Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, that is a nice haul!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

da butt

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

sporklift posted:

Awesome. I was contemplating putting it in the mix when my wife walked in and said. "I like this. Put it in your mix." She did not enjoy the Prince song at the end though...

She is wrong about the prince song.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

That’s all of them.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Oh gently caress Pet Shop Boys - Can You Forgive Her? is my favorite song by them. Not only am I jealous of that I'm jealous of the haul in general. Whenever I find DJ/Radio records it's usually rappers no one has ever heard of (and for good reason) or extremely average disco music. The notable exception to this is my Tag Team Record.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Turbinosamente posted:

Oh gently caress Pet Shop Boys - Can You Forgive Her? is my favorite song by them. Not only am I jealous of that I'm jealous of the haul in general. Whenever I find DJ/Radio records it's usually rappers no one has ever heard of (and for good reason) or extremely average disco music. The notable exception to this is my Tag Team Record.

I pretty much grabbed the stuff I was into, the things that looked interesting, and weird white label promos. The dj seemed to have pretty good taste though. There was plenty of average disco music, and some fun disco music but I already had a copy, and then lots of house music that I had no idea if it was good or bad.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That's a great score. I'm jealous.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

What is the weirdest place you and your spouse have ever made whoopie?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

New BADBADNOTGOOD just went up for preorder https://badbadnotgoodofficial.bandcamp.com/album/talk-memory

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
those depeche mode records might be worth a lot, I know the albums go for lots on Discogs dunno about the singles

god I love Depeche Mode so much and don't own any of their records except a 7" of Just Can't Get Enough because I don't want to drop, like, $40 on a reprint of Violator :smith:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

abraham linksys posted:

those depeche mode records might be worth a lot, I know the albums go for lots on Discogs dunno about the singles

god I love Depeche Mode so much and don't own any of their records except a 7" of Just Can't Get Enough because I don't want to drop, like, $40 on a reprint of Violator :smith:

Walking in my shoes is definitely worth a couple bucks, but that’s also the one in the worst shape — at least the jacket. The record looks good but I haven’t played it yet. The others are all worth more than the $1.29 I paid for them. I wouldn’t be surprised if I could get $10-$15 for them if I tried to sell them.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

abraham linksys posted:

I will always kick myself for not picking up nearly every Depeche Mode record back in high school I was just getting into record collecting (2006) and Goodwilll had just about all of them. I bought 101 for my friend who introduced me to them and he put it in his car in the summer and now he has a completely bent melted copy of 101

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

None of you dudes pointed out that The Knife's Silent Shout was getting a reissue and the pre-order is now sold out. :smith:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

caligulamprey posted:

None of you dudes pointed out that The Knife's Silent Shout was getting a reissue and the pre-order is now sold out. :smith:

I didn't realize it had ever been discontinued. I bought it new a few years ago from a store in Urbana, IL and the Discogs entry made it seem like it has been available since 2006 from the label. Is the newer pressing on colored vinyl or something?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Arthur Verocai all over this album hell yeah let’s do this. :toot:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bloodplay it again posted:

is the newer pressing on colored vinyl or something?
There was a repress in 2013 but that's the last time it was around. This one's a new anniversary edition (the entire back catalog is being reissued one at a time) on color vinyl.

At least it brought the price down on Discogs. Last I checked it was Covid bloated to triple digits.

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.

abraham linksys posted:

I got a repress of Speak and Spell lately for cheap and also have some great reward and black celebration. I'd like to get Violator but there's no way I'd shell out that money for it. Got into DM for the stadium rock and stayed for the earlier stuff so YMMV.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Ballz posted:

Arthur Verocai all over this album hell yeah let’s do this. :toot:

Oh poo poo, I slammed the order button without even scrolling down to see that! Even more excited now

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Currently obsessed with this packaging; I'll be ordering this tomorrow after I get paid.

The idea for the tracklist is so cute!

I'll provide the link if anyone is interested. :) As you know, I'm horrible at describing genres, but I'd say this is a "not-quite-hip hop beats" album, a little experimental.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Welp my latest pickups aren't as impressive as BigFactory's but here they are:

My record players fixed! Life is worth living again! Maybe that's over dramatic by it was annoying to not be able to play things for the past two and a half weeks. Only had time to play most of one side of my test record:

I think I'll leave the ancient Shure cartridge on it for now, it still sounds great and the auto start likes the lighter cart anyways.

To celebrate I went to another record shop up the street and mostly cleaned them out of Sparks records. We're going all in baby! Guess the documentary didn't make them any more popular in my area I was apparently the first/only person to do this.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Nice

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Finally snagged a "from the vault" of idib - after dark 2 and this is peak Johnny Jewel decadence of 2 songs per side. (After dark 3 has more reasonable 3-4 songs per side).

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I forgot that Angst in My Pants comes after Whomp that Sucker so people should get that too.

Turbinosamente posted:

Welp my latest pickups aren't as impressive as BigFactory's but here they are:

My record players fixed! Life is worth living again! Maybe that's over dramatic by it was annoying to not be able to play things for the past two and a half weeks. Only had time to play most of one side of my test record:

I think I'll leave the ancient Shure cartridge on it for now, it still sounds great and the auto start likes the lighter cart anyways.

To celebrate I went to another record shop up the street and mostly cleaned them out of Sparks records. We're going all in baby! Guess the documentary didn't make them any more popular in my area I was apparently the first/only person to do this.

It'll probably be a while until that jerkoffery catches up with actual stores. Right now it's just discogs and ebay sellers going hogwild on people who don't have access to record stores and are too stupid to know any better. Ultimately the movie is still a little bit niche considering it's a limited release documentary from a director that only nerds care about.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

CPL593H posted:

I forgot that Angst in My Pants comes after Whomp that Sucker so people should get that too.

It'll probably be a while until that jerkoffery catches up with actual stores. Right now it's just discogs and ebay sellers going hogwild on people who don't have access to record stores and are too stupid to know any better. Ultimately the movie is still a little bit niche considering it's a limited release documentary from a director that only nerds care about.

True, I just though that I'd missed that little grace period before stores notice and re-price their inventory. And hey the Anvil documentary from years ago upped their popularity quite a bit and was almost as limited from a total unknown director.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Turbinosamente posted:

True, I just though that I'd missed that little grace period before stores notice and re-price their inventory. And hey the Anvil documentary from years ago upped their popularity quite a bit and was almost as limited from a total unknown director.

Sparks have always had a good sized following they just weren't a household name in America. They were much bigger in England and they did have hits. Ron and Russel have been pretty consistently making music for nearly 50 years. By contrast Anvil: The Story of Anvil is more of a novelty and I don't think people ever took them much more seriously than as a real life Spinal Tap and the film as an entertaining underdog story. People are pretty much gone back to forgetting them.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

CPL593H posted:

Sparks have always had a good sized following they just weren't a household name in America. They were much bigger in England and they did have hits. Ron and Russel have been pretty consistently making music for nearly 50 years. By contrast Anvil: The Story of Anvil is more of a novelty and I don't think people ever took them much more seriously than as a real life Spinal Tap and the film as an entertaining underdog story. People are pretty much gone back to forgetting them.

Well that and their albums are super up and down. I've taken the stance that generally you're somewhat safe with first four Anvil albums but after that it gets real dicey. And lately the random on my MP3 player insists on playing a lot of Anvil and even I am noticing questionable lyricism on the newer ones (I'm that person who largely ignores the lyrics unless it's super bad). poo poo, I took three albums off of that player because I got sick of them real quick, one of which is their latest. You know the one it made the internet rounds for the dumb cover. Also Anvil isn't quite Spinal Tap; Spinal Tap was about fictional hasbeens, Anvil was about real life never was.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I was in an empty but kinda nice bar last Saturday and big bottom came on the speakers. It was kind of surreal.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Hi I am lightening my possessions and one is my records. I have mostly indie from early 2010s. I am the OG owner of a majority and I never played a lot. I bet some have their download codes that still work lol.

My SA-Mart thread is here for calling dibs
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973634

And for those not wanting to go to the Mart thead here is the gSheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rw1n2ncwIkauaN1Cy6boRWSvjZSYO97mQGU2oXW6W8w/edit#gid=1837254943

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 16, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

cheese eats mouse posted:

Hi I am lightening my possessions and one is my records. I have mostly indie from early 2010s. I am the OG owner of a majority and I never played a lot. I bet some have their download codes that still work lol.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rw1n2ncwIkauaN1Cy6boRWSvjZSYO97mQGU2oXW6W8w/edit#gid=1837254943

I'd love to call dibs on Fleet Foxes self titled album, please. :)

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

cheese eats mouse posted:

Posted my wants over in the SA-Mart thread

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I guess at some point there were Millions of Dead Cops reissues for RSD and I find that kind of funny.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Instacop on that BBNG

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

IG-88 posted:

Instacop on that BBNG

yea that was a quick decision buy. Arthur Verocai all over that record might be kinda great. willing to take the risk here.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Millions of Dead Instacops.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

A friend who works at a record shop just scored this very good find:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

A friend who works at a record shop just scored this very good find:

I'm really disappointed by the lack of beagle in the drawing.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The artist died before it could be completed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
more rando pickups. The Rorem 3rd is really nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Either this thread is truly over RSD or everybody's still standing in line. I was successfully able to purchase over priced re releases today even though my rear end stood out in the rain for it like a good little consumer whore.