Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rarity posted:

FCW isn't WWE

Doesn't matter to them; Omega was in Deep South, so they count him as an "ex-WWE" guy. And better yet, an "ex-WWE" guy who couldn't make it in WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Matt Jackson had a squash match on Smackdown, frikkin wwe guy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I had to really wrack my brains to figure out who the 2 non-Christian and Matt Hardy WWE guys were.

Karl Anderson only worked there long after I stopped paying attention so I completely blanked on it, and Jon Moxley feels like a completely different guy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Karl Anderson may have worked for WWE

But Sour Boy never did.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The saddest thing is they'll argue that AEW is made up of:

1) Ex-WWE people
2) People would couldn't make it in WWE

So AEW is bad because its entire roster are people who were and were not in WWE

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Davros1 posted:

The saddest thing is they'll argue that AEW is made up of:

1) Ex-WWE people
2) People would couldn't make it in WWE

So AEW is bad because its entire roster are people who were and were not in WWE

I posted a similar thing on SquaredCircle a while ago and it got several hundred upvotes haha I guess even those dorks are tired of this poo poo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kota Ibushi guested in a Cruiserweight tournament once and therefore WWE made him everything he is today.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Kota not knowing who Vince McMahon is and high-fiving him did the trick.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Kota Ibushi guested in a Cruiserweight tournament once and therefore WWE made him everything he is today.

And the reason he didn't sign with them is because he knew he couldn't cut it WWE.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1119752914199703552

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

Noted WWE has-beens Darby Allin and Ethan Page

Actually, since WWF now retroactively has always owned Evolve and Gabe Sapolsky's immortal soul, Darby Allin vs. Ethan Page was actually a WWF main event first.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The whole ex-WWE thing is dumb af if you look anywhere beyond the absolute surface. Even ignoring that they're doing a great job of pushing young talent, WWE was the single dominant company in the country (arguably the continent - I will admit I don't know how AAA or CMLL compare) for the better part of two decades. Of course anyone who isn't fresh out wrestling school has worked there. It's like complaining that someone did a Disney movie one time but even more ridiculous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Karl Anderson only worked there long after I stopped paying attention so I completely blanked on it

I mean this in all sincerity. I read your post and thought,"Oh, Karl worked for WWE?" and was wracking my brain trying to think if he did it early in his career for a cup of coffee before going to Japan... and only then remembered that he literally worked there for the greater part of the last half-decade and I basically completely forgot all about it. He was at last year's Wrestlemania for gently caress's sake! :psyduck:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

I love how every report but this one said that the wrestlers appreciated the training because they recognized that there is a huge difference between Thunderdome and being on the road except this one. Lol.

Also, does the guy he interviewed even work there. They specifically say “post retirement bookings.” Either way, chances are, if Bayley’s knew was gonna go, it would have happened tonight. Or last week. Or maybe training in her garage. Sami Zayn once injured himself dancing. Randy Orton did it taking out his trash.

Bayley's ACL was hanging on by a thread apparently.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I mean this in all sincerity. I read your post and thought,"Oh, Karl worked for WWE?" and was wracking my brain trying to think if he did it early in his career for a cup of coffee before going to Japan... and only then remembered that he literally worked there for the greater part of the last half-decade and I basically completely forgot all about it. He was at last year's Wrestlemania for gently caress's sake! :psyduck:

lmao same. what a black hole of a company

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Wait... you're telling me that WWE got one of the hottest tag teams on the indies or in Japan, signed them up, and then proceeded to absolutely spaff their potential up a wall?

Sorry, but I just don't buy it. That's just so out of character.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The only thing I remember about Good Bros in WWE is them acting like doctors while feuding with new day, which sounds like a funny talk n shop bit, but was WWE so it was painfully unfunny.

Oh and they kept teasing bullet Club stuff but never pulled the trigger on it in the way I wanted.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
so a talk n shop bit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

so a talk n shop bit.

I decided not to choose violence today, so I will forgive this once. Once :colbert:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the old day promo was really loving bad

i think they did the doctor promo with dana brooke

i really don't remember what they did in between that and THE OG OC or whatever, I'm pretty sure they won the tag titles a couple of times lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Boneyard

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike Jones is going to become an AEW fan because he's so pissed MSG requires vaccinations.

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1416048275510136834

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1416049298006069252

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i am shocked to learn mr jones is AV

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/do_you_compute/status/1415929606604038144

Another premier league fan.

https://twitter.com/BerWinning_/status/1416036494410719232

And now they're trying to claim things that literally never happened to prove that AEW only gets over using WWE-has beens like Britt Baker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You can safely argue that AEW is full of WWE castoffs. You can go full WWEbrain and say the people AEW hires are bad because WWE doesn't want them. But it all falls apart when WWE malmanagement sends directives to WWE contracted talent to text AEW talent and brag about what a great time they're having.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Everyone who has ever had a single match in WWE is only in AEW as a spy prove me wrong AEWailures

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Reddit noticed the SRS tweet too and they are very much in the I Need To Prove This Wrong way

quote:

noloking
·
38m

They can't prove this conclusively unless they see a trend. Size and gender does matter because this is a macho sport.

MOST people are going to be more interested in seeing extraordinarily strong men at their athletic peak go at it than they are at 90 pound women going through spots awkwardly.

MACHO MEN DOING STRONG THINGS ARE THE DRAW RAAAAAAARGH

quote:

FrankieDs
·
1h

Exactly. Which is why AEW should avoid making Cody Rhodes the face of their company at all costs. The man is not a draw.

Exactly, so their proven draw should stop being used.

quote:

SleestakLightning
Prolific Commenter+2 ·
2h
· edited 1h

Everyone assumes Darby Allin is a ratings draw but his match didn't even get one of the best quarter hour ratings this week.

EDIT: It's hilarious that AEW fanboys downvote a perfectly cromulent comment that is absolutely factual because they see it as a negative. In reality, I was just pointing out that the main event wasn't the most-watched part of the show so giving Darby credit seems a bit illogical.

Darby isnt a draw because of The Data.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Some people are trying to spread the idea that Smackdown in Atlanta got canceled because of covid.

https://twitter.com/Stone_ColdET/status/1416038133007781891

Only problem: This is the only website I can find as a source.. which buried that information in a caption for a picture. I can't find anywhere else reporting that Atlanta is going back to phase 1, and other events are still scheduled for the State Farm Arena.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/latest-covid-19-information-metro-atlanta/OUKSP2BNNRGOZLTYBTLK6BLHSY/

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Downvoting a perfectly cromulent comment smdh

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I found a great take in that twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/radioshap27/status/1416055738057646081?s=19

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE is the safe company and is trying to keep the Universe healthy. Thank you WWE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1416081928801996801

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

i dunno how NY is doing their vax rollout but in Indiana you just call a phone number and they get you hooked up. I got my kids vaxxed up stupid easy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

i dunno how NY is doing their vax rollout but in Indiana you just call a phone number and they get you hooked up. I got my kids vaxxed up stupid easy.

In Minnesota you can walk into pretty much any Walmart or Target or Walgreens with a pharmacy and just get it right now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The bigger issue by far now tends to be these antivaxx dumbasses it feels like.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

coconono posted:

You can literally go anywhere for it. Hell, the city is even rolling out at-home vaccination services. NYC made it real easy after March to get everyone access to the vaccine.

But then, you have this guy:

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1416087183384059907?s=20

We could have been over this thing, but they playing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wait till that dude finds out about the potential side effects of the measles vax.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BUT DID THE MEASLES HAVE THE GUBMINT CHIP IN IT :tinfoil:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think this take is dumb necessarily. If this actually happened I think it makes perfect sense that an MSG would blame lagging sales in vax/test requirements instead of, you know, high ticket prices or the lack of interest in WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

E: double post