Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barreft posted:

which versions have people been able to preorder?

Yeah I went for the 512 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ShaneB posted:

If I have a "pending" order in my purchase history, that's the best I'm going to get right now, yeah?

That's what I have too

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I guess this is just something i'll try and get version 2 of.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Kaddish posted:

Mine has been sitting at working for about 5-6 minutes after clicking purchase. Guess I'll just let it marinate.

It took my transaction about 4-5 min to go through once accepting the ToS and clicking the final button, too.

Kaddish posted:

And now I can't add anything because it says I have a pending transaction under my account. :shrug:

Do you see the pending purchase listed here: https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/ ???

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
"It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again."

No, pretty sure I've only been trying to make one purchase.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally got through! Good luck fuckers :smugdog:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

god drat it gabe

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tried to snag a 256gb one but

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Now that I have a few minutes to reflect, I just noticed they never sent the reminder email I asked for

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Bloodplay it again posted:

It took my transaction about 4-5 min to go through once accepting the ToS and clicking the final button, too.

Do you see the pending purchase listed here: https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/ ???

Lol, it took another few minutes to load my purchase history but yeah it shows pending now. 512GB for me.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Marx Headroom posted:

Now that I have a few minutes to reflect, I just noticed they never sent the reminder email I asked for

I got mine but I got locked out.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Boom, the pending purchase went through after about 15 mins, got my email. I'm done, cool.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yay!

Thank you for your Steam purchase!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Well, shouldn't have used Firefox for the purchase because all of the ad blocking prevented it from going through to purchase. Got to the purchase screen first try with Chrome and no ad blocks.

Thing is they're perfectly happy with Firefox for game purchases. '

Chrome is still stuck on "Working" at the purchase screen, so who knows.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I imagine that's all she wrote

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Im still at the account too new *shrug* gently caress it.

good luck all

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The United States posted:

It's just been this error solid for 15 minutes

Has anyone successfully got a pre-order after receiving this? or am I just screwing myself harder every time I try lol

Twoflower
May 4, 2006

But what is the Internet? Is it a computer with the Internet inside?

Nuts and Gum posted:

Has anyone successfully got a pre-order after receiving this? or am I just screwing myself harder every time I try lol
I'm just trying to figure out what the hell a while would mean if a few hours is the time frame they're talking about...wait a few hours? Five minutes? I should stop being a desperate nerd.

Feeling dumb about not buying that $5 credit ahead. I also didn't know about this thing until about midnight last night so I guess I can't be too disappointed.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Apparently if you log out and log back in it fixes the "account too new" problem.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I imagine that's all she wrote

I’m the “ #resevation_fulfillment_estimate_1”

This preorder went about as expected with bots slamming the system and a big tech company failing to scale their system to handle the load.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Yeah, but only if you check your purchase history page and it says pending.
Like at some point early on I was able to get to a page where it had me enter my security numbers for my credit card and click "purchase," it just kept cycling on that page for a while and I didn't know if it went through until I saw "pending purchase" on my purchase history page.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mysteryberto posted:

This preorder went about as expected with bots slamming the system and a big tech company failing to scale their system to handle the load.

Bits can’t do this as you need to have made a purchase after June 20th to reserve it

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

mysteryberto posted:

How many bots had accounts with purchases on them though? I think the measure must have filtered the vast majority of them.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

I got both “ #resevation_fulfillment_estimate_1” and the "your account is too new" but was able to order after a few tries. Took a few minutes to confirm the purchase as well.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It's not true for "gaming" laptops because they're making the same power vs battery choices as portables. Because the audience for "gaming" laptops is people who want a portable gaming computer, not a laptop that plays games. It's true for non-gaming laptops which nowadays can play plenty of games at decent quality.

I mean if you want to get really technical with this then battery life for handhelds decades ago weren't better at all. The Gameboy line only had so much battery life due to the components being so relatively weak compared to everything else and not even having backlit screens. It was an anomaly even for it's time. Unless you wanted Nintendo to have made the Switch two Wiis ducktaped together performance wise, you aren't getting a 14 hour battery life.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 16, 2021

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Wasted 30 mins in Firefox because I was in a Zoom meeting, but it's gone through almost immediately in Chrome. That 30mins probably means Christmas 2023 shipping, right?

E: It's not Firefox itself that was the problem so much as FF has so many things blocked for privacy protection. Chrome is wide open and hence why I don't use it by default. Normal game purchases work fine in FF, just not the Steam Deck with my settings. :shrug:

v1ld fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 16, 2021

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

v1ld posted:

Wasted 30 mins in Firefox because I was in a Zoom meeting, but it's gone through almost immediately in Chrome. That 30mins probably means Christmas 2023 shipping, right?

You will be able to buy one in mid 2022 second hand for $1.7k

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Welp I can't loving get out of the been attempting many purchases error message now. Really annoying

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

my pending transaction just disappeared from my purchase history. I got it through like 15 ago!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bits can’t do this as you need to have made a purchase after June 20th to reserve it

Yeah I highly doubt very many if any “bots” got one.

Obviously their website poo poo the bed but they did the best they could to ensure existing customers could buy one without the fear of bots scooping them all up.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

MarcusSA posted:

Obviously their website poo poo the bed but they did the best they could to ensure existing customers could buy one without the fear of bots scooping them all up.

Except for the part where they told people to keep retrying only to lock them out!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

"Expected order availability: Q1 2022 " lol

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'll probably end up waiting until next year to pick one up, but it would kick rear end to have a portable emulation machine on the go that can play almost anything

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ShaneB posted:

my pending transaction just disappeared from my purchase history. I got it through like 15 ago!!

Did anyone else have this happen? I'm really friggen... steamed.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

late 2022 i'd imagine

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

I am now back to error initializing transaction instead of too many purchases. Maybe THIS time...

Edit: Ayyyyy it worked!

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Also locked out - I called up a friend who had no interest in one and had him reserve me the 256gb on his account. Literally was done in seconds. God dammit Valve lol

edit: so yeah message your friends who have steam accounts and have them get it for you, that's the workaround

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
Finally got a 512 preorder in. The "too many attempts, try again later" cooldown is like 2-5 minutes. Just keep trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Play posted:

Well based on this thread, which is generally pretty hostile to new things especially if they are poorly conceived, the steam dick is going to be a massive success.

The Switch reveal thread is :allears:.

Play posted:

I'd like to know how it performs at 1080, which is kind of the minimum you need if you want to be playing this thing on a proper screen

Regarding the SD Card, I'd like to know how MUCH is the difference is between it and a high quality disc drive. I still play all my games off of disc drives and it works just fine, but I could see if they were even slower there could be issues.

These are two huge factors, I agree.