Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bloodysabbath posted:

If you do the rational thing and drink while watching this poo poo, please know that the All Out arena is in a suburb of Chicago a long drive from the city proper.

We, and many others, found that out the hard way at the first All Out while waiting outside a closed Main Event in the rain until like 3am for an Uber that still was well over $100.

If you have a DD or something, of course, this doesn’t apply to you. Hug them and then keep them in a box for safety until September.

I don't drink, but my hotel is like 9 minutes from the venue so I did plan ahead for that at least. I'll take the train into the city proper on days when wrestling isn't happening and gorge on any deep dish pizzas or assorted hot beefs people here recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/sexychuckiet/status/1416183889341595651?s=21

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kunabomber posted:

still trying to figure out where parts unknown actually is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is2U-V2kdMM

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

where tf did you move, saratoga

Not officially moving until next month, but Champlain.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
sure, gimme that gangtag too

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

What's the merch going to be? If its just the same stuff from thier website then I can pass. If they have tour shirts im interested.

Tickets say it starts at 6. Don't know if that's when gates open. Its not at a big arena, which is good.

i was super mad they didnt have the orange cassidy foam thumbs that they were selling last year, they sold out of them by the time i got there last year and wanted one this time.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

If you do the rational thing and drink while watching this poo poo, please know that the All Out arena is in a suburb of Chicago a long drive from the city proper.

We, and many others, found that out the hard way at the first All Out while waiting outside a closed Main Event in the rain until like 3am for an Uber that still was well over $100.

If you have a DD or something, of course, this doesn’t apply to you. Hug them and then keep them in a box for safety until September.

yeah the ride share situation in 2019 was completely hosed. i was staying 5 mins away from the venue and it still took an hour and $35 to get back. if i didn't have to walk next to a highway in the rain i would have just done that

if they do a post show bbt speech bounce during that and have the app open on your way across the street and you might get lucky

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Not officially moving until next month, but Champlain.

drat you right up there

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

It is rumored that after Space Jam's success in 1996 there was an idea for a pseudo sequel called Space Slam, which was going to feature Looney Tunes and WCW wrestlers. Now would it work with AEW wrestlers? Yes. Would it suck horribly? Also yes.

But lol look it's Bugs dressed up as Orange Cassidy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleopolis posted:

Would it suck horribly? Also yes.

What the gently caress, no that would own

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Waffleopolis posted:

. Now would it work with AEW wrestlers? Yes. Would it suck horribly? Also yes.

Just think of the Taz jokes

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Looney Tunes Jones.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Rarity posted:

What the gently caress, no that would own

It would absolutely suck, but it would also absolutely own

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Waffleopolis posted:

It is rumored that after Space Jam's success in 1996 there was an idea for a pseudo sequel called Space Slam, which was going to feature Looney Tunes and WCW wrestlers.

The fact that we were denied this is criminal. The NWO running wild on Moron Mountain while Hogan refuses to put over anyone even in a cartoon would have been the best worst movie.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Waffleopolis posted:

It is rumored that after Space Jam's success in 1996 there was an idea for a pseudo sequel called Space Slam, which was going to feature Looney Tunes and WCW wrestlers. Now would it work with AEW wrestlers? Yes. Would it suck horribly? Also yes.

Give me Miro just mercilessly beating the poo poo outta Wiley Coyote then forgiving him

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Drakkel posted:

The NWO running wild on Moron Mountain
I think that was just WCW in general

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This is so wholesome:
https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1416204347969507330?s=19

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the figure guy thought he got a bum rap on the Britt figure so he reposted with closer look, and the face looks a lot better here, but still could use makeup (guess you can add your own), it's got her quirked smile down
https://twitter.com/JeremyCom/status/1416160595976474624

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Why isn't Jake Roberts managing Chaos Project with Luther bringing out Serpentico in a bag

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dacap posted:

Just think of the Taz jokes

Taz and Taz recreate the "two Pentas" spot

My Lovely Horse posted:

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Botchamania went with this precise joke for you-know-what

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

bloodysabbath posted:

This is why I was so glad they did Revolution 2020 at the Wintrust. 4 minutes walk from a light rail station, walking distance to various hotels and suchlike.

Admittedly on the night of the event there was a death on the tracks somewhere on the L that shut down trains for a while but you can't have everything.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 17, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dacap posted:

Charlotte is unrecognizable
boy, goons really outdid themselves in beating the poo poo out of this joke in record time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the joke is unrecognizable

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The good ol' "goons are bad at face recognition". :haw:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Charlotte is unrecognizable

The nose, the forehead, the eyes, the eyebrows, the beard. Yeah it's not 100% Hangman of course, but if you'd showed me just the head of that figure I probably would've guessed Hangman before I guessed Kenny. Hell, you could probably just repaint the hair blonde and have an easy Hangman.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They both honestly also have a really similar face, at least the forehead and nose. Look at pictures of them in real life.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

They both honestly also have a really similar face, at least the forehead and nose. Look at pictures of them in real life.

I will not.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

holy poo poo i just saw these guys and they are kind of good looking

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turns out all of Lucha Underground is available for free on Tubi.

Turns out their geoblocking is real easy to get around.

So I know what I'm gonna be doing this summer.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Just noticed that All Out 2021 is available for purchase on fite.tv now. The notable thing is that the price is back down to like $28 CAD (or 20 fite credits which I used) instead of like $50 or more. I think Revolution 2020 or at least one other AEW PPV was that price before. Of course this price drop might only apply to Canada, I have no idea.

It also calls the event All Out 2021: Where Champions Are Made. Make of that what you will.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I really enjoyed the show this week, but didn't enjoy the finish to Christian and Hardy, just felt weird that at 8 Christian got up into the ring, Hardy turned away and kill switch.

But good show, Penelope Ford Vs. Sakazaki was good and I liked that the crowd were into her. With just 1 month, what the heck will she even do?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Waffleopolis posted:

ok im back on board

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
statler and waldorf as excalibur and taz

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW is Metal Gear

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Wazzu posted:

But good show, Penelope Ford Vs. Sakazaki was good and I liked that the crowd were into her. With just 1 month, what the heck will she even do?

Going from Ryo Mizunami's last tour, wrestle a bunch of good matches on Elevation.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

duckdealer posted:

Just noticed that All Out 2021 is available for purchase on fite.tv now. The notable thing is that the price is back down to like $28 CAD (or 20 fite credits which I used) instead of like $50 or more. I think Revolution 2020 or at least one other AEW PPV was that price before. Of course this price drop might only apply to Canada, I have no idea.

It also calls the event All Out 2021: Where Champions Are Made. Make of that what you will.

I’ve been buying PPVs on FITE in Not America and Not Canada and they’ve been $20 USD. So it may have been a weird Canada thing.

That subtitle though…that’s hinting at something!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Mr. Squishy posted:

Going from Ryo Mizunami's last tour, wrestle a bunch of good matches on Elevation.

when is ryo coming back? I'd like to see her with a full touring crowd now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Turns out all of Lucha Underground is available for free on Tubi.

Turns out their geoblocking is real easy to get around.

So I know what I'm gonna be doing this summer.

You can watch and download all four seasons from archives.org. I grabbed all and I'll do lonh sessions of wrassling this summer.