Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

P-Mack posted:

I want to take my switch on the train but it's summer vacation and the kids need it more
The Biden administration just approved a one Switch per child per month fund. Check with your tax guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Spare the switch, spoil the child

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

There isn't a loving disease on earth that could kill someone waiting 35 loving years for SMTV, gently caress off

this

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoderman posted:

bring your 3ds instead. not seeing the problem here.

haha yeah [quietly signals the sniper]

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

mycophobia posted:

[gets up from other computer to wobble the mouse on work computer so the Teams light stays green] UGH

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my wfh experience was more about having more work to do, but on a smaller screen, and instead of at a desk, hunched over in a chair with a toddler yelling "stop working! it's boring!" for an entire year, lol. i'm still grateful that i got to keep my income and that i could stay safe, but it was a tough year. the weirdest experience has been that my boss agreed i needed to be in the office a couple of months before the rest of the staff go back to get everything ready, so i've been the only person on my floor for awhile now.

i went from having constant interruptions and working off a tiny laptop screen to standing in front of two huge monitors, in utter and complete silence. it feels like i changed the difficulty settings from hard to easy and some glitch also maxed my level.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

a toddler yelling "stop working! it's boring!"

He was right and you should have listened.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

my wfh experience was more about having more work to do, but on a smaller screen, and instead of at a desk, hunched over in a chair with a toddler yelling "stop working! it's boring!" for an entire year, lol. i'm still grateful that i got to keep my income and that i could stay safe, but it was a tough year. the weirdest experience has been that my boss agreed i needed to be in the office a couple of months before the rest of the staff go back to get everything ready, so i've been the only person on my floor for awhile now.

i went from having constant interruptions and working off a tiny laptop screen to standing in front of two huge monitors, in utter and complete silence. it feels like i changed the difficulty settings from hard to easy and some glitch also maxed my level.

Tldr

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

spent this year working from my office while last year was wfh, I beat 35 games last year :eng99:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

best time in my life was being unemployed for a year lol

Yeah, I didnt have a job in grad school and just spent all of my free time gaming until 5 in the morning, ignoring my supervisor's emails begging me to hand in overdue drafts. Had nightmares for years after about my dissertation's looming deadline but it was worth it for sure. Gaming ftw.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

8. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Not sure why so many people are iffy on this game. it's loving great. Ready to jump straight into Zangetsu mode

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

super mario run. its fine but it’s not the best that super mario has to offer.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoderman posted:

super mario run. its fine but it’s not the best that super mario has to offer.
Did you get all the coins?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

Did you get all the coins?

thats my next goal. but i’m considering that post-game content.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had fun getting all the coins. The black ones are extremely challenging. Adds a lot of replayability to the game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tawal posted:

Not sure why so many people are iffy on this game. it's loving great. Ready to jump straight into Zangetsu mode

I think it's just kinda ugly, which it is, but once you get over that the core game is very addictive. Cooking for perma stat boosts etc..

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
4. Nioh 2. I only had the last boss left but I moved so just now got to it after a like two month delay. Really enjoyed this game but I wish there were more human enemies so I could actually use the cool weapon skills. I want to tackle the dlc but I’ve been itching to start RE village so I’m gonna put it aside for now.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tawal posted:

yweah it's really good, its another igavania. stoked for bloodstained 2 where he can go a bit crazier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bloodstained kicks rear end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the legend of zelda: link to the past (100%). loving masterpiece of a game. i'm going to cut off net cafe scandals balls with a blowtorch

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

the legend of zelda: link to the past (100%). loving masterpiece of a game. i'm going to cut off net cafe scandals balls with a blowtorch

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fungah! posted:

How’d you beat it so fast?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i played it occasionally

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i played it occasionally

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Did you use a guide? :crossarms:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i had to look up where to get the last heart piece but otherwise nope

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Did you use a guide? :crossarms:

I found the guide you used

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i had to look up where to get the last heart piece but otherwise nope

lol which one? there's always one that gives me trouble.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol which one? there's always one that gives me trouble.

the one up on death mountain where you need to use th magic mirror on the ledge halfway through turtle rock, i always forget where it is

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Fungah! posted:

yweah it's really good, its another igavania. stoked for bloodstained 2 where he can go a bit crazier

:hai:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat this game called ",,,Iru!" on psx which means something like "it's here" or "they're here" or "something's here." it was a japanese only psx horror-ish game where hp lovecraft monsters are coming to take over your school. its mostly a very basic adventure game where you wander from room to room hunting for the right dialogue trigger or item. the puzzles consist of picking up an object and then putting it in a different obvious place. most of the time you're walking very slowly form one end of the school to the other. once in awhile there's clocktower inspired escape scenes altho they're entirely scriped where you go into a room and find the obvious hiding spot.

this game came out in 1998 the same year as mgs on the psx and quake on pc a year ealier and it looks worse than ancient dos version of alone in the dark, which is pretty impressive tbh

its not very good but it is cool. 4 out of 5, minus 1 point for no arrows telling me where to go or npc companions who are also my depressed child constantly telling me where to go either.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6160/ oh yeah someone released a translation patch like, yesterday, if you're a total failtard who can't read japanese :newlol:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that looks cool

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

P-Mack posted:

I want to take my switch on the train but it's summer vacation and the kids need it more

Getting jealous of my 6 year old making sick Mario maker 2 levels while I'm at work.

1. Bloodstained
2. Bioshock
3. Bravely Default 2
4. Bioshock Infinite

Bravely Default 2 is very cool, loved having little Eureka moments about job / skill combos. Enjoyed the challenge.

Tried to enjoy Bioshock Infinite but it's just not that good. Story is a mess, combat is absolute trash. Why can I only have 2 weapons? Why are the powers pointless? Started Bioshock 2 after and it's great.

Currently deep in Majoras Mask 3ds after beating 3 Zelda games last year and it's still amazing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this username reminded me of this

b_d posted:

we have no idea if we put eggs in there or not. good luck lol. it’s definitely got crustaceans though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Getting jealous of my 6 year old making sick Mario maker 2 levels while I'm at work.

1. Bloodstained
2. Bioshock
3. Bravely Default 2
4. Bioshock Infinite

Bravely Default 2 is very cool, loved having little Eureka moments about job / skill combos. Enjoyed the challenge.

Tried to enjoy Bioshock Infinite but it's just not that good. Story is a mess, combat is absolute trash. Why can I only have 2 weapons? Why are the powers pointless? Started Bioshock 2 after and it's great.

Currently deep in Majoras Mask 3ds after beating 3 Zelda games last year and it's still amazing.

The year of B games