Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just be thankful that Cody lives in his own pocket dimension within the show and only interacts with one wrestler at a time.

"Black, you should never attack a 60-something year old man!, that is very bad and evil!"

literally the next segment is PnP beating up Tully, and 60-something year old man, and that is met with cheers.

Wrestling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

"Black, you should never attack a 60-something year old man!, that is very bad and evil!"

literally the next segment is PnP beating up Tully, and 60-something year old man, and that is met with cheers.

Wrestling!

...they didn't hit him at all and literally made a point of saying they wouldn't do that because they respect their elders

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

Wrestling!

To be fair Pround and Powerful only bullied a 60+ arsehole and left him standing after his sons beat up their grandpa.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

literally the next segment is PnP beating up Tully,

Did you watch the show

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

...they didn't hit him at all and literally made a point of saying they wouldn't do that because they respect their elders

I wasn't being serious, really, i love PnP. And also to be fair I was coming back form taking a piss and assumed they had beat him up, so that's on me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did you watch the show

No i turned it off after I felt a sufficient amount of Boom.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Easy enough to just point at Sting, but Arn and Tully are clearly Not Wrestlers.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Cody's blowoff match with QT got super over and did exactly what they wanted to do.

True, but I do think the Cody - Ogogo match being just ok kinda made the whole storyline feel a lot weaker as a whole. Maybe they will find something interesting for QT to do next though.

I’m not really worried about Ogogo since this is AEW.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Put some respect on Tully’s 1-0 record in 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TIL my daughter shares a birthday with AEW's only bankable star

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1416031606368768000

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I just don’t like how QT and his whole team just kept losing. Both Ogogo and Comorato look good enough that they didn’t need to be on the losing end of a feud to get them over, so it’s just kind of like what was the point of all that.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

xbilkis posted:

I am genuinely astonished they put QT back on TV the week after the blissful end of an interminable feud where he never looked good. I was very receptive to heel QT as a character / the Factory as a faction, but the execution was a dud post-turn, and at this point I can’t imagine what you could possibly do with him that would engage an audience

Bluntly: have him feud with someone who isn't Cody. That would increase my interest considerably.

As a secondary thing, have him manage Solow and Comoroto more than he wrestles.

You could probably do a month or so on a feud with, say, Jurassic Express and give everyone something to do. You could get a few fun lower card matches out of that:

Dynamite: Solow and Comoroto vs Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus as a tag
Dark Elevation Solow vs Jungle Boy in a technical / flippy match
Dynamite: DLuchasaurus vs Comoroto in a beefy guy match
Dark Elevation: Marko Stunt vs QT in a comedy match.

That's two weeks of content right there that probably wouldn't bore anyone if done right.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Jordan7hm posted:

I just don’t like how QT and his whole team just kept losing. Both Ogogo and Comorato look good enough that they didn’t need to be on the losing end of a feud to get them over, so it’s just kind of like what was the point of all that.

The Cody-QT feud was just to give people enough to refill their drinks and snacks and not miss anything good.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol are there so many 90s braves fans in our generation because of TBS? if so, what a brilliant strategy

my bud and i never missed a game of the 93-96 seasons, just crushing giant bags of sunflower seeds and playing quick games of puzzle fighter during the commercials

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

it frigging sucks to name stars. like what are you even doing. you're not actually pulling a dusty name out of the ether for ppl to nod about. you're just being off-topic. at least say mark wohlers

andruw jones

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

it frigging sucks to name stars. like what are you even doing. you're not actually pulling a dusty name out of the ether for ppl to nod about. you're just being off-topic. at least say mark wohlers

huge Keith Lockhart mark here

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If we need to name more stars, new Dugnutts just dropped.

https://twitter.com/SB_Duggan/status/1415797092803510272

TED BALLOON

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

smarxist posted:

lol are there so many 90s braves fans in our generation because of TBS? if so, what a brilliant strategy

my bud and i never missed a game of the 93-96 seasons, just crushing giant bags of sunflower seeds and playing quick games of puzzle fighter during the commercials

I loved White Sox due to WGN, so I imagine so yea, also Frank Thomas owned

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

It's also why there are so many older Cubs fans nationwide, when WGN was nationwide and Cubs games were on.

anyway, good luck growing the game now with RSNs!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Orel Nulholland

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Changing my legal name to Orestes Narkin.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

my mom and grandma are huge braves fans and baseball is my least favorite to watch of the Big 3 American Sports but ill still watch games and keep up with the braves because ted turner is a genius

taking my mom to two braves games at turner field before it closed rocked rear end and i have a john smoltz bobblehead now and I got to see him ride around the field with chipper in a corvette

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Seeing as how the Cody portion of AEW is basically "1995-1996 WCW" it makes sense that he would have his own Dungeon of Doom that he can just beat over and over again in a way that only benefits himself and nobody else, except this version isn't zany so they don't even have that going for them.

For real though, I think part of the problem is the whole "you can get over even while losing" thing only works when the guy whose losing is good enough at either the wrestling or the character acting to get the fans on their side which is really really hard to pull off when it's a guy having his like, second or third match ever

Plus just in general I feel it works better with babyfaces. Jungle Boy can spend 2 years losing every important match he has, but people still go wild for him cause he's the underdog and people want him to succeed. With Ogogo it felt more like people were rooting for Cody to lose than for him to win.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Tickets to that New York Dynamite went on sale like 10 minutes ago and it looks like it's basically sold out already

https://twitter.com/CrystalFissure/status/1416038788069879809/photo/1

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody is a big star and very popular and people like watching him and cheering for him. My source for this claim is the popular wrestling program “AEW Dynamite”

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

This week's Unrestricted is with Lance Archer and they talk about his tribute costume on the Brodie Lee celebration episode and it turns out that I can't even listen to discussions of that episode without crying, so that was unexpected.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's a few more sections in the 300s they can open up and maybe some more obstructed views in the middle decks but this one is gonna be sold out today.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like Cody a lot

between vlog crew Cody and the way he booked the Shaq match, I'm pretty much always on board to give whatever he's doing a long look.

the factory feud kinda fizzled but maybe QT is just a dork and was supposed to be balled up and dunked into low card heel territory

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think QT will be fine once he's in a new program. Shawn Spears is finally interesting so no one is ruined forever

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Grand Slam is gonna be such a spectacle. Seriously cool looking venue.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Cody more than anyone I think benefits from huge crowds being back. he has that special connection with the crowds that always felt muted at Daily's Place. now that Dynamite is back on the road I think opinions will swing back on Cody to where they were pre-pandemic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm really excited for Cody/Malaki Black

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

fez_machine posted:

God forbid there be anything LGBTQ near something as camp as the current Elite heel run or that queer art be associated with obnoxiousness.

don callis’s Elton John sunglasses have entered the chat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wrestling is gay as hell and its great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm really excited for Cody/Malaki Black

Same. When Cody is face he needs to be doing big stuff. Black feels like a big, mythic feud.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Per WON, Fenix is apparently cleared to return.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crapple! posted:

Tickets to that New York Dynamite went on sale like 10 minutes ago and it looks like it's basically sold out already

https://twitter.com/CrystalFissure/status/1416038788069879809/photo/1

what's this guy talking about lol, tickets have been available for like 3 days though? My friend literally bought us tix that were pretty ok yesterday.

I'm pretty stoked they are actually coming to loving Queens, never thought this would happen in a million years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

what's this guy talking about lol, tickets have been available for like 3 days though? My friend literally bought us tix that were pretty ok yesterday.

I'm pretty stoked they are actually coming to loving Queens, never thought this would happen in a million years.

The presale was Wednesday, tickets were on sale until that night. They went onsale to the public this morning.

Edit: More slightly obstructed middle decks went on sale at $25 and are going fast.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Rarity posted:

I think QT will be fine once he's in a new program. Shawn Spears is finally interesting so no one is ruined forever

The huge mistake they made with Spears was leaning away from the Chairman gimmick instead of fleshing it out. The instant he went back to it and basically built himself as someone who was just seething with rage because of barely veiled insecurity he became great (again, I maintain that the Cody match was really good). The Cody loss gave him all the makings of that to begin with but they didn't figure it out fast enough.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

The presale was Wednesday, tickets were on sale until that night. They went onsale to the public this morning.

ah, right. I've never understood how people are unaware of presales so often---I was surprised to see them on sale early but other people didn't even know it.

I'm going to assume Eddie Kingston wins all the belts in NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

remember when they gave Spears the glove as if it was some massive character change