Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

After uzaki, takagi, and nagatoro is there going to be more bullying out of love animes on the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Not the next trend I expected after isekai's but here we are.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Tsundere is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

After uzaki, takagi, and nagatoro is there going to be more bullying out of love animes on the way

Did Takagi also have asinine Twitter discourse over it like, Uzaki and Nagatoro?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Watched episode one of Sonny Boy. Might have a winner here!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

KomradeX posted:

Did Takagi also have asinine Twitter discourse over it like, Uzaki and Nagatoro?

Why were people upset about Nagatoro?

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Gripweed posted:

that was the funny thing, nobody was upset with it, its just insane right wing anime fans assumed people would be, and acted like they were

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

that was the funny thing, nobody was upset with it, its just insane right wing anime fans assumed people would be, and acted like they were

The same thing sort of happened with Redo of Healer, even though people probably should've been more upset about it. There just wasn't the "SJW" outrage about it on social media, but the usual suspects sure did act like there was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one wants to engage with fans of redo in any way.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It was kinda funny that people got mad at how big Uzaki's tits are.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

IIRC the anime toned down the level of bullying a fair amount from the webthing it came from

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

and to be fair, that particular fan base is uniquely rancid

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The anime translation purists got mad at the girl from Nagatoro saying "sus" in the subs, despite the fact that she was using Japanese slang that also means pretty much the same thing.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

The anime translation purists got mad at the girl from Nagatoro saying "sus" in the subs, despite the fact that she was using Japanese slang that also means pretty much the same thing.

The best part of this was people responding to "yeah it's not like the japanese have slang of their own or anything" with "no, they don't, and that's what's so great about them", completely sincerely.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
weebs be like "have you considered the merits of clean oriental cultures an ocean away from the urbans" over cartoons about relationships and women

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i like the weebs who just never actually learn anything about japan or japanese so the whole country can just exist as a purely mythical wonderland in their imagination

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Tabletops posted:

I mean the author of dragon maid is like 99% probably a lolicon lol
Unless I've got the wrong guy he seems to draw nothing but huge tits in his free time.

edit: his other serialized manga is Chichi Chichi Enormous Breast Paradise

Pitch has issued a correction as of 04:39 on Jul 16, 2021

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Of the 3 takagi is probably the least bullying

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Of the 3 takagi is probably the least bullying

It is kinda off-putting how she's still teasing him like that in the spin-off where they're married with a small child.
Like, it's understandable when it's two kids who have trouble processing their affection for each other, but treating your spouse like that is just mean.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm still hoping we get Yancha Gal no Anjou-san which is like a combo Takagi and Nagatoro(gal lead with flirtingly teases the meek nerd she's crushing on). Less mean than Nagatoro with the flirt and horny volumes cranked up pretty high(likely the highest of the bunch even with Uzaki in play).

doomrider7 has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Jul 25, 2021

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The same thing sort of happened with Redo of Healer, even though people probably should've been more upset about it. There just wasn't the "SJW" outrage about it on social media, but the usual suspects sure did act like there was.
It's blatant trashiness likely had something to do with it. Absolutely no one who knew of the show thought it was anything more than trashy schlock crap with better than usual animation values so no one cared about it.

Gripweed posted:

She DEFINETLY rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with her bullying in ways that made people feel super uncomfortable. I've not read or watched it, but even here a lot of people though she was kind of a mean bitch at times.

Gripweed posted:

It was kinda funny that people got mad at how big Uzaki's tits are.

Same. It was that and her being short and babyfaced apparently because it made her loli?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
anime

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Buddykins posted:

anime loving owns

*grabbing buddykuns by the ear* alright mister, time toleave

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This all sounds god awful

Anime threads always start out as robots and laser fights (cool!)
Then devolve rapidly into discussions about the threads favourite softcore show about bullied children

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Time of eve is about softcore robots

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hey I came back with a report on a new show at least.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

She DEFINETLY rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with her bullying in ways that made people feel super uncomfortable. I've not read or watched it, but even here a lot of people though she was kind of a mean bitch at times.

The pre-serialization stuff and the first chapter or two of the manga itself are pretty uncomfortable. It starts to shift fairly quickly in the manga as her bullying gets a lot less mean-spirited and her senpai gets a bit more assertive responding to it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

I haven't thought about Time of Eve in years. That's one of the best fictional coffee shops

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

tokin opposition posted:

Can I gently caress the robots or is that reserved for Godess Candidates?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doomrider7 posted:

She DEFINETLY rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with her bullying in ways that made people feel super uncomfortable. I've not read or watched it, but even here a lot of people though she was kind of a mean bitch at times

Yeah. That's why it's cool.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HootTheOwl posted:

Can I gently caress the robots or is that reserved for Godess Candidates?

goddamn, thread going for some deep pulls today

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

goddamn, thread going for some deep pulls today

It's not that deep, since it's known for being the worst show ever aired on toonami/adult swim

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah. That's why it's cool.

yea & it gets boring once they tone down the bullying aspect

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/Petsuchan/status/1415986221709410304

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The "bullying" in Nagatoro like quickly drops once the main group all sort of cross a line and than its more light hearted friends poo poo anyway.

Does Uzaki even count as bullying? Like thats just an introvert friend being made to do stuff with an extrovert

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KomradeX posted:

The "bullying" in Nagatoro like quickly drops once the main group all sort of cross a line and than its more light hearted friends poo poo anyway.

Does Uzaki even count as bullying? Like thats just an introvert friend being made to do stuff with an extrovert

She pokes fun at his foibles.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a fantasy scenario for masochists, potentially upsetting to victims of bullying and just kind of weird and off-putting to everyone else.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i manage to avoid being particularly upset by these masochist bullying animes one way or another by just not watching them, because they look bad imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
hey now, what about victims of bullying who've developed masochist fantasies as a result!?