Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I didn't watch the OG/Nigma rematch before the grand finals but in the first BO3 yeah Nigma played against it exactly the wrong way because they didn't know what the gameplan was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
33 is the best Chen player because of that one time he solo killed a full hp Antimage.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Talking about offmeta, notail didn't even buy locket on chen.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Zurreco posted:

33 is the best Chen player because of that one time he solo killed a full hp Antimage.

I remember ppd did this on nip, what game did 33 do it on?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Was that pdd? Even better - ppd is now the best Chen ever.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it appears it was Ppd
https://m.facebook.com/m0remmr/videos/ppd-chen-solo-kill-on-am/2602398163322741/
content warning: grandgrant

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
I wonder if jungle stacking will be nerfed by making the stacker get less, jungle creeps giving less gold, lane creeps giving even more gold ? gold being deleted and wood becoming the main resource ? let me buy creep upgrades ice frog its time to go full custom game again

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

ZionestLord posted:

I wonder if jungle stacking will be nerfed by making the stacker get less, jungle creeps giving less gold, lane creeps giving even more gold ? gold being deleted and wood becoming the main resource ? let me buy creep upgrades ice frog its time to go full custom game again

Jungle creeps now give wood which you can use to buy neutral items

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Arzachel posted:

Jungle creeps now give wood which you can use to buy neutral items

Why do you guys want to see every carry have a Possesed Mask, every core a Chipped Vest, every support a Philo Stone etc

Like I said last time, there simply aren't enough neutral items to be reactionary with your choice. There's rarely more than 1 or maybe 2,items of each tier that a given role would want.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Neutral items should be across the board nerfed given the random swing factor. They should be small bumps not massive spikes.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
most of them arent massive spikes, there are just a few that are

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Remember when tome of aghanim existed and it was removed no more than 24 hours after it existed?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

EorayMel posted:

Remember when tome of aghanim existed and it was removed no more than 24 hours after it existed?

That was the one that gave you the scepter buff for like 30 sec? And it was a t1/2 item?

It was hysterical because some heroes can't drop the scepter so it broke them. Did you get a permanent meepo clone or some nonsense?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

EorayMel posted:

7.23 | Created.

7.23a | Removed.

Tbf it was broken AF. How Le Frog thought that was a good idea idk.

edit:

list of removed nuetrals has some fun stuff on it I'd forgotten, drat.

https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/Neutral_Items#Removed

Ravus fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 17, 2021

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
hahahah Iron Talent and PMS removed, added, removed again.

Also it's clear that they were trying to have the neuts have some sort of give and take scenario, some give buffs but have negatives, as a balance mechanism. It's not a bad idea, but honestly it's too much randomness on how it aligns with your team. I think one option is to reduce it so you get only one or two of each level (maybe only one t4/5, but two t1/2/3).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

That was the one that gave you the scepter buff for like 30 sec? And it was a t1/2 item?

It was hysterical because some heroes can't drop the scepter so it broke them. Did you get a permanent meepo clone or some nonsense?

It was like 5 minutes lol

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
not sure if anyone mentioned but envy said on stream that for some unannounced bts tournament he's going to be playing with the following stack: 1. envy 2. gunnar 3. moo 4. zfreak 5. husky

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That’s hilarious

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

why does anyone want to play wih EE at this point?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
You'd think they'd know better after all this time but I guess they see something we don't

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Andrast posted:

From Moonmeander's story, I'm guessing BTS just reached out to EE directly and said "hey if you can get a team together we'll invite you to our tournament" and so your options are not go to the tournament or accept EE's invite and maybe get some money

I was thinking about this the other day when trying to imagine how an ability draft tournament might work but I never see like...tournament applications, you know? Like "hey if you have a team and want to participate, fill out this form." It sounds like if you want to get invited to these T2/T3 tournaments you have to know someone, and EE is the guy who knows the most people. Like, how he was even able to do the thing Moonmeander mentioned where he basically stole a team's BTS slot, because the organizers weren't talking to the whole team, they were just DMing EE

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My question is how does he keep getting invited? Like yeah he knows the most people but he's personally hosed over like 60% of them

Clearly the solution is to have EE cast at a BTS tournament

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Andrast posted:

i think 4zoomers disbanded and what other carry is there to play with other than envy. the pool of talent in na is super, super small compared to most regions. but afaik what happened is that husky wanted to play with moo, moo wanted to play with envy and also play 3, and gunnar wanted to play with husky i guess. envy also said that moo was the person who put the roster together.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

My question is how does he keep getting invited? Like yeah he knows the most people but he's personally hosed over like 60% of them

He can’t keep getting away with it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

i think 4zoomers disbanded and what other carry is there to play with other than envy. the pool of talent in na is super, super small compared to most regions. but afaik what happened is that husky wanted to play with moo, moo wanted to play with envy and also play 3, and gunnar wanted to play with husky i guess. envy also said that moo was the person who put the roster together.

just get some pubstar to do it, they might even end up being super good

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
there are two good carries in NA (arteezy and yawar to a lesser extent), two mediocre carries (sammyboy and envy), and then a whole bunch of dog players. envy gets on teams because there just arent that many carries (or players in general) in NA. the only other good option would be hfn and i doubt hfn really wants to play in NA.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

EE's been friends with Godz since before either of them entered the greater dota conscience is mostly how. It's like how Bulba was the one who approved whether or not people could get into the NADL inhouse games even though it was supposed to be just an MMR requirement, if he didn't like someone he just wouldn't vouch them. Some people just have more access than others and if you want to get past a certain threshold you have to have connections, and EE has the connections.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Timado is good, but he's playing out of region. if I was putting a team together I'd probably look in eu or sa for a carry. Envy will be fine for a one off tourney but he's not the guy for longterm success.

rip to the 4Zoomers. you had some good showings last year but could not touch the top 3 teams this year.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Pamela Springstein posted:

Timado is good, but he's playing out of region. if I was putting a team together I'd probably look in eu or sa for a carry. Envy will be fine for a one off tourney but he's not the guy for longterm success.

rip to the 4Zoomers. you had some good showings last year but could not touch the top 3 teams this year.

idk what it is but honestly the team did not feel the same after monkeys got kicked. it was a pretty deserved kick - monkeys was barely playing the game at the time and wasnt playing pubs at all afaik - but still.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

OD is casting pub games for content, it's pretty fun. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVyS03hqHXI4ndnZiRjHbtA/videos

Sampatrick posted:

not sure if anyone mentioned but envy said on stream that for some unannounced bts tournament he's going to be playing with the following stack: 1. envy 2. gunnar 3. moo 4. zfreak 5. husky

Yeeees thank you BTS. Lets leak a date next!

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Ravus posted:

OD is casting pub games for content, it's pretty fun. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVyS03hqHXI4ndnZiRjHbtA/videos

Yeeees thank you BTS. Lets leak a date next!

gunnar said on stream that he cant confirm any tournaments but if there was one it would probably be announced soon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
I’m watching a bts rerun and it’s sunsfan and synd and I’m enjoying Aging Millenial cast. Always liked sunsfan tbh

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Smythe posted:

I’m watching a bts rerun and it’s sunsfan and synd and I’m enjoying Aging Millenial cast. Always liked sunsfan tbh

sunsfan + synd is a fantastic duo. Imo sunsfan needs synd's deadpan to really shine, but together they are very enjoyable. Synd fits in with pretty much any anyone though...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Ravus posted:

sunsfan + synd is a fantastic duo. Imo sunsfan needs synd's deadpan to really shine, but together they are very enjoyable. Synd fits in with pretty much any anyone though...

Sunsfan just called lothars lothars so basically goldmine immediately

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

old people who dont give poo poo own:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

New BTS rule: the meepo rule. If you win a game with meepo it counts as two wins.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

RisqueBarber posted:

old people who dont give poo poo own:

youre one to talk, old rear end mf

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Get his rear end

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Smythe posted:

youre one to talk, old rear end mf

i miss our tf2 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
this is like watching a bunch of 50 year year olds make fun of a 60 year old for calling a 70 year old a boomer