Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Duke Pukem posted:

that ticketmaster poo poo cant be legal

like HFT, it's only legal because it isn't illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
To continue the beer detail, the cat I adopted is related to the brewers of Montucky, and I can confirm they are cool and good, and do donate a bunch of their money to worthwhile causes. Also, they have a grapefruit hard seltzer that’s basically Fresca, but gives you a mild buzz. Recommended if you can find it.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Vince McMahon working out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRavJqbpcLQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I just had meniscus surgery and audibly yelped when the weights hit the bottom the first time

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Duke Pukem posted:

that ticketmaster poo poo cant be legal

i mean they already had the lawsuit like a decade ago or so about scalping their own tickets or w/e im sure they figure they can give it another go if new laws were introduced or existing ones changed or something, ticketmaster doesnt give a gently caress

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If you see a company pulling some dubious trick for huge profits, it's probably legal.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you see a company pulling some dubious trick for huge profits, it's probably legal.

good post/av combo

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRb2eoIpkZX/?utm_medium=copy_link

More Keith Lee vagueposting. Although this makes
me wonder if he was on one of the 3yr NXT contracts or if they moved him to the 5?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dacap posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRb2eoIpkZX/?utm_medium=copy_link

More Keith Lee vagueposting. Although this makes
me wonder if he was on one of the 3yr NXT contracts or if they moved him to the 5?

Don’t they typically redo and extend your contract when you get called up? I would assume he got shifted to a 5 then, but who knows.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Don’t they typically redo and extend your contract when you get called up? I would assume he got shifted to a 5 then, but who knows.

Someone in the WWE office is frantically checking they remembered to do that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They forgot to update Tommy End's to include a 90-day non-compete when he moved up so it's possible some people slipped through the cracks

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/fujiwaraarmbar/status/1416236295148482560?s=19

A Beautiful Man

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I also seem to recall with some of the pandemic-era call-ups, there was chicanery with the NXT vs. WWE contracts, because the WWE contracts pay considerably more. It would be pretty fitting if cheaping out on the "main roster" pay bump results in "marginally less restrictive contracts that expire sooner and have a shorter non-compete clause" for folks.

That said, Black got called up over a year before the pandemic and they didn't properly fix his contract, so there's no consistency to expect/rely on for anything.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Everyone called up once touring stopped and they starting running out of the PC didn’t get the main roster pay bump and continued getting paid NXT money, yeah. Dunno if that also prevented WWE from adding the two years to their contract, god only knows what sort of legal loopholes are in those things.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Given the way things seem to work in America, I'm legit surprised WWE just doesn't get to say,"You're on a 10-year-contract now and we pay you half what we were before and if you try and quit we're allowed to murder you" and a Federal Judge just shrugs and says,"Can't see any problem with this :shrug:"

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Contracts are literally just printed paper that mean nothing in that world

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:hai:

As is always the case, the written word is loving fake.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1416375963533840387?s=20

Cool poster for the NOAH 21st anniversary show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Why was there an All-Japan locker room walk out?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Shard posted:

It was when MISAWA left All-Japan back in 2000 because Gaint Baba's wife wasn't running the company very well. I think there were only like two guys who stayed in All-Japan, everyone else left for NOAH

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think I may not get this right but the successor of Baba didn’t run the company well which made Misawa to take some of the all Japan roster to form NOAH

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

drat my slow posting fingers

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shard posted:

On June 16, 2000, 24 out of the 26 contracted native wrestlers for All Japan were led by Misawa for a press conference, where it was announced that they would be leaving the promotion; more than 100 reporters and photographers attended, and Misawa expressed his wish for the promotion to debut in August, with the Differ Ariake being the site of the unnamed promotion's debut. When asked what his reason for leaving All Japan is, Misawa claimed that it was so he could do things in a "modern style." A day later, Misawa announced the promotion's name: Pro Wrestling Noah, which was inspired by the Biblical story where Noah built an ark and put two of every kind of animal in the world in the ark before God destroyed the world.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
also Misawa had basically lost the war of succession after Giant Bab died and waited until the tv company was ready to flip to his new promotion before doing his Big Move.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

Because after Giant Baba died, Misawa was head booker but Makoto Baba was owner & they had different visions for the company. So almost every native All Japan left with Misawa who was going to form NOAH: they even ended up getting the old All Japan TV slot (after a short delay) on NTV. The only Japanese who stuck with AJPW were Toshiaki Kawada & Masanobu Fuchi. An interesting note was that Misawa approached everyone in the locker room personally, including Takashi Sugiura who was still a trainee & wouldn't actually make his debut in ring until December 2000, 6 months after the exodus.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it happened a lot like the wwe walkout

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The tension and feud between Baba and Misawa was 100% bubbling before Giant Baba passed away and probably involved Giant Baba as well. The company was in awkward phase in that it had gotten pretty stale up top and it's usual method of relying on top level foreigners to come in just wasn't as easy to do as it was in the 80's early 90's for a variety of reasons like the decline in Japan's business/recession to WWF/WCW giving out big money contracts cause of the war. Giant Baba caved a bit in booking the dome and bringing in Vader but I think Misawa and the rest of the roster wanted to openly work with top domestic talent and well...Baba probably wasn't going to cave on that.

There probably wouldn't have been an exodus given the taboo Japan has about Wrestlers leaving companies, especially one run by Giant Baba himself. But his death gave the roster the ability to leave and they probably would of left anyway even if Motoko and Misawa got along. Heck the reason for the delay of the launch and the timeslot was rumored to be set in stone early on everyone was just told to wait it out for awhile so it didn't appear they were all jumping ship just after Baba's death

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Didn't Steve Williams basically call Misawa a huge misogynist?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think that probably Steve Williams BS but its also 100% true that Motoko Baba gets a lot of flack for stuff that was the decisions of both her and Giant Baba. And she probably doesn't get enough credit for helping run one of the more successful companies in the world

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/familyfooddude/status/1416372054727737352?s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

An interesting note was that Misawa approached everyone in the locker room personally, including Takashi Sugiura who was still a trainee & wouldn't actually make his debut in ring until December 2000, 6 months after the exodus.

Hasn't Kawada said in the past that one of the reasons he stayed with All Japan is that Misawa didn't ask him personally to leave, rather he went through Taue?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Didn't Baba use his wife to play bad cop to his good cop? Like if he had to refuse a wrestler's request for more money he'd blame it on his wife who ran the finances.

That probably didn't endear her in the eyes of the roster.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the roster hated how baba's wife kept on calling the original castlevania games "metroidvanias." they're just castlevania

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

Didn't Baba use his wife to play bad cop to his good cop? Like if he had to refuse a wrestler's request for more money he'd blame it on his wife who ran the finances.

That probably didn't endear her in the eyes of the roster.

yeah I think meltzer says this in his obit on makoto.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1416530700292009986?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

billy gunn is looking good with the new plugs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

the roster hated how baba's wife kept on calling the original castlevania games "metroidvanias." they're just castlevania

God drat. What a fucker

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Get Britt baker on cobra kai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cavauro posted:

billy gunn is looking good with the new plugs