Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitch.tv/mysteriumcon

Rand Miller is streaming playing Myst and talking about all the things they got wrong, pretty interesting

Stux posted:

theres also money on the table in selling dog food. insane apple wont make a move on this market.

The point being it would utilize their existing hardware which they've already sold people, which would allow them to effectively compete with the steam deck while costing consumers significantly less money.

Vertical integration makes execs get excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stux posted:

theres also money on the table in selling dog food. insane apple wont make a move on this market.

can dogs eat apples

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they already compete with it and every other gaming device and make $40 billion per year off of gaming. how much do ou think an iphone with a thumbstick no one buys except 2 insanely old guys will add to dthat. mayhaps $10?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

can dogs eat apples

yes, just give it to them in little slices

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the steam deck will be the ideal way to play way of the samurai 3

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

https://twitch.tv/mysteriumcon

Rand Miller is streaming playing Myst and talking about all the things they got wrong, pretty interesting

What do you mean by stuff they got wrong? Like, physics stuff or just general design things or what?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I remember that according to them, literally every depiction of linking books in the series contradicts the intended canon due to design and technical limitations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

New Super Metis posted:

everyone: watch revue starlight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know that the idea of how prison books work ended up getting changed because of another company deciding to change up what prison books are.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Glad we're fans of video games and not real games. Like English Football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI5nw1kYwdo

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
should i watch revue starlight or start playing anodyne 2

also dub or sub (i assume sub)

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 17, 2021

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

What do you mean by stuff they got wrong? Like, physics stuff or just general design things or what?

Just like things they overlooked or aspects of puzzles that could have been done better. Actually most of it ended up being just talking about the development woes of making the first fully CG game with early tech.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

definitely sub! a dub exists but it is not good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

sub, but watch out besides the official subs don't translate the song lyrics. In a musical.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

start playing anodyne 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
apple could probably handily beat the steam deck in both performance and power consumption but they have never given a poo poo about gaming, ever

let’s see what the sales figures are before saying they’re leaving money on the table. design and production aren’t free and it’s not clear there are a ton of gamers whose needs are not being met by any competitor right now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stick an m1 in it andn make rosetta 2 for windows

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wouldn’t want an apple handheld, it’d use IPadOS and be stuck playing App Store games and not normal PC games like death stranding

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

uh thahts why we make rosetta 2 but for windows. feel like you didnt even read what i said.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what if the steam deck had a crank.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i wont entertain anymore crank posts from you. end of the line pal. next time, youll be talking to my thirty ought six

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

homeless snail posted:

what if the steam deck had a crank.

his name is "stux" :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

his name is "stux" :D

:blastu:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

i wont entertain anymore crank posts from you. end of the line pal. next time, youll be talking to my thirty ought six
you better believe that when i get my playdate, ill be posting reviews of every single game for it and rating their crank usage

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you mean ranking their crank usage

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cranking their rank usage

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Hi chat thread it's my birthday and I just had some really good nachos. Wish I could order a steam deck here from NZ but sadly not

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

bovis posted:

Hi chat thread it's my birthday and I just had some really good nachos. Wish I could order a steam deck here from NZ but sadly not

Happy birthday!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
okay well i started playing anodyne 2 and i cleaned out some old lady's lungs and calmed down a guy terrorizing a construction site.

pretty good so far. i'm exploring some dirty alleyway and i see some graffiti. i struggle to make out the words in the funky script. oh, it says "environmental storytelling". lmao.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

New Super Metis posted:

everyone: watch revue starlight

I understand

EDIT: Alternatively:

New Super Metis posted:

everyone: watch oddtaxi

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 17, 2021

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

new thalasso vid out enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIYqz-RTAKA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What was on the nachos

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Beef mince, cheese, guacamole, sour cream

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nice, that's birthday nachos for sure...

Maybe I'll get some nachos tomorrow, non-birthday

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
started watching revue starlight and the animation is gorgeous, i didn't expect such budget

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

started watching revue starlight and the animation is gorgeous, i didn't expect such budget

Like all shows, it goes ham for the first three and then backs off a bit but it never stops looking good

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Always going to crack me up when the first result for xbox controller points to a 180 dollar version. That's the price I'd imagine an Apple console controller to cost. Has anyone used the 180 dollar version, whats the extra 120 getcha?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:eyepop:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bovis posted:

H bday!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

New Super Metis posted:

everyone: watch odd taxi

god this show was incredible

I feel like I've had the problem of all the anime I'm watching making GBS threads the bed in the last quarter, but man odd taxi stuck the landing in a satisfying way