Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Solvent posted:

I think bone broth has boiled carcass until the bones have demineralized and turned to jello.

That's what stock is. Bone broth is a marketing term.

also you can make your own stock when you buy rotisserie chicken and store it in your chest freezer

AlphaKeny1 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
Charmin was replaced with an unrecognized brand for around the same price. I tried to tell if it was as good but the rolls were wrapped in tissue so I couldn't really tell. Anyone try it yet?

Also it turns out my Costco is in the middle of a huge pan-Asian community, and has a lot of items that I'm not sure are stocked at other stores.

Not pictured:
Dried Goji Berries
Carbon steel wok
A few very nice rice cookers
Korean popsickles (Coconut, mango, melon flavor) which are very good

Next time I go I'll try to spot more unique stuff. Maybe they sell the bugolgi bakes somewhere?

Phraggah fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 16, 2021

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
What are the “Seasoning” bottles?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

david_a posted:

Maggi seasoning, a flavor enhancer similar to Worcestershire sauce in that it's thin, dark, and extremely potent

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Does anyone have any experience using Costco for custom closets? I have two walk-in closets that need finishing and that 10% cash back would likely be a pretty nice bonus.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Buy that oyster sauce if youve never had it, its so good. just dump it on some plain noodles and eat

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Wait, is that drurie (probably not even close) fruit or whatever… the one they banned in public spaces?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

namlosh posted:

Wait, is that drurie (probably not even close) fruit or whatever… the one they banned in public spaces?

Durian, and it looks like it! Freezing it I think gets rid of a good amount of the smell?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

david_a posted:

Liquid msg. Delicious delicious liquid msg. Drop a couple drops in yer beer next time with some lemon juice! Yum

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

namlosh posted:

Durian smell is bad but extremely overrated, and I'm assuming it's vacuum sealed pulp so it wouldn't smell unless it's punctured or damaged. Durian is an odd/bad smelling fruit that tastes pretty good if you can get past the smell; it's not objectively horrifying like balut

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Buy that oyster sauce if youve never had it, its so good. just dump it on some plain noodles and eat

Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce + sesame oil on plain noodles (as in cooked but no soup) is sososo good

over-medium egg on toast with maggi drizzled over the egg is my comfort food. that giant rear end costco maggi will last a long time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its a total must for stir fry sauces.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

durrneez posted:

Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce + sesame oil on plain noodles (as in cooked but no soup) is sososo good

Hell yeah. And if you got that dried shredded pork cotton stuff to put on it too then its perfect

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I was returning something to Costco and the power went out, then their emergency generator didn't kick on spooky

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Am I live posting the end times from Costco??

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

no onion dispenser it must be the end times

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
See if you can swipe a couple onions and a knife set and stock the onion dispenser while the lights are off.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

See if you can swipe a couple onions and a knife set and stock the onion dispenser while the lights are off.

The hero we need

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
I know onions are long gone but does anyone have brown mustard at their churches? I went to one in MA yesterday and they only had trash yellow mustard and ketchup.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
theyve never had brown mustard at my locations. that sounds like some kinda extra fancy costco poo poo

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Horn posted:

I know onions are long gone but does anyone have brown mustard at their churches? I went to one in MA yesterday and they only had trash yellow mustard and ketchup.

You can bring a small bottle of it in your purse or pockets. If you always have emergency mustard on hand you never have to worry about anything again.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Horn posted:

Dedham usually has grey poupon

You just have to buy a double pack off it

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Dedham usually has grey poupon

You just have to buy a double pack off it

Use one of the jars as an in-store communion dipping jar, pop that sucker open and just jam the dog right in, dijon all up in that business

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I noticed my church has a fat pack of chicken meat pulled from not-sold-in-time rotisserie chickens for like, $12.

Is that a decent deal, because it looks like at least 3 birds worth of meat?

I’m teetering on my decision precipice.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m curious because this is always something I do but how do they get all the meat off those chickens? Skilled employees? A badass machine?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Right? The meat in those packs looks a lot cleaner and, I don’t know how else to put it, *thicker* than what I shred from the birds I take home.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It’s because it’s not chicken it’s ostrich.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

This big boy was from a Costco pack of bulbs planted two years ago. I'm chillin and enjoying the gentle sweet smell of lillies and drinking a beer on the porch.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

CaptainCrunch posted:

I noticed my church has a fat pack of chicken meat pulled from not-sold-in-time rotisserie chickens for like, $12.

For already cooked, shredded chicken breast it's probably pretty good cost-wise. I'd bet it freezes pretty decently if you separate it out into manageable portions.

For my money, you can't beat the containers of 8 rotisserie chicken quarters they sell for 5 buckaroonies, though.

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009
The sealed packs of breast meat aren't from timed out birds, they're delivered to us like that. It's similar to the rotisserie meat but slightly denser or something? idk must be from how they cook it/seal it at the plant. We use it in the deli chicken salad so if you've bought that you'll know what it's like.

The breast meat that's harvested by employees at the store gets chilled and used in deli entrees.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Mercury Hat posted:

For already cooked, shredded chicken breast it's probably pretty good cost-wise. I'd bet it freezes pretty decently if you separate it out into manageable portions.

For my money, you can't beat the containers of 8 rotisserie chicken quarters they sell for 5 buckaroonies, though.

Wait there are packages of parts equalling two whole rotisserie chickens for $5?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Well drat, that’s cool to learn, thank you. (I love having an inside line, a member of the clergy if you will, here to educate us.) That’s what I do with my chickens. Portion out and seal servings so I don’t have to do much thinking and cooking after work during the week. Especially in the summer.

Also I don’t believe I’ve seen the quartered chicken pack. Is that in the same area? The row by the rotisserie chickens is always slammed so I rarely spend any time browsing. Just grab burd and gtfo.
I will make the effort on my next run, likely Monday. Grab one of each!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, I have the best luck if I've gone around opening time on a weekday, like Tue-Wed-Thu. They don't have many and not all the time but they keep them with the packs of breast meat, the big premade salads, the ribs, that kinda stuff.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Speaking of opening times, Costco is going back to normal hours on the 26th (open at 10am on weekdays rather than 9am). Not sure if it's just the ones around here or all across the US. The hour early open was supposed to just be for seniors but they never seemed to care about that at my Costco after the first few months of the pandemic.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the early open times at stores are for everyone who is at high risk for covid complications, so it would be kind of a dick move to interrogate non-old-looking people about why they're in the store

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Hey we found the one Costco w liqour in the state. Which Kirkland brand booze do we want

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

DeesGrandpa posted:

Hey we found the one Costco w liqour in the state. Which Kirkland brand booze do we want

You can look up the name brand equivalent for the Kirkland liquors, otherwise the big get is the strawberry and regular margarita mix and the Kirkland hard seltzer, but the hard seltzer is a bit polarizing taste-wise

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Wait there are packages of parts equalling two whole rotisserie chickens for $5?

Yeah, 8 leg quarters for $5, back with the taco kits, soups, etc. They don't always have them, but I always grab a pack when I see them.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

DeesGrandpa posted:

The blended Scotch is excellent - $18/handle over here in Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

CaptainCrunch posted:

I was a big fan of using these for a while. They're very convenient and made it easier to have some kind of protein quickly when I wasn't in the mood to do anything else. I don't think it comes out to a big price difference either way on pure meat cost per ounce (I've never cared enough to weigh the meat from a rotisserie chicken, so I don't know this), but the meat from the rotisserie birds tastes way better. If you have a use for the carcass or just prefer thigh meat, rotisserie is a clear value win.

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah, 8 leg quarters for $5, back with the taco kits, soups, etc. They don't always have them, but I always grab a pack when I see them.

This, however, is by far a better deal and I'm going to have to look harder for them.