Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bedpan posted:

alien's first words will be "I like everything but country and rap"

Deltron gonna gently caress them up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhqcLMM3_KQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

bedpan posted:

alien's first words will be "I like everything but country and rap"

if only they had abducted a bisexual with adhd

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

gonna be nothing but poor migratory birds like district9

greys are takin er jerbs

[Earth has adopted the Xenophobe government ethic]

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

Rah! posted:

tiny lue show us the paralyzation wands

they have to have at least one. those Australian Aliens didn’t seem careful or discrete at all, barreling down country roads and poo poo, zapping all the nearby townies into stupor, like no my dude you got lost in that corn field all by yourself stop taking it out on the hunams.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

inferis posted:

the aliens love bluegrass and hate jazz? yikes

makes em sound like space nazis but they apparently also really like a certain stringed instrument from Africa (not sure which one)

maybe they're still space nazis though

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

imagine how confused biden gets when they start telling him about UAPs and show him the crazy scifi looking videos

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Wheeee posted:

imagine how confused biden gets when they start telling him about UAPs and show him the crazy scifi looking videos

whoa man, with time dilation these 19 year olds look 13, man

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Vomik posted:

whoa man, with time dilation these 19 year olds look 13, man

travelling at the speed of light and then looping back so i can see how tall a 30 year old barron trump would be

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

The US Space Force is developing the global system to identify potential "targets" up to 36,000km away, in areas of deep space where a lot of military satellites are positioned.
Wait since when are there military satellites 36,000 k's away and wtf are they for??

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Wait since when are there military satellites 36,000 k's away and wtf are they for??

you know

lookin' at stuff

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
the moon is 380 000 km from earth

thats probably not an alien nor deep impact thing

just a gently caress the chinese kinda thing

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

36000km is geostationary orbit. not sure how much military hardware is that far out, but its believable target distance.

edit: not enough ks lmao

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Jul 17, 2021

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

36km is geostationary orbit. not sure how much military hardware is that far out, but its believable target distance.

Whoa ok, I didn't realize it was that close. Orbits are loving massive! The article I guess predictably uses the term deep space completely wrong.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
i mean the article could have a typo? if its 36.000 metric miles and not kilometers then they're actually at moon distance scanning things and uh... no man made satellites out that far(edit: i read the thing instead and: "Col Walker says it will be able to detect an object the size of a football up to 36,000km (22,400 miles) away." not a typo)

could also be that theyre giving the geostationary orbit distance as a "business as usual" answer when in reality theyre doing one that does moon distance scanning

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Jul 17, 2021

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

If you drove at a constant 100 mph to the moon, it would take about 14 weeks to get there.

Apollo 11 moved at a speed of about 2,000 mph and it took them about 4 days to get to the moon.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Slavvy posted:

Whoa ok, I didn't realize it was that close. Orbits are loving massive! The article I guess predictably uses the term deep space completely wrong.

It's not it's 36k km

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

So I just re-read TAAs original the posts and decided to discuss it with my wife. Yesterday was her birthday and has decided it is her birthday weekend and I said that Sunday is when they arrive. She now has decided to blame me if it somehow ruins her weekend. She asked me where I got the info and as soon as I mentioned Reddit the conversation was over.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

now that 80km is "space" (lmao billionaire looosers playing catchup with 50s engineers) there has been a bit of 'grade inflation' on what makes for 'deep' space :rolleyes:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Wheeee posted:

So I just re-read TAAs original the posts and decided to discuss it with my wife. Yesterday was her birthday and has decided it is her birthday weekend and I said that Sunday is when they arrive. She now has decided to blame me if it somehow ruins her weekend. She asked me where I got the info and as soon as I mentioned Reddit the conversation was over.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

It's not it's 36k km

(nerds get mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

lol my gf has no time for uaps or goatee guy

so who's buying into the grift panel going on today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJy0td4EJaw&t=1403s

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

"i've seen a couple comments, some people were saying you know, $99... somebody said they couldn't afford it, uh, well i mean we're talking about a very small amount of money for 11 hours, we're talking about $9 an hour, that's a very small amount of money to pay for a conference"

lol at the piece of poo poo grifter, may disclosure happen soon and all these shitweasel motherfuckers be tossed in the dumpster

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Wheeee posted:

"i've seen a couple comments, some people were saying you know, $99... somebody said they couldn't afford it, uh, well i mean we're talking about a very small amount of money for 11 hours, we're talking about $9 an hour, that's a very small amount of money to pay for a conference"

lol at the piece of poo poo grifter, may disclosure happen soon and all these shitweasel motherfuckers be tossed in the dumpster

aatip only had a budget of $22M for 5 years, TTSA got $50m for one season of a history channel show. i hope these fuckers get probed to death live on tv

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 210 days!
hello, my name is lue! how do you do! now you gonna release the ufo data!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i want my L S D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBjkkYgD8iw

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i really hope the aliens havent been watching me practice my sick dance moves every time my wife leaves the apartment

its fine if they heard me singing along to songs on the radio while butchering the lyrics though because thats normal

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

blah no lue till later when i can't watch due to gf

pm me if you're a true friend of lue

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

I wish we knew what time zone the aliens care about. I’d like to find a roof to blast Rosetta stoned on repeat for their arrival

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
gimme Lue gimme FOIA gimme that which I desire

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Vomik posted:

aatip only had a budget of $22M for 5 years, TTSA got $50m for one season of a history channel show. i hope these fuckers get probed to death live on tv

i think this dumb rear end 4bidden conference was organized by this dude:

lol

i wonder if lue is in on the grift or if he was just invited to talk about UFOs

either way i dont think this billy carson dude ever got any of that AATIP or TV money lol

Rah! has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Jul 17, 2021

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
an hour and a half until im aitee here

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 210 days!

Rah! posted:

i think this dumb rear end 4bidden conference was organized by this dude:

4bidden

4biden

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fanfic insert posted:

an hour and a half until im aitee here

Tell Gina I say hi

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Lue gets more credible with each podunk podcast and radio show he goes on

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Vomik posted:

I wish we knew what time zone the aliens care about. I’d like to find a roof to blast Rosetta stoned on repeat for their arrival

little north of Grand Bahamas, or south of Catalina Island iirc

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
im sorry but if its the Nordics its clearly GMT+1

didnt TAA say it was the Nordics?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

[UFOs] WOKE DON'T MEAN BROKE

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzlmQLbr1Y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZlRt05RY9Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

got extremely high and cuddled up with a friend to watch this once it was amazing