Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ZombieLenin posted:

Did Wargaming increase the amount of XP you need to grind out if Tier VII? Since the last time I played they have added a bunch of ships that branch off from Tier 7…

I am looking at these XP requirements on these tier viii ships and it seems like I am going to have to spend twice the time in these ships—some like the Colorado, which I loving hated—as I did the first time I ground through them.

If you're trying to unlock Kansas I have bad news wrt hating the Colorado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

wdarkk posted:

I am. It’s not so much that I am super excited about the Vermont line so much as it is I am a completionist. At the time I stopped playing in 2019 I had every single tier X the available.

So, of course, I have a number of new ships I need to get into… the Vermont being one of them… no matter how much it hurts.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm pretty close to that, barring the Dutch Cruisers I've got:
Regrinding the Haragumo line again
Vermont
Pan Asian DDs
German 150mm DDs
British CAs

Only one of those is enjoyable for me.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Seriously considering blowing 10k steel on a perma.camo, but i cant decide which T10 id like to play most.
I realized im not really touching any of them since the costs are somewhat prohibitive and im running out of useful camos when grinding new lines.
So a perma-camo with reduced cost on top would help a lot, but ive got about 12 10s and i cant decide.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

wdarkk posted:

I think Kansas at least is a little better than when released, but yeah it's not a fun ship.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Seriously considering blowing 10k steel on a perma.camo, but i cant decide which T10 id like to play most.
I realized im not really touching any of them since the costs are somewhat prohibitive and im running out of useful camos when grinding new lines.
So a perma-camo with reduced cost on top would help a lot, but ive got about 12 10s and i cant decide.

If anything the T10 perma-camos are losing value as the game grows older. When I started playing in 2015/16(?) there were only around 8 T10s - 4 each for the IJN and USN. And eg the Yamato was so far ahead of the Montana that having a perma-camo for it would have made a lot of sense. But now, I'd be really surprised if anyone focuses enough on a single T10 to make the perma worth it. For same reason I am very reluctant to buy a Leg Mod.
Edit: You are basically half way to any steel ship as well (including coupon).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I use the Republique for directives in co-op, since it's tankier than the Bourgogne even if it's a little slower. So I feel like I'm getting use out of that perma-camo.

But yeah, the balance definitely feels like it's shifted there.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://warships.net/tarbrush

Hey, my EU referral code, several days too late!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is the Jutland still worth the silver?

Ive realized some older ships have been out-meta´d, at least for me.
For example i cant get the Japanese torpedoboats to work in a setting where basically every second ships has radar, hydro or both, whereas gunboats are reigning supreme over caps.

So before i drop 11mil on a boat thats probably a piece of poo poo, whats opinions on Jutland in this day and age?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Yolomon Wayne posted:

For example i cant get the Japanese torpedoboats to work in a setting where basically every second ships has radar, hydro or both, whereas gunboats are reigning supreme over caps.

So before i drop 11mil on a boat thats probably a piece of poo poo, whats opinions on Jutland in this day and age?

I cannot answer that question, but I can tell you that I’ve been messing around with torpedo boats since I started playing again, and I can’t land torpedo hits for poo poo anymore.

I assume it’s the fact that every ship in the game these days seems to have planes, hydro, or both, and the captain skill rework adding an additional anti-torpedo skill for battleship captains.

Either that or I am rusty as gently caress. Who knows? :shrug:

I will say I used to rack up damage with British torps, and the other day I was ecstatic that I managed to land two whole torpedos with my Cossack in one match.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I feel like the amount of straight line sailing has slowly gone down over time. People did learn a little.

Also mad wg doubled the number of possible bundles, was willing to gamble a little to try and get the new tier 9 because at least I could use the flags, but my odds got halved.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Torpedo aimer is basically only good for getting speed / heading against most people in my recent experience.

You can get hits without guessing where they'll turn if you're not spotted and they have to move in a straightish line to get away / cap / not reveal broadside to half your BB's.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZombieLenin posted:

I cannot answer that question, but I can tell you that I’ve been messing around with torpedo boats since I started playing again, and I can’t land torpedo hits for poo poo anymore.

I assume it’s the fact that every ship in the game these days seems to have planes, hydro, or both, and the captain skill rework adding an additional anti-torpedo skill for battleship captains.

Either that or I am rusty as gently caress. Who knows? :shrug:

I will say I used to rack up damage with British torps, and the other day I was ecstatic that I managed to land two whole torpedos with my Cossack in one match.

Torpedoes are also bugged right now. If you’re turning while you fire, your torpedoes will kind of not exactly curve but drift in the direction of your turn.

https://youtu.be/3yFvJD7SQrQ

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Also what bundles are you guys talking about, i dont see any bundles anywhere, nur anything of those ominous "dutch cruisers".
Is this a test-server thing or something?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Also what bundles are you guys talking about, i dont see any bundles anywhere, nur anything of those ominous "dutch cruisers".

It's in the Armory, there's a section for the Dutch Cruiser early access. There you can trade 1k dubs for a random bundle that almost certainly won't give you the new T9 for free. There are also combat missions now for Dutch tokens which you can trade for the lower tier early access ships or for like flag bundles and stuff. If you buy crates you can get enough Dutch tokens to get perma camos and stuff. The perma camos look sick but not $$$ sick.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Turn on your monitor, there’s a big glowing DUTCH CRUISERS sign in the top left of the port screen.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ah, today there is.
Wasnt there when i turned off last night.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It used to be good but Wargaming nerfed it fifteen thousand times, so now it has the same gun dpm as a Yugumo. It's probably not unplayable and the Daring is still good, but if you want a good tier 9 ship as opposed to the tier 10 there are better choices.

Also the stock Jutland hull is awful and a downgrade from tier 8, so you have to free xp that and spend another few million credits.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

James Garfield posted:

It used to be good but Wargaming nerfed it fifteen thousand times, so now it has the same gun dpm as a Yugumo. It's probably not unplayable and the Daring is still good, but if you want a good tier 9 ship as opposed to the tier 10 there are better choices.

Also the stock Jutland hull is awful and a downgrade from tier 8, so you have to free xp that and spend another few million credits.

Ok, gonna leave it unlocked and unbought, like the Harugumo (which, as far as i gathered, also a downgrade in Tier-efficiency to the Kitakaze?)

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I like harugumo a lot. It's fine.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Harugumo has its charms but you have to play it like a British light cruiser rather than a do-anything destroyer like the Kitakaze.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
How bout the Neustrashimi then?
Im close to being able to afford her, how did she hold up?

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

I got pushed into silver ranked because the other team threw.

Pretty loving lame because I only have 2 this and they're both DDs, and I hate the Colorado when it's top tier, it's loving miserable uptiered.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Infidelicious posted:

I got pushed into silver ranked because the other team threw.

Pretty loving lame because I only have 2 this and they're both DDs, and I hate the Colorado when it's top tier, it's loving miserable uptiered.

Very little of this makes sense.

If you are in Silver, you can't use Colorado. If you are top tier, you are not uptiered.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

kaesarsosei posted:

Very little of this makes sense.

If you are in Silver, you can't use Colorado. If you are top tier, you are not uptiered.

I was in Bronze. Thus top tier was 7

Even when I was guaranteed top tier I didn't particularly like the Colorado, playing it in Randoms to get the NC was terrible and unfun because

A.) I prefer smaller games.
B.) Getting matched against things 2 Tiers above is miserable.
C.) Slow battleships aren't my jam, and the whole reason I didn't grind out US BB's before I got the free Colorado.

Now I'm in silver, and the only T8'+s I have are now the NC, and two DD's.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

tarbrush posted:

https://warships.net/tarbrush

Hey, my EU referral code, several days too late!

Turns out I can't use this as I invited you long ago. Of course, the website doesn't tell you this, it just says error and I had to wait on an answer from support.

Could someone else from EU post their invite link, please?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Darkrenown posted:

Turns out I can't use this as I invited you long ago. Of course, the website doesn't tell you this, it just says error and I had to wait on an answer from support.

Here you go:

https://warships.net/Panzerblitz

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Thanks!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Darkrenown posted:

lol

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Heard somewhere that theyre rebalancing a few captain skills, will there be a free respec again?
Missed the last one since i took a break, and most of my captains are skilled by someone whos never played the game before.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Heard somewhere that theyre rebalancing a few captain skills, will there be a free respec again?
Missed the last one since i took a break, and most of my captains are skilled by someone whos never played the game before.

Yes, next patch.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So I guess the Constellation, a Lexington-class battlecruiser, is a premium now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

It’s been all over, it’s festooned with gimmicks and sits so high out of the water I think it has helium ballast.

Why do I suck so much rear end in the Riga? The Dimitri Donskoi used to be my worst ship but I discovered it’s actually great. Meanwhile I’m stuck at like a 44% win rate in the Riga, which is miles tougher and seems in theory like it should be easier to play well.

I think part of it is that it’s quite bad at punishing DDs and that’s what I keep trying to do with it. Also I’m allergic to sitting bow in.

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 19, 2021

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Didn’t you quit Battuta? Why aren’t you on discord anymore :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

General Battuta posted:

It’s been all over, it’s festooned with gimmicks and sits so high out of the water I think it has helium ballast.

Eh, I'm a historian of Washington Treaty era naval warfare and I love battlecruisers (main Hood erryday). Plus I have a coupon.

EDIT: Da fudge does the Connie have torps?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Velius posted:

Didn’t you quit Battuta? Why aren’t you on discord anymore :(

I relapsed after a couple weeks :(

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

General Battuta posted:

Why do I suck so much rear end in the Riga? The Dimitri Donskoi used to be my worst ship but I discovered it’s actually great. Meanwhile I’m stuck at like a 44% win rate in the Riga, which is miles tougher and seems in theory like it should be easier to play well.

It's not just you the Riga is terrible. Win rates in individual ships don't mean much unless you're a weirdo that plays thousands of games in one ship, but the Riga has a reputation for being good from CC videos and it's completely undeserved.

The armor doesn't do much to help, if you're constantly getting stuck bow in to battleships in every cruiser the Riga will take longer to die but it'll still die and that specific problem has better solutions than armor.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
in an absolute twist of events, T7 brawls are basically "bring your own atlanta"
shame, could have been fun.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

in an absolute twist of events, T7 brawls are basically "bring your own atlanta"

Great example of how toxic radar is imo.

It's loving absurd that the only counter play as a DD is "be 10 or 12 km away"

Radar should counter smoke camping but it would make the game much more enjoyable if it didn't work through terrain.

Being able to sit in a completely safe location and control a 10km radius is the reason gunboat DDs are completely dominant past T7

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Yolomon Wayne posted:

idk man Atlanta isn't even like close to what I'd think of as a top tier ship for a T7 brawl. It's only chance against German BBs with torps is if they gently caress up and let you get inside 4km. It's also overmatched by everything, has no heal, and no invisible citadel to protect itself from BBs at close range. It also can't stealth radar, so if you're in a DD and you get surprised by it, that's on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Can someone explain to me the point of the brawl game mode? Like other than these 3 v 3s that all seem to have one Atlanta in them, what’s the point.

I played three matches, won three matches, and got bored real fast.