Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DuhSal posted:

when is ryo coming back? I'd like to see her with a full touring crowd now

Probably not for a little while at least. She's quite busy with SEAdlinnng. I'd bet VENY shows up by the end of the year though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1416312171139538948

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

owns

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
news so big it forced dave to write a normal sentence

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pretty sad that they had to cheat by booking a bunch of good shows in a row in order to convince fans that this show will be booked well

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wazzu posted:

I really enjoyed the show this week, but didn't enjoy the finish to Christian and Hardy, just felt weird that at 8 Christian got up into the ring, Hardy turned away and kill switch.

Yeah match was good, finish was not, moreover the Killswitch is a bad finisher with an awkward elaborate setup.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

duckdealer posted:

It also calls the event All Out 2021: Where Champions Are Made. Make of that what you will.

It's what Cody called Chicago is the announcement promo, probably because he thinks Chicagoans are marks for people putting our city over (he's right.) Plus belts are going to change hands/waists.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Why isn't Jake Roberts managing Chaos Project with Luther bringing out Serpentico in a bag

Been saying this

That act needs a mouthpiece a whole lot more than Archer does. Heck, he usually pushes Jake out of frame and does the entire promo himself these days.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saddling Malakai with them would be even funnier.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah match was good, finish was not, moreover the Killswitch is a bad finisher with an awkward elaborate setup.

Yeah it's weird that Christian is so married to a crappy finisher that isn't really that over - like he's been doing it for years and I've never really cared about it.

I skipped some pages so maybe it's been discussed already but can we talk about how good Ricky Starks' spear looked on Cage? Best spear I've seen in aaaaages.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Chaos Project don't really need a mouthpiece, they're more of a pantomime thing.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

My Lovely Horse posted:

It really is and it cracks me up every time Christian uses it. I like it as a move but man its got like a 75% chance of being countered.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Why would Chaos Project need a manager/mouthpiece when you have Luther screeching "We're Winners!" at the top of his lungs.

And it's me; I like the Killswitch.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Killswitch does indeed stink, for the reasons mentioned and because you have no control over how good it looks. The person taking it can either faceplant nicely or be overly safe about it.

I feel like all of Christian's signature moves were always weird and too elaborate. Maybe he can just take the Impaler DDT as an ode to Gangrel.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’d be fine if he did that falling reverse DDT as his finish

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dacap posted:

I’d be fine if he did that falling reverse DDT as his finish

Yeah, that’s his best looking signature move.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

The Killswitch does indeed stink, for the reasons mentioned and because you have no control over how good it looks. The person taking it can either faceplant nicely or be overly safe about it.

I feel like all of Christian's signature moves were always weird and too elaborate. Maybe he can just take the Impaler DDT as an ode to Gangrel.

I mean I think it's one of the reasons Juice Robinson has hit a wall in New Japan. The move just doesn't look good or looks good on set up

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Revolution also get the best numbers of a non-WWE PPV since '99?

Like, wow.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

The TayKO also looks goofy for similar reasons, she used it again for one of her more recent matches and I hope it’s not a permanent change and she sticks to the DDTay.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Saddling Malakai with them would be even funnier.

"...and as Dr. Luther die from the poison and sink into the water, he shrieked at the Snakeman 'WHY!? WHY WOULD YOU DO IT!?' and the Snakeman replied 'It is my nature.'"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

smarxist posted:

"...and as Dr. Luther die from the poison and sink into the water, he pointed at his head and stuck his tongue out"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should bring in Danhausen to manage chaos project and they could be the COBRA of Dark/Elevation. Have them go full Saturday morning super villain.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Pretty sad that they had to cheat by booking a bunch of good shows in a row in order to convince fans that this show will be booked well

This made me lol in real life thank you for that. The thing that made me laugh the most is I could see some idiot making this argument unironically.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's basically most of the bad wrestling opinions thread at this point

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Vince MechMahon posted:

They should bring in Danhausen to manage chaos project and they could be the COBRA of Dark/Elevation. Have them go full Saturday morning super villain.

I know Danhausen seems to be doing fine without AEW and his act might not work on TV, but this would be awesome. On the other hand Maki and OC did fine.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1416462373943136262

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1416462851271798786?s=19

The unsackable Fuego Sol.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Other matches announced are:
Big Shotty Lee & Brock Anderson v. The Gun Club
Angelico v. Jungle Boy
Dante Martin v. Shawn Dean
Zachariah v. Lance Archer
Hikaru Shida v. Dulce Tormenta
Probably a few more to come, and it's all been posted in the spoiler thread for a week.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Angelico v. Jungle Boy
Dante Martin v. Shawn Dean
Zachariah v. Lance Archer
Hikaru Shida v. Dulce Tormenta
Probably a few more to come, and it's all been posted in the spoiler thread for a week.

Angelico vs Jungle Boy sounds good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Got my AEW Chicago tickets in the mail today!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Dustin & Arn with big smiles watching Brock turn on Lee Johnson like a couple of little league dads watching their kids charge the mound and rumble

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wazzu posted:

I really enjoyed the show this week, but didn't enjoy the finish to Christian and Hardy, just felt weird that at 8 Christian got up into the ring, Hardy turned away and kill switch.

Yeah I have no idea what was up with that finish. It felt like we missed a couple of steps on the way, but it didn't tarnish the match

quote:

But good show, Penelope Ford Vs. Sakazaki was good and I liked that the crowd were into her. With just 1 month, what the heck will she even do?

Kick rear end, be magical, charm people.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Ultramantis Black.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man I'm even more stoked to go to this show in 2 months, they're def gonna do some big poo poo for it. time to bring in Okada lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Tired: Okada v Omega
Wired: Takagi v Fenix

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Feugo is gonna be at AEW shows every week until they go out of business and somehow never gets signed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1416476032748691459

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Ryback v 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

If we're talking about how bad and overly complicated the Killswitch is, can we also talk about how bad and overly complicated the One Winged Angel is? Like just hit a Michinoku Driver, you don't need to awkward shuffle the guy around on your shoulders for 10 seconds before to give it more impact.