Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regy Rusty posted:

And once people pointed out how silly he was being he didn't go "oh yeah I guess that was pretty dumb whoops" and instead doubled down:

good times

The lion does not concern themselves with the opinion of the sheep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Tenkaris posted:

Please, call him Vernie. It’s what he wouldn’t have wanted.
idk if he was a piece of poo poo, we don't deadname :colbert:

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Phanatic posted:

It was all very simple.

That's not thac0, that's the 1e combat matrix that thac0 replaced.

So yeah, it could be worse! Thac0 was the step between matrices and ascending math.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The lion does not concern themselves with the opinion of the sheep.

That's because it's too busy sleeping in the jungle

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

Positive numbers are bad.

Seventy would not be achievable through normal means, but if you had it, everything would hit you. You would be as fragile as a metaphorical house of cards.

at 70 you would be getting hit by things that haven't yet happened

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The Fallout fans not touching 1 and 2 are missing out

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The Fallout fans not touching 1 and 2 are missing out

Same for FarCry. I liked 1 (the straightforward fps) way more than the boring as poo poo ubisoft sandboxes.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

idk if he was a piece of poo poo, we don't deadname :colbert:

You… don’t know if David Koresh was a piece of poo poo? Well okay then but that’s your failure not mine. :stare:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yakuza fans have no reason to avoid the first two games since they were remade. Unless they're counting the Kiwami games as distinct from the games they were remaking.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Far Cry fans are also missing their left hand

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Tenkaris posted:

You… don’t know if David Koresh was a piece of poo poo? Well okay then but that’s your failure not mine. :stare:
That should have been idc

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Yakuza fans have no reason to avoid the first two games since they were remade. Unless they're counting the Kiwami games as distinct from the games they were remaking.

I'm almost 100% certain that by now less westerners have played 3 & 4 than have played 1 & 2 (via Kiwami)

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Van Darkholme?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
My experience with nethack has lead me to believe -34 is a pretty good AC to have. Maybe give that a try?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Tenkaris posted:

Buddy I don't even know who David Koresh is

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah Yakuza and Fallout are weird things to include there as their first two games are phenomenal

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Reject Koresh

Uphold Kaczynski

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

There's literally only one thing I care about in yakuza. Will 1 and 2 allow me to play crane games to win stuffed animals for my adopted daughter

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Code Jockey posted:

Yeah Yakuza and Fallout are weird things to include there as their first two games are phenomenal

Fallout is definitely in the camp where way more people have only played 3/NV/4 though, and people think of it as a real time first person shooter franchise, rather than an turn based isometric.

Having enjoyed 3/NV/4, I have no desire to go play 1/2 for exactly that reason. But I also have heretical Fallout views, in that I firmly believe Fallout 3 (specifically FWE), for all it's flaws, is still the best one.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Same for FarCry. I liked 1 (the straightforward fps) way more than the boring as poo poo ubisoft sandboxes.

4 was so good though, just loving fun. And if you find it boring you can just sit at the start for 10 min and still technically win lol.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PittTheElder posted:

I firmly believe Fallout 3 (specifically FWE), for all it's flaws, is still the best one.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

There's literally only one thing I care about in yakuza. Will 1 and 2 allow me to play crane games to win stuffed animals for my adopted daughter

I can't tell if this is a bit or not. Haruka is introduced in 1 and taking her around the city to fulfill her requests and get her to trust kiryu started there.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm guessing they mean the PS2 versions of Yakuza 1 and 2 and not the Kiwami remakes.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Some original content, I made about my life.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Some original content, I made about my life.

:sever:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I like that they added a second musclegimp on the right side lol

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Tenkaris posted:

So who is this guy, and why do we suddenly hate the first two games in a number of series?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I'm one of those weirdos that really, really likes FC2. It wasn't always fun but it sure was an experience you didn't get with most games.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Code Jockey posted:

It's not about the quality of any of them, just that lots of series seemed to take significant turns at the third entry where they got really popular but that new audience doesn't go back to catch up on the old ones.

These memes are really more of an age test, because if you're old enough you come from a time when being a Fallout fan meant loving 1 and 2 because that's all you had.

Though maybe there's one weirdo out there whose only Fallout was

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder posted:

Fallout is definitely in the camp where way more people have only played 3/NV/4 though, and people think of it as a real time first person shooter franchise, rather than an turn based isometric.

Having enjoyed 3/NV/4, I have no desire to go play 1/2 for exactly that reason. But I also have heretical Fallout views, in that I firmly believe Fallout 3 (specifically FWE), for all it's flaws, is still the best one.

oh no

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have only ever played Skyrim.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There are definitely a lot of people who have played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim but never touched Arena or Daggerfall.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tenkaris posted:

Ooh! Ooh! I don't know he was a piece of poo poo! Who was he?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
David Koresh was a game journalist

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Dave "K-Hole" Koresh was the only man to party so hard they ran a tank into his house and set him on fire

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

David Koresh was a game journalist

that motherfucker

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Manager Hoyden posted:

Dave "K-Hole" Koresh was the only man to party so hard they ran a tank into his house and set him on fire

Set to Van Halen's Panama :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

That particular verse was about a threesome between the singer, his girlfriend and his buddy that was nicknamed "Chili Dog" for some reason.