Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Toddlers love hiding things in various places don't they? I found toddler demon's sippy cup in a bag stuffed in a cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mustached Demon posted:

Toddlers love hiding things in various places don't they? I found toddler demon's sippy cup in a bag stuffed in a cabinet.

why is there a rock in this cup

why is this fake cereal box stuffed full of lego bricks

how the hell did you fit those giant blocks into that random cabinet

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I have an Apple TV remote permanently in my couch

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

fosborb posted:

I gave my rising 4th grader my old dslite + Chrono Trigger yesterday

drat thing still had a full charge after not being used for longer than the kid's been alive

update: kids these days don't know you have to save at specific spots or on the overworld or at all. kid played to 600 ad twice before being like, this is really really hard

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mustached Demon posted:

Ah, the Enveloping play schema!

Doesn't get the remote out of the couch, but at least you have a name for it.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
lmao imagine having kids when the planets dying instead of spending your last days before the collapse doing drugs and playing video games

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pobrecito posted:

lmao imagine having kids when the planets dying instead of spending your last days before the collapse doing drugs and playing video games

why not both

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pobrecito posted:

someone's gotta populate the roaming warbands

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

i can't wait until my kids are old enough to play paradox games :twisted:

I've shown my preK kids a few sim-type games, let them drive a train or plan a city and follow the fire trucks. The only actual games they've played are Pokemon and Crono Trigger. Pokemon because it was a segue to bug hunting, Crono because it's awesome.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pobrecito posted:

why would I imagine something that already happened. dumb.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Pobrecito posted:

It's because we did that that we got kids in the first place

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pobrecito posted:

Imagine caring

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pobrecito posted:

thats not very nice to say

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The OP:

Flavius Aetass posted:

DON'T:

- Question why someone would have a kid in this doomed earth, etc.
- Be a dick about the concept of having kids

The point being that it's not very original

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not only do i have one kid already but my wife is pregnant with another :twisted:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Mustached Demon posted:

The keys to my work car hidden in the bottom of the diaper bag... That was a fun week

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pobrecito posted:

you have it backwards, it's why your brain is hosed up op

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Is this the point when you got a different sub or a discord or something and tell everyone how you totally owned the posters in this thread

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Too late, I'm already entirely owned by my almost four year old being better at dinosaurs than me.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
man I fuckin hate dinosaurs.

like every time you think you know what's going on, your small child will constantly correct you that a particular dinosaur doesn't actually exist and their name is actually something else.

like goddammit just let me call it a brontosaurus

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

like every time you think you know what's going on, your small child will constantly correct you that a particular dinosaur doesn't actually exist and their name is actually something else.

For the love of god child, its DI-PLOD-I-CUS not DIP-LOW-DOKE-US!

On the other hand, she's mastered micropachycephalosaurus, so I guess its a draw.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

just hit em with this

https://youtu.be/4VOUhOm3BUQ

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my kid liked to watch some Korean Dino show and it was all about the newly discovered Asian dinos but the voice acting was so bad, when my kid can read she’s going to be a subs kid.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Several years back, we moved into our current apartment with our 1-year-old. We bought a new tv stand, and some magnetic locks for the tv stand's doors, to keep our toddler from rummaging through our games and DVDs. By the time I got around to installing them though, one of the locks had vanished.

Months later, I found the missing magnetic lock as I was digging through one the back of our kitchen cabinets for cookware. I set it on the kitchen counter and went back to getting dinner ready.

A few minutes later, my kid walked into the kitchen to ask for a drink. As I'm filling her sippy cup, she saw the magnetic lock resting on the counter. Without saying a word, she took the lock, climbed into the kitchen cabinet, and put it a back where I found it. Then she took her drink from me and left.

i love my kids but they are such sneaky little fuckers :argh:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Elissimpark posted:

For the love of god child, its DI-PLOD-I-CUS not DIP-LOW-DOKE-US!

On the other hand, she's mastered micropachycephalosaurus, so I guess its a draw.

I was so proud of my 4yo when she couldn't remember a dinosaur's name, so she went and looked it up in her talking dino book.:3:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
A storm knocked out the power and now I gotta talk to my kids until I can convince them to fall asleep…

And there’s no air conditioning

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

it’s so hard to escape copaganda in kids tv, I won the paw patrol battle but my kid loves this chip and potato show and I’m finally watching it and the dang dad is a pug cop, surprised he isn’t complaining about his panda neighbors like berenstein bears papa

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I think I'm fine with the dog man books because even though there are a lot of cops in them, none of em get guns or seem to know what they're doing.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

all of the cops in our toddler's books become "crossing guards" or stuff like that when we're reading them

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't have a kid but i have a dog which is basically the same thing.

well, not exactly the same, my dog is cuter and smarter than your hideous idiot kid.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Dolphin posted:

well, not exactly the same, my dog is cuter and smarter than your hideous idiot kid.

My kid poops in the potty sometimes.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Dolphin posted:

lmfao you gotta pick up your dog's poo poo with your bare hands and then carry it around in a little baggie and then when you get home you have to cut it up with a poop knife and shove it down the sink with lemons. owned.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I don't mind when baby finishes eating and throws the rest of his food on the floor. But he's been throwing 90% on the floor, eating the last bit and looking around for more, and it's driving me crazy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah that's kind of where mines at feeding wise. I try to mitigate as much as i can but I've just accepted that part of my day now is cleaning up and vacuuming after every mealtime, and sometimes also bathing the kid if she got it on her as well

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I'm no expert but cspam does not feel like an appropriate place to have a parent thread.

I have absolutely no dog in this fight for the record, but also don't understand why someone woke up and was like "you know what C-Spam needs? A parent thread!"

There's a very good and very active parenting thread in A/T for example without any of the conflict and negativity/viewpoints of the average poster that comes here.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Taima posted:

I'm no expert but cspam does not feel like an appropriate place to have a parent thread.

I have absolutely no dog in this fight for the record, but also don't understand why someone woke up and was like "you know what C-Spam needs? A parent thread!"

There's a very good and very active parenting thread in A/T for example without any of the conflict and negativity/viewpoints of the average poster that comes here.

this isn't a dog thread. it's a thread about having kids. jeez.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Taima posted:

I figured it was so we could bitch about Paw Patrol.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I like this thread and I think the majority of posters here are great and it's fun to have a smaller thread like this to share parenting stories and advice with like minded people. Not our fault that people keep jumping in to poo poo post and vanish.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Taima posted:

Thanks for your concern 👋

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Taima posted:

Thank you for your insight, kratom megathread poster. We should definitely move to the A&T parenting thread, where surely posts about how to deal with teaching kids about the world in an age appropriate way will not be met with a cacophony of ghouls shrieking about the divine truth of neoliberalism.