Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Oh God it looks like Kaido just reached HR 49.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Is that a qilin fruit? Only Mythical Zoan I can think of that matches that physical appearance.

Yeah that is what I was thinking too, typically also the other major mythical creature in Chinese mythology besides the dragon.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Starsfan posted:

That would be cool.. so far we haven't got alot of backstory out of any of the Beast Pirates members though. It's starting to kind of weird me out.. I guess the most we got was that Who's who was in CP-9 once upon a time? We've had maybe 30 odd chapters since the fighting started and so far we've learned practically nothing about the people the Straw Hats are fighting.

Idk, we don’t really learn a lot about them, the Doflamingo Pirates were kind of an exception since they’re tied to Law’s backstory (and, I suspect, it was just a story Oda wanted to tell) but most of the time they’re just bad men for the crew to punch/cut/shoot/zap.

Can Of Worms posted:

*slams open door* RIGHT HERE

i think Yamoto is the only Zoan so far with a conventional “halfway” form besides Original Chopper, everyone else looks like they’re wearing an animal skin over their face like the Batman cowl. Oh, and Black Maria but she just ignores all the rules cause Oda wanted a demon spider yokai lady.

I’d feel slightly underwhelmed since the chapter felt like 2/3 setup for Cool poo poo To Happen Later again but I got to see a triceratops man duel a megazord so One Piece Owns. Can’t wait for Sanji to kick the machinery out of Queen for BF-38’s debut.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

alkanphel posted:

Yeah that is what I was thinking too, typically also the other major mythical creature in Chinese mythology besides the dragon.

For added fun, the qilin is generally considered to be the mythologised version of... the giraffe.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

For added fun, the qilin is generally considered to be the mythologised version of... the giraffe.
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE DESTRUCTIVE POWER OF A
GIRAFFE
TRICERATOPS WITH HELICOPTER BLADES
QILIN

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Qilin usually have hooves though don’t they? I’m guessing Inu Inu model Inari/Okami(though this would be a bit weird since we already have a mythical Inu Inu) or Neko Neko model White Tiger. Neither of these have horns but Yamato already had horns in his normal form so whatever.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 16, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

Qilin usually have hooves though don’t they? I’m guessing Inu Inu model Inari/Okami(though this would be a bit weird since we already have a mythical Inu Inu) or Neko Neko model White Tiger. Neither of these have horns but Yamato already had horns in his normal form so whatever.

The Wikipedia page shows several qilin with paws. I'd also note that the transformation makes Yamato's horns more antler-like rather than just leaving them alone.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I hope we just never get an explanation for why Sasaki can do that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

my parents boyfriend posted:

I hope we just never get an explanation for why Sasaki can do that.

We did. He's a triceratops, and that's the triceratops equivalent of Kaku's Spaghetti Machine.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yamato looks kinda like a bipedal kyuubimon in his current form. might be the giant obi and flames loving with me. the face certainly seems vulpine too though. maybe its a mythical fox fruit

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Paper Lion posted:

yamato looks kinda like a bipedal kyuubimon in his current form. might be the giant obi and flames loving with me. the face certainly seems vulpine too though. maybe its a mythical fox fruit

The problem is there's already a Kitsune fruit and a mythical fox fruit would be way too similar.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 16, 2021

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

found waldo

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

We did. He's a triceratops, and that's the triceratops equivalent of Kaku's Spaghetti Machine.

to be honest they still doesn’t really feel like an explanation since Kaku had Paper Art but then again nothing he did is as wild as any of post-skip Chopper’s standard transformations so gently caress it.

…Anyone else have Rules of Nature playing in their head when they read the Flying Six/Big Three fights?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Last Celebration posted:

…Anyone else have Rules of Nature playing in their head when they read the Flying Six/Big Three fights?

Absolutely, I'm looking forward to Zoro ripping out Kings cyborg spine. Red Sun fits Kaido pretty well too

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I never knew how cool a helicopter triceratops vs a giant mecha could be until now. What a fun fight that was

but did you find Eneru and San Juan Wolf????

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Even better. There's two, one's the real guy and the other is Bon Clay.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Asuron posted:

I never knew how cool a helicopter triceratops vs a giant mecha could be until now. What a fun fight that was

but did you find Eneru and San Juan Wolf????

enel was the first non-wano character i found which made me think it was a passive confirmation enel is on wano and healed the scabbards

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
who did the poster? oda or the wheres wally guy?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Franky owns
Helicopter Triceratops owns
One Piece owns

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Yamato being a Qirin would be cool as hell. I also accept some like mythical fox thing, but overall Yamato just keeps getting cooler and it owns.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want that Waldo poster it's awesome

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yamato even gets sulong form? why must the carrot army suffer so?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
meat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
I loving FOUND WALDO IN LESS THAN A MINUTE HELL THE gently caress YEAH.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I believe you mean MEAAAT!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
FRANKY

GOOD

:thumbsup:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

FRANKY

GOOD

:thumbsup:

Franky Cool and Good. :cool:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
That chapter is why i love one piece

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
How do I look for Waldo? :ohdear:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

XkyRauh posted:

How do I look for Waldo? :ohdear:

Observation haki

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
:swoon: Franky will always be the coolest. the thumbs up after blowing up Vegapunk's old lab and finding Caribou; sealed the deal a long time ago

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Wally spoilers: love the Bon Clay misdirect

Chapter spoilers: Franky owns, hope the other fights but in particular Robin and Brook's get followed up on in the upcoming weeks

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Last Celebration posted:

Idk, we don’t really learn a lot about them, the Doflamingo Pirates were kind of an exception since they’re tied to Law’s backstory (and, I suspect, it was just a story Oda wanted to tell) but most of the time they’re just bad men for the crew to punch/cut/shoot/zap.

Yeah I get that.. I think even with Whole Cake Island you had a situation where Sanji was there early and inside the walls with the Big Mom pirates and there was alot more lead up. At the same time there weren't as many questions or mystery about the Big Mom Pirates - because they are all one family you kind of understand implicitly why they are all in a pirate crew with each other and how they might interact with eachother as family members.

With the Beast Pirates basically the only dude who has spent a lot of time with any of the straw hats or the straw hat adjacent characters is Queen. I think Page One and Ulti were also well served by being together as a pair and we got a lot of great characterization between them and dealing with Usopp and Nami before Big Mom crunched the both of them.

That being said I have no idea what is going to happen with this raid because it's not following the typical one piece format and that's kind of cool. Usually the Straw Hats are just barely scraping along by the skin of their teeth and they are either too beat up to continue the fight or conveniently removed from the main conflict geographically such that everthing falls to Luffy to take care of in the end. Right now it seems like all of our Straw Hats are still active and involved even after defeating their opponents... it was looking pretty dire for Nami and Usopp at one point but they seem to have recovered, and Franky + Jinbe have come through their fights with what seems like relative ease. Zoro is laid out at the moment but it looks like he will be up and at it again in no time.

Meanwhile it's not looking so good for the Beast Pirates with all the tobi roppo down except for Black Maria.. speaking of which I believe we were promised a fight between O-Robi and a mutant spider woman? really looking forward to that one :)

Sanji doesn't even seem that hard pressed with Queen at the moment. Could this be the easiest Straw Hat victory yet?!?!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They missed an opportunity to have Luffy be wearing his Punk Hazard outfit on the Where’s Waldo page

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Starsfan posted:

Yeah I get that.. I think even with Whole Cake Island you had a situation where Sanji was there early and inside the walls with the Big Mom pirates and there was alot more lead up. At the same time there weren't as many questions or mystery about the Big Mom Pirates - because they are all one family you kind of understand implicitly why they are all in a pirate crew with each other and how they might interact with eachother as family members.

With the Beast Pirates basically the only dude who has spent a lot of time with any of the straw hats or the straw hat adjacent characters is Queen. I think Page One and Ulti were also well served by being together as a pair and we got a lot of great characterization between them and dealing with Usopp and Nami before Big Mom crunched the both of them.

That being said I have no idea what is going to happen with this raid because it's not following the typical one piece format and that's kind of cool. Usually the Straw Hats are just barely scraping along by the skin of their teeth and they are either too beat up to continue the fight or conveniently removed from the main conflict geographically such that everthing falls to Luffy to take care of in the end. Right now it seems like all of our Straw Hats are still active and involved even after defeating their opponents... it was looking pretty dire for Nami and Usopp at one point but they seem to have recovered, and Franky + Jinbe have come through their fights with what seems like relative ease. Zoro is laid out at the moment but it looks like he will be up and at it again in no time.

Meanwhile it's not looking so good for the Beast Pirates with all the tobi roppo down except for Black Maria.. speaking of which I believe we were promised a fight between O-Robi and a mutant spider woman? really looking forward to that one :)

Sanji doesn't even seem that hard pressed with Queen at the moment. Could this be the easiest Straw Hat victory yet?!?!

Define "easy." There's still two Emperors around, and while Kaidou has already taken a fair amount of damage, Big Mom hasn't. As well as the Straw Hats and their allies have been doing in their individual fights, they're still at a disadvantage. But if Big Mom wasn't around the Beast Pirates would be screwed, yeah.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Silver2195 posted:

Define "easy." There's still two Emperors around, and while Kaidou has already taken a fair amount of damage, Big Mom hasn't. As well as the Straw Hats and their allies have been doing in their individual fights, they're still at a disadvantage. But if Big Mom wasn't around the Beast Pirates would be screwed, yeah.

I still fully expect this battle to take a serious turn for the worse where we get an "all hope is lost" moment. Things are going way too well at the moment, and even Luffy being "defeated" and thrown off the side of the island by Kaido happened off page so it didn't feel like a real defeat. It seems like Oda is building us up to pull the rug out from under our feet.

Like I don't know if the reason he's dispatching these underlings in sequence in such a clean cut fashion is to kind of make the point that the Straw Hats have grown as a crew where they are not going to be seriously threatened by this caliber of opponent.. maybe later we will have the contrast when the final reckoning comes with Kaido and Big Mom and we get the classic one piece triumph over impossible odds. I am very excited to find out

It looks like our bro Yamato has taken a few shots :( hang in there bud

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 16, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The fact that Luffy is doing yet another mid-fight food power up (after WCI poked fun at it and did it in a funny way) feels a little too formulaic. I'd like to think there's a big twist coming up but wel'll see.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Starsfan posted:

I still fully expect this battle to take a serious turn for the worse where we get an "all hope is lost" moment. Things are going way too well at the moment, and even Luffy being "defeated" and thrown off the side of the island by Kaido happened off page so it didn't feel like a real defeat. It seems like Oda is building us up to pull the rug out from under our feet.

Like I don't know if the reason he's dispatching these underlings in sequence in such a clean cut fashion is to kind of make the point that the Straw Hats have grown as a crew where they are not going to be seriously threatened by this caliber of opponent.. maybe later we will have the contrast when the final reckoning comes with Kaido and Big Mom and we get the classic one piece triumph over impossible odds. I am very excited to find out

It looks like our bro Yamato has taken a few shots :( hang in there bud

i feel like we already had the “all hope is lost” moment when Zoro got the poo poo kicked out of him and his all or nothing move just slowed Kaido down slightly and Luffy fared by all accounts only slightly better. I kinda feel like we’re speeding through the Flying Six stuff because Oda wants to get to the fireworks factory and have everyone there in time to help Luffy/Zoro stomp the poo poo out of Kaido.

No Wave posted:

The fact that Luffy is doing yet another mid-fight food power up (after WCI poked fun at it and did it in a funny way) feels a little too formulaic. I'd like to think there's a big twist coming up but wel'll see.

Luffy healing himself with protein is like, a constant thing though? The post-shank meat in Alabasta, the pocket meat in Ennies Lobby, the post-poison meat in Impel Down, etc. the weirder thing is that Zoro isn’t being given an IV feed of overproof rum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011