Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Stuck at checkout :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

At least I am stuck on working through the payment instead of earlier steps, and I have money loaded already in my wallet

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I got all the way to hitting the green purchase button and it's been stuck on "working...." for three minutes let's hope that was enough

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol Steam exploded

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Hahah like an atomic clock with how precise Steam itself went down.

Goodness.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
You'd think these dweebs would be able to predict an increase in traffic and plan to scale accordingly

Veotax
May 16, 2006

gently caress it, I put down a deposit for Gabe-N 512GB. It's only £4 and I had more than that in my Steam wallet. Can always change my mind when they ask me to pay for it.

Was lucky enough to get straight through, though the store crapped out when I hit purchase at the end. But I got an email confirmation and I have £4 less in my wallet now, so I assume it went through.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Store crashed at checkout

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Mine went through. It just sat at the confirming part of checkout for a bit. Hang in there.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Guess people really want The D™ :cool:

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
My account was created on the launch day of steam 17 years ago. However it says my account is too new and I can’t reserve until the 18th. Wtf store.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE!

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Meiteron posted:

I got all the way to hitting the green purchase button and it's been stuck on "working...." for three minutes let's hope that was enough

Update: after five minutes it moved to the confirmation page so if you got to the end and hit the green button just be patient

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

sigh

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

It's telling me my account is too new to make a reservation...I've had the same steam account for like 15 years..

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
TAKE MY MONEY GABEN

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

mysteryberto posted:

My account was created on the launch day of steam 17 years ago. However it says my account is too new and I cant reserve until the 18th. Wtf store.

I'm in a similar boat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Meiteron posted:

Update: after five minutes it moved to the confirmation page so if you got to the end and hit the green button just be patient

I can confirm this

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Looks like its fixed

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
steam has thanked me for my purchase and helpfully informed me that i cannot install steam deck deposit

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Took 7 minutes of green button pressed to process. Just wait

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Do you want to remotely install your new hardware purchase?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

no luck here and now they're saying theyre all reserved

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

mysteryberto posted:

My account was created on the launch day of steam 17 years ago. However it says my account is too new and I can’t reserve until the 18th. Wtf store.

Mine says the same thing AND I've purchased poo poo

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
I’m unable to checkout :smith:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Feels like I missed out. Did anyone back out and try again or once you hit the green button, you stayed there until something happened?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It won't get past my saved CC, tried entering it manually but it craps out. Their payment system must be begging for mercy.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Rusty posted:

Do you want to remotely install your new hardware purchase?

Hell yeah Valve finally cracked the code and figured out how to download more ram.

EDIT:
From the Steam store:

quote:

It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again.

Welp. Looks like I pressed the green button too many times and now I've gotta sit in the corner for a while :(

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ah well, guess my account can't get it cuz it says I've been trying to buy things too often in the past few hours so now I'm hosed.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
lol now mine says I've been trying to purchase too much stuff and have to take a timeout.

Whatever fuckoff Valve goddamn. I'm sure they'll just abandon this after a few months like everything else.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Might as well wait for the sale.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
I'm stuck in "Pending" for the deck... hope it goes thru
e: just processed!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bardeh posted:

If the weaker Aya Neo is already doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhvrmNE5yng

Is there a chance the Deck will be able to do BotW2 at 60fps on Yuzu when it comes out?

u should look up at the top left in the yuzu part and work out what the clear bottleneck is and then compare theh neo spec to the steam deck lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

goddamn do i hate this poo poo.

oh well

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Well based on this thread, which is generally pretty hostile to new things especially if they are poorly conceived, the steam dick is going to be a massive success.

Hell I'm even slightly intrigued. I probably won't get one but the fact it can have Windows and emulate anything, plus I can just transfer over whatever of my game .exes I want, makes it tempting. Then again, do I really need to bring video games into even more parts of my life? Probably not.

repiv posted:

The Xbox Series controller is solid but also consider the 8bitdo Pro 2

It's a bit cheaper and has some features the Xbox controller doesn't, like back buttons

It's ugly and has a lovely Playstation layout, no thank you

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

A lot of games coming out this month I'm looking at.

July 20 - Death's Door
July 23 - Orcs Must Die 3
July 28 - Chernobylite
July 29 - The Ascent

Pumped for Death's Door and The Ascent, specifically.

repiv posted:

I wonder how many people will stick with SteamOS, rather than nuking it and installing Windows

If I got one, literally the first thing I'd do is put on Windows.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Still on a 1060, still runs modern games without any issue whatsoever. I think a lot of people really overestimate the resources that modern games require; between indie games and online titles there is a massive midrange market, games themselves are much more graphically efficient than they were even five years ago, and even low end CPUs are more than quick enough for the kind of calculations that games require. Just taking a quick look at my library, Vermintide 2, Wreckfest and Doom Eternal all run at a mixture of high and low settings, and they all look amazing, because low settings in a modern game still looks pretty excellent.

Yeah I also have a 1060 and it has yet to meet a game it couldn't run. I feel like that day is coming soon though.

Obviously I've been TRYING to upgrade for like two years now to no avail.

I'd like to know how it performs at 1080, which is kind of the minimum you need if you want to be playing this thing on a proper screen.

Regarding the SD Card, I'd like to know how MUCH is the difference is between it and a high quality disc drive. I still play all my games off of disc drives and it works just fine, but I could see if they were even slower there could be issues.

SaltPig
Jun 21, 2004

quote:

It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I tried the pullout method and got nowhere.

Oh well, I didn't want this anyway.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

BonoMan posted:

lol now mine says I've been trying to purchase too much stuff and have to take a timeout.

Whatever fuckoff Valve goddamn. I'm sure they'll just abandon this after a few months like everything else.

Me too lmao

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Shammypants posted:

Took 7 minutes of green button pressed to process. Just wait

poo poo, I thought it was frozen and backed out. Went back to my cart and it gave me errors every time I clicked "continue". Now it's telling me I've "attempted to make too many purchases in the last couple hours". gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twoflower
May 4, 2006

But what is the Internet? Is it a computer with the Internet inside?
Got up to the point of having payment info and all that in and hit to purchase...and crapped out. Now I'm just getting their cutesy error messages. Oh well