Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Really? I sort of dismissed the spirex but will see if it grows on me as I bring it up to 5 forma

Edit: I also have a massive bias towards spray and pray weapons rather than precise one shot mega damage guns, so that may be at play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

hazardousmouse posted:

Really? I sort of dismissed the spirex but will see if it grows on me as I bring it up to 5 forma

Edit: I also have a massive bias towards spray and pray weapons rather than precise one shot mega damage guns, so that may be at play

Oh, I also like hand cannons a lot. It's also one of those guns that quite likes Hemorrhage, since it has a forced impact proc on direct hit. Just have to skip Lethal Torrent and it's right there under 2.5.

I'm using this build, but with Primed Fulmination instead of the faction mod.
https://overframe.gg/build/180615/tenet-spirex/tenet-spirex-general-use/

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Some of these new gun mods look very cool. Hemorrhage's x2 chance if fire rate is below some threshold is neat. Giving slower weapons a better chance of applying statuses is a nice idea for a mod.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Echophonic posted:

Ended up mulching the Riven. :rip:
maybe i'm reading the wf.m listings wrong but dont these trade for a couple hundred plat at least, even unrolled?

But i almost never mulch rivens unless theyre literally worth less than the slot so

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

RoadCrewWorker posted:

maybe i'm reading the wf.m listings wrong but dont these trade for a couple hundred plat at least, even unrolled?

But i almost never mulch rivens unless theyre literally worth less than the slot so

The Cycron a few months ago? Absolutely not.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
:siren: So I've been seeing alot of new players around lately and I wanted to give a warning about the tennocon relays so we don't lose anymore players tofrom the sunk cost fallacy simulator we play. :siren:

:siren: DE does not take kindly if you get invited to the Tennocon Relay without buying a tennocon pass. So be careful with the invites going out. It has uber baro. :siren:

The tennolive relay on earth is the one you will want to join during the devstream today! This one you do not need a tennocon pass for and is open for everyone.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 17, 2021

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Five minute warning

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
btw if you don't see the lil progress bar for the Vastilok you need to unlink from your twitch profile, not from the warframe page

you can then relink on the warframe page

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I do not have stairs in my home.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Is it my ISP or are the servers blowing up under the load of players? Tons of "Network not responding" errors, leaving navigation takes ages, even deploying an extractor is a 10s job...

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 17, 2021

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

FishMcCool posted:

Is it my ISP or are the servers blowing up under the load of players? Tons of "Network not responding" errors, leaving navigation takes ages, even deploying an extractor is a 10s job...

It's a tsunami of players.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Don't do anything important, just hang out in the Tennolive relay. I'm seeing "network not responding" on and off but it's not actually failing, and it's reconnecting fine.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Not 30 minutes into the stream and their brand new Floof merch has already sold out. What a loving goldmine they built!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol I can't log in to the game or to their website, looks like I have the day off

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Don't do anything important, just hang out in the Tennolive relay. I'm seeing "network not responding" on and off but it's not actually failing, and it's reconnecting fine.

Got a twitch drop and made the mistake of leaving the relay to try and look at it, now I've been logged out lol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

TheMostFrench posted:

Got a twitch drop and made the mistake of leaving the relay to try and look at it, now I've been logged out lol

Same

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I just woke up whats been announced so far.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

anyone else not getting credit for loki prime yet, after claiming the gunblade? I'm assuming it's related to everything else warframe related dying right now lol

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Babe Magnet posted:

anyone else not getting credit for loki prime yet, after claiming the gunblade? I'm assuming it's related to everything else warframe related dying right now lol

Loki doesn't start counting until 5 EST.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah I can't even get past "Checking for updates"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ah, i thought it was just cumulative, good to know.

Hopefully I can get into the relay by then for the other stuff

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Loki doesn't start counting until 5 EST.
EDT

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Good call, I usually just say ET to avoid that.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What is actually happening at the earth relay?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if it's anything like last year, at the special tennocon relay they're going to start teleporting people to special rooms during Tennolive so you can see big key models like main characters, enemies, etc. from the New War and they'll explain them in detail.

Also, next prime reveal during the art panel.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Never forget

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

FunkyFjord posted:

I just woke up whats been announced so far.

nothing but nidus prime is leaked out there apparently

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

managed to get back into the game, taking my rear end to a relay lol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Unsurprisingly, I'm getting crashed out of the game.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

reddit posted:

(RE: Loki prime) never playing warframe again. Why make a locked prime warframe thats super rare, free for everyone? Ruin the exclusivity of for all loyal players who played since then. He isnt even top tier anymore cause DE keeps adding stronger frames over the course of time. Disgusting behavior.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What is actually happening at the earth relay?
During the main event they teleport you to stuff they're announcing, stuff like that. you need to be in the tennolive relay for it to happen

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, they must have gotten roughly a billion complaint tickets over the Twitch change.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
basically no chance of getting in is there, servers seem completely overwhelmed

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

you also get these if you're in the relay until the end (longsword skin and armor)

you have like three hours to get into the relay

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Martout posted:

basically no chance of getting in is there, servers seem completely overwhelmed

I just got in like 10 min ago, keep trying.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao what an extremely Pablo warframe idea

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

whats the warframe idea?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah, that was an extremely cool idea, but he's 100% right that companion AI is way too slow for run and gun.

Sharkopath posted:

whats the warframe idea?

The idea was a trio of frames based on the Fates of Greek myth. You'd be controlling one and swapping back and forth between them. He's forever left it on the 'old ideas' pile because he wants them to be more dynamic than they really can do with how fast players move.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah while you were one, the other two would be companion NPCs. It sounds cool and then you remember what warframe actually looks like while you're playing it and you realize it just wouldn't work outside of like defense missions lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Pablo is a good designer in Warframe but he would be godlike in a game whose resource mechanics and pacing were actually built to accomodate his work. So much of what doesn't really jive in Warframe comes down to "well you can technically implement it but the balance of incentives is such that it's pointless or overkill."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Or even just early Warframe would have greatly benefited from having modern Pablo.

Pablo likes setups and ability-combo-mechanic stuff and meters, and Warframe is just too dedicated to hellguns that wipe rooms instantly for any of that to work at full potential.

e: and when DE does add stuff that doesn't immediately get wiped by megablasters (like Liches) they're all immune to warframe abilities anyway lol