolutely wasted by my 2nd COVID shot.

drat great show.

-The opener was really good. Karl Anderson vs Mox was a really enjoyable match and perfect to start the night.

-Archer promo on challenging Mox on a Texas Death Match :nice:

-Andrade promo wanting the death triangle? Fuckin' sign me in!

-FTW Tittle match: Good match, I expected the outcome considering that Cage was steering away from Team Taz's way to do things.

-Cody wants Tommy Malakay End Black Exe:Late[cl-r]: :lmao: light's out, brawl and well, there's another Cody's feud.

-PnP salute Tully: not bad and clearly babyface move to not hit him and even say that it was a fake crowbar (Gordon Freeman would be pissed off).

-Anxious Millennial Cowboy and Dark Order vs The Elite segment: AEW tittle shot and a tag team tittle shot if they win a 5vs5? I'm completely on board. Make it John Silver's return too!
I lost it with this. Love that every week he gets a different one.

-Chris Jericho and MJF promo? eeeeh nah.

-Matt Hardy vs Christian Cage: Solid 2000's WWE match. And I say that as a compliment. The end of the match was weak tho.

-Miro's promo: SO GOOD. :allears:

-Britt Baker DMD promo? Feud with Nyla that feels boring already. Not a fan at all.

-Mox promo as result of Archer's on IWGP tittle match: The usual Mox promo, short and that was a good point.

-Sammy Guevara vs Wheeler Yuta: A short match that it was both to give Sammy a win and to make fans know Yuta better. Was a good match and I'm in if they're giving Yuta more time. The guy can do technical wrestling and bouncy stuff. Putting him with Best Friends is a good move.

-Penelope Ford vs Yuka Sakazaki: I don't get how Penelope is getting so many wins but at least Yuka won this, because she's so much better worker than Penelope that isn't even fair. Penelope could fit for low-midcard matches on the other channel. Fuckin' sign Kilynn King coward Tony.

-Darby Allin vs All Ego Ethan Page: Their chemistry is amazing. Great match and that drat Ego's Edge drop to the stairs... :stare:

And after all that, just a reminder: do not try to invade an AEW show because the security will tear you a new one. I think Darby is scared from the guy behind him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

Sure, but when it's pretty widely recognizable art from a deceased AIDS awareness icon, it's a bit of an LGBTQ faux pas if he's just wearing it because it's "obnoxious".

I had no idea those clothes were a thing until it was brought up :shrug:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Forgot to add that the crowd was amazing. I love that they're in for everything.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

drat it. I missed 90’s Braves talk, my one true chance to contribute.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sticklefifer posted:

Really? I had no idea. I vaguely remember seeing those figures on a lot of shirts some time long ago in the past, and thought it was just a generic Benetton thing or whatever.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If Jericho goes over MJF then he should be Page’s first title program. There’s a history there and Page’s initial loss to Jericho set off this whole saga.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
God forbid there be anything LGBTQ near something as camp as the current Elite heel run or that queer art be associated with obnoxiousness.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Really? I had no idea. I vaguely remember seeing those figures on a lot of shirts some time long ago in the past, and thought it was just a generic Benetton thing or whatever.

Keith Haring and later on his estate were incredible successful at marketing his artwork. His jiggly men basically saturated the culture for a bit there.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

fez_machine posted:

God forbid there be anything LGBTQ near something as camp as the current Elite heel run or that queer art be associated with obnoxiousness.

Don Callis would look good in a Warhol print.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cody is finally going to put someone over on his way out to do the next season of his talent show, right?

Right?

ive learned my lesson, but yes this is what should happen

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cody is finally going to put someone over on his way out to do the next season of his talent show, right?

Right?

I would bet a large amount of money on Black going over, yes.

Cody puts people over merrily when it's warranted. The idea that he's some sort of reign of terror era HHH level shovel is and always has been absurd.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd imagine Hangman's first feud is Miro, heel Christian or heel Archer.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

drat it. I missed 90’s Braves talk, my one true chance to contribute.

bobby cox

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
tom glavine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it frigging sucks to name stars. like what are you even doing. you're not actually pulling a dusty name out of the ether for ppl to nod about. you're just being off-topic. at least say mark wohlers

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd imagine Hangman's first feud is Miro, heel Christian or heel Archer.

how do they get Miro out from the TNT title and into a heavyweight title feud?

also put me down as thinking Archer might do work for NJPW, even if it's just for a 'Los Angeles loop' picking up the US title, defending on NJPW Strong a bunch, and coming back to AEW Dynamite to drop it to somebody coming in from Japan/Mox in a return (?). I don't think Archer left on the worst terms, and the relationship between AEW and NJPW is such that it's feasible.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Cavauro posted:

it frigging sucks to name stars. like what are you even doing. you're not actually pulling a dusty name out of the ether for ppl to nod about. you're just being off-topic. at least say mark wohlers

There is no justice not even Dave Justice.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Natural 20 posted:

I would bet a large amount of money on Black going over, yes.

Cody puts people over merrily when it's warranted. The idea that he's some sort of reign of terror era HHH level shovel is and always has been absurd.

I think this is broadly true inasmuch as Cody isn't pushing to always be on top, but it does remain the case that out of 40 singles matches in AEW, Cody had only lost four. Much like the Bucks, I think that Cody would probably lose more matches if it were up to him, but Tony Khan wants him protected.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, if you want beating someone to be special, they do have to win most of the time.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I dunno if it's the fact Cody wins so much or the fact that losing to Cody tends to send his opponent into a black hole. Where is Ogogo anyway?

...looking it up the answer is "Went back to England" so my point stands

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DeathChicken posted:

I dunno if it's the fact Cody wins so much or the fact that losing to Cody tends to send his opponent into a black hole. Where is Ogogo anyway?

...looking it up the answer is "Went back to England" so my point stands

He had to get surgery. He'll be back after beating up bigot santa

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

QT talks about Cody's golden shovel but is more like at this point who even cares about QT.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Hefty Leftist posted:

Andrade and Malakai Black will be well positioned to challenge after All Out if they go over a Death Triangle guy/Cody in their first feuds
Ricky Starks revenge match post-neck injury
Ethan Page would be a good filler first feud but he’d have to get a meaningful singles win at some point

I like the idea of a heel Christian but at this point I would save that for when Jungle Boy wins the TNT title or something

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

at this point who even cares about QT.

Sopranos fans

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I feel like they should have guys like Christian talk to Matt Hardy about the idea of reinvention when they're signed on. Christian's in ring stuff has all been good to great, but he's so bland right now. I don't think he should go back to 5 second pose, jackass idiot Christian or anything, but there's gotta be an older version of that character he can do that incorporates his history but gives him some kind of new personality hook.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am genuinely astonished they put QT back on TV the week after the blissful end of an interminable feud where he never looked good. I was very receptive to heel QT as a character / the Factory as a faction, but the execution was a dud post-turn, and at this point I can’t imagine what you could possibly do with him that would engage an audience

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

I feel like they should have guys like Christian talk to Matt Hardy about the idea of reinvention when they're signed on. Christian's in ring stuff has all been good to great, but he's so bland right now. I don't think he should go back to 5 second pose, jackass idiot Christian or anything, but there's gotta be an older version of that character he can do that incorporates his history but gives him some kind of new personality hook.

Brood Christian coming right up

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Brood Christian coming right up

If they bring back Gangrel I'll take it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

I am genuinely astonished they put QT back on TV the week after the blissful end of an interminable feud where he never looked good. I was very receptive to heel QT as a character / the Factory as a faction, but the execution was a dud post-turn, and at this point I can’t imagine what you could possibly do with him that would engage an audience

I don't know if Comoroto can go by himself (mic/promo skills) and is a shame that he is basically in a jobber stable right now. Solow is nothing great and QT got boring. I don't see the deal about Ogogo after some matches where his wrestling was green and the selling point is "single punch".

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cody is Phil Leotardo, and his day will come.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should stop trying to do nightmare family break away groups. It's not worked either time.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

metaphoric dinosaur next to the real one in Jurassic Express

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Just be thankful that Cody lives in his own pocket dimension within the show and only interacts with one wrestler at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

They should stop trying to do nightmare family break away groups. It's not worked either time.

Cody's blowoff match with QT got super over and did exactly what they wanted to do.