Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Imagine if Overhaul also levels up and finds out that he can use his powers so long as there's any hands in front of his wrists.

So he draws some hands on the floor with some water and wouldn't you know it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Imagine if Overhaul also levels up and finds out that he can use his powers so long as there's any hands in front of his wrists.

So he draws some hands on the floor with some water and wouldn't you know it...

Hulkhands Overhaul would be a terrifying villain.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The next arc is going to be a low stakes school arc, except Deku is going to be tied up in the background of every shot, being forced to have fun with his friends instead of going on a one man crusade against evil.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
At this point, I half expect Deku's friends to just Talk no Jutsu him until he cries and goes back to UA with them. :v:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

M_Gargantua posted:

I think the downside of that is to use it well Overhaul's quirk required a huge amount of practice and somewhat in depth knowledge of the human body. Maybe i'm just imagining it but didn't Overhaul acquire that talent with it by not worrying about the results on the earlier victims? Accidently killing a few dozen yakuza underlings for practice isn't something Monoma can do.
True, although this almost seems to suggest a heroic arc with Monoma - he warms up on Deku's arms (Deku is a moron and would probably be glad to let Monoma try several times until he got it right) and moves up to like irrecoverable coma patients with consent of next of kin. He could also ask Overhaul for advice, although the dude is a punk.

A nicer way of doing this is that I believe with that villain doctor's Quirk technology, you could remove someone's natural Quirk and give them a synthetic duplicate of Overhaul's quirk. This also has the advantage that you don't have to carry Overhaul around with you like the Child in the Mandalorian.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Overhaul will take a page from Deku and realize he can use his quirk with his feet.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Overhaul meditates until he discovers that time is an illusion and uses the hands that he will have after he heals himself in order to heal himself in the present.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dolash posted:

Overhaul meditates until he discovers that time is an illusion and uses the hands that he will have after he heals himself in order to heal himself in the present.

Unfortunately, then he discovers lunchtime is doubly an illusion, and promptly starves to death.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://w27.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-320/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is cool, but it's partially falling flat for me. Probably because we didn't actually see most of these flashbacks when they supposedly occurred. And to bring up Vigilantes (I know, I know), seeing how that series has utilized the sense of community that was developed from the very start, this can't help but seem a bit weaker.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I like "all of them are using their powers in concert to try to stop him from running away" a lot more than "let's have a fight" as a story beat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aoyama, Mina, Tsuyu, Ida, Uraraka, Kirishima, Hagakure, Mineta, and maaaybe Shinso are left. And I assume Bakugo will do something more.

Lol if Sugarman's only contribution is catching Ojiro and Jiro.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

Aoyama, Mina, Tsuyu, Ida, Uraraka, Kirishima, Hagakure, and Mineta are left. And I assume Bakugo will do something more.

Lol if Sugarman's only contribution is catching Ojiro and Jiro.

Hey now, he knew how to hit Deku where it really hurts.

"If you don't come back, I won't help you make candy apples for Eri anymore!"

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rhonne posted:

yeah, really, that's Italian grandmother level guilt, and Deku is already weak to guilt.

"The poor girl who looks up to you and loves you will go HUNGRY because of you

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I think it'd be funny if someone kicked him in the balls. That's where I see the story going.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aurubin posted:

I think it'd be funny if someone kicked him in the balls. That's where I see the story going.

So you're saying it's time for Kota to come back.

I appreciate that everyone is giving these heartfelt speeches, and then Kaminari walks in going "bro, you smell, come back and take a bath."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aurubin posted:

That's how the traitor is gonna reveal themselves.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

That’s when it’s revealed the 2nd user’s quirk is balls of steel

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

well drat, didn't expect to start the day off crying

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Aurubin posted:

Traitor attacks next chapter or I riot

*banging on table* Trai-tor! Trai-tor!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I find it funny how Momo has no good memories to try and appeal to Midoriya with. :allears:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Remember, friends build elaborate bondage tables designed to drug their friends with knockout gas when they’re not doing what they want

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I find it funny how Momo has no good memories to try and appeal to Midoriya with. :allears:

Which is weird, because I thought Deku was part of her study-in-the-mansion group.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Which is weird, because I thought Deku was part of her study-in-the-mansion group.

I don't think so. She did come along on the Bakugou rescue mission, but when it came time to actually come up with a plan to get Bakugou out safely, Momo was the only one who didn't have a part in Deku's plan.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mimesweeper posted:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Remember, friends build elaborate bondage tables designed to drug their friends with knockout gas when they’re not doing what they want

pretty standard in my experience

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAoSY5bhSw

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bakugo and Uraraka haven't really done much yet. Deku is gonna get destroyed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm hoping for Uraraka to slap Deku again, like at the beginning of the manga when she saved him from impacting with the ground.

And then everyone will make up and we'll get a pan out shot that shows Deku floating slightly off of the ground.

:hmmyes:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mimesweeper posted:

The waterworks today will be nothing compared to when Iida and Ochaco get their chance to talk to him. Bakugo is definitely gonna be the one to bring him home though

Additionally, notice how Deku isn’t reacting as sharply to what Class A is doing. Part of it is that he’s tired, but since they aren’t coming at him maliciously, Danger Sense isn’t going off either

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheKingofSprings posted:

And people wonder why they aren't close.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rhonne posted:

Deku trying to shrug it off by saying "Eh she doesn't need me, someone else can give her candy apples" really sold the whole Deku-repressing-his-feelings to me. Amidst all the superhero powers, claiming that people who care about you can just move on without you is very real.

Knocking the mask off to reveal he's crying underneath is also a nice touch.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this all might have had more impact if deku had spent the last two years interacting with the rest of the cast in a context other than imminent mortal peril

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

this all might have had more impact if deku had spent the last two years interacting with the rest of the cast in a context other than imminent mortal peril

There's been plenty of purely SOL sections. All the interactions the characters mentioned did happen on panel I'm pretty sure.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Pretty cool imo.

Gives very powerful "we're wrapping this up" feelings though. We're probably in Speedrun mode. I'd be surprised if we had more than 2 volumes left

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Iida and Ochaco get their chance to talk to him. Bakugo is definitely gonna be the one to bring him home though

He better loving not be, Ochako or bust

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
A lot of these connections are just so tenuous that it makes this whole fight seem really silly.

Again, as with all things in this manga, half of class 1-A should be there right now

E: That translation also butchered something when Deku escaped Ragnarok, Danger Sense should be going hog wild right now but it's not because there's no danger or malice, not that the other kids sense it.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 16, 2021

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this chapter didn't really hit for me, I just don't mind these characters

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TheKingofSprings posted:

A lot of these connections are just so tenuous that it makes this whole fight seem really silly.

Again, as with all things in this manga, half of class 1-A should be there right now

E: That translation also butchered something when Deku escaped Ragnarok, Danger Sense should be going hog wild right now but it's not because there's no danger or malice, not that the other kids sense it.
I think about half of class 1-A was in that chapter if you look closely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nessus posted:

I think about half of class 1-A was in that chapter if you look closely

With the exception of Todoroki Bird and maybe Frog it was the wrong-rear end half

E: For real though, is Momo's arc now just drugging her enemies? Because that 100% tracks with what her mentor (Midnight) did but it's just a bizarre way to go

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 16, 2021