Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

If we're talking about how bad and overly complicated the Killswitch is, can we also talk about how bad and overly complicated the One Winged Angel is?
the OWA at least gets a crowd hot when he starts setting it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The difference is that OWA looks loving great whereas Killswitch looks not good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rantmo posted:

The difference is that OWA looks loving great whereas Killswitch looks not good.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The driver part looks good, but I've never seen the Electric Chair setup into awkward shuffling around on his shoulder while moving the guy's legs out of the way transition part look good. It's too slow and takes way too much setup time.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 17, 2021

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the whole point of the OWA is the setup, so you can tease it and have people get out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

whats the deal with the irish whip! you don't have to be irish to do it!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

whats the deal with the irish whip! you don't have to be irish to do it!

but it helps

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the natural counter to the OWA is a poison rana, and that's rad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

or a victory roll which is also rad and not done enough anymore

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

or a victory roll which is also rad and not done enough anymore

The “Shocka in Osaka” with Juice is still an incredible moment four years later. Not quite a victory roll, but a hell of a cradle out of the OWA and seeing Juice tackle Red Shoes and act like he just won the lottery is such a :3: piece of footage.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

OWA just looks like it dunks you on your head faster and harder, from a bigger height than a Minchinoku Driver imo + has a different set of counters and setups so it has always looked cool. Also the electric chair position can be transitioned into more impressive Croyt's Wrath which will never cease to impress or frighten me at how Kenny has the strength to do it.

Is there anyone else who does a more convincing knee smash? Was just thinking of his whole moveset and idk if anyone else I've watched does a more realistic looking knee to the dome. The fact that he hasn't concussed people with that poo poo is mindboggling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lid posted:

Tired: Okada v Omega
Wired: Takagi v Fenix

I don't know how the crowds would react to Takagi's entrance, but having him try to run down Fenix in a bicycle would be the best thing in wrestling if only for how Fenix would respond.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Are you mistaking Shingo Takagi for Minoru Suzuki

And

are very different

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Who the gently caress is Shingo Takagi. I'm talking about the only person in wrestling named Takagi that matters to AEW.

Sanshiro Takagi, president of Cyberfight.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If Suzuki ever comes in he has to face Orange Cassidy so we can finally get the match that Covid robbed from us

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh we get to see Kenny beat up Sami Callahan tonight :yeshaha:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

karmicknight posted:

Who the gently caress is Shingo Takagi. I'm talking about the only person in wrestling named Takagi that matters to AEW.

There's only one bicycle riding hero of love and peace

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1415621857714180101

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

karmicknight posted:

Sorry, that Takagi can only show up for a Madison Square Garden Empty Arena match

Which I suppose would mean he’d have to work with WWE!

:wal::stat:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Wazzu posted:

I really enjoyed the show this week, but didn't enjoy the finish to Christian and Hardy, just felt weird that at 8 Christian got up into the ring, Hardy turned away and kill switch.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I have no idea what was up with that finish. It felt like we missed a couple of steps on the way, but it didn't tarnish the match

I believe it was a metaphor. The match started with them being locked up with each other, longer than most would normally be locked up. It ended with Christian recovering for an extended period of time before returning with a surprising amount of strength left in him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

:hmmyes:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sanshiro Takagi can team up with Suzuki to face the Best Friends in Stadium Stampede 3 okay

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Heat Up's Shingo has a strange charisma around him. Strange in that I can't explain why I think he's cool. It's good to see DDT work with other feds like this.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

DLC Inc posted:

Is there anyone else who does a more convincing knee smash? Was just thinking of his whole moveset and idk if anyone else I've watched does a more realistic looking knee to the dome. The fact that he hasn't concussed people with that poo poo is mindboggling.

EVIL got a pretty gnarly concussion from one in the G1 a few years back, I think. Can't remember if it was purely Kenny's mistake or if something happened and EVIL slipped on the ropes a bit right before impact though.

But yeah I love when Kenny matches get to the "gently caress it, v-trigger time" phase and it's a wonder more people don't get rocked by them.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I want to see Shingo vs Omega

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Envisioned posted:

EVIL got a pretty gnarly concussion from one in the G1 a few years back, I think. Can't remember if it was purely Kenny's mistake or if something happened and EVIL slipped on the ropes a bit right before impact though.

But yeah I love when Kenny matches get to the "gently caress it, v-trigger time" phase and it's a wonder more people don't get rocked by them.

IIRC Evil put his head against the rope instead of above it so when Kenny hit the knee his head got sandwiched.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Belated Dynamite Thoughts: (Muddied because it's been a few days)

Mox vs Anderson: Awesome counterwrestling match. Don't really have much more to say about it.

I've beaten this drum before but Sammy is ready for a breakout win against somebody better than Shawn Spears, even if the Stadium Stampede moment was awesome AF and Spears has finally found his niche in the Pinncale

Speaking of finding niches: Man, with all the new talent that's come in between his tag title reign and now Scorpio Sky seems very not-special. Which we've all said before but it bears repeating.

Now that MJF is skewing match stipulations in new and interesting ways I am imagining a world where Jericho has to have both singles matches against both Dax and Cash at the same time. Which is like a handicap match except he has to pin or submit both of them. Actually wait this is a terrible idea. Under no circumstances should FTR lose a handicap match. Still, fun to think about.

Wow that crowd was hype AF for Ricky Starks.

I really wanted Hangman to come out and tell Matt "you know I thought what went on between us was all my fault but now I realize...you guys are just assholes and lovely friends"

My idea of how this will play out: Dark Order will win the 5 v 5. If StUno get the title shot before All In (is that the next PPV, they lose. If they get the title shot at the PPV, they might win. I don't think it's impossible that DO will lose the 5 v 5 but I am of the mind that it's time for Hangman to be a champion and to look the part of a champion. And AEW protects the gently caress out of their champions.

What the hell flowers were in the coffin? Why were they IN the coffin? Don't flowers usually have buds?

The Coffin Drop through the coffin may be the single most reckless thing I've seen Darby do, if only because of the possbility that either him or (more likely) Page could have been impaled by a piece of splintered wood. Even if it's just particle board.

I can't imagine being Page and taking that bump. Being in a dark box, knowing a dude is going to fall on you but having no idea when.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

this is kinda gnarly

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

graph posted:

this is kinda gnarly

Yeah, Shingo rules. Very strong argument to be made that he’s the best wrestler in the world right now, dude’s been on a run of absolute bangers since… well, for longer than I can even remember at this point.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I want to see Shingo vs Omega

Pumping Bomber vs V-Trigger! Last of The Dragons vs The One-Winged Angel!

Goddamn, even just replacing their names with their signature moves makes it sound like an epic.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
More Elevation matches:
Orange Taylor & Chuckie T. v. Chaos Project
Penta & Eddie v. Cezar Bononi & JD Drake
Baron Black v. Kaz
Tay Conti & Serena Deeb v. Vertvixen & Jazmin Allure
Red Velvet v. Julia!
Will Hobbs v Lucas Chase.

Conti and Deeb is a strange partnership as Conti's sorta face and Deeb is sorta heel. I predict a bit where Tay tries to get Serena to dance after the victory. Wheeler Yuta is in the best friends corner, so they've really taken him to heart. And I hope Drake and Eddie get to chop the hell out of one another.

ChrisBTY posted:

What the hell flowers were in the coffin? Why were they IN the coffin? Don't flowers usually have buds?

They were black roses, right? Probably made from plastic. And generally the bud blooms into the flower, so w/ a single-stem rose like that one then you wouldn't have any other buds.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

Speaking of finding niches: Man, with all the new talent that's come in between his tag title reign and now Scorpio Sky seems very not-special. Which we've all said before but it bears repeating.

I think Scorpio is a big hanger-on to Ethan Page, who just has way more solid character work and is a fantastic worker. A shame he came in to the fed late because he would have worked out really well with Pinnacle/Inner Circle or some other jackass faction.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

A talking coyote posted:

The TayKO also looks goofy for similar reasons, she used it again for one of her more recent matches and I hope it’s not a permanent change and she sticks to the DDTay.

Tay having 3 finishers (alongside that wacky submission) is great, though

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Scorpio Sky is a guy who seems better off in tag teams/factions where he can just be a good wrestler. In speaking he comes off as a very laid back/low key kinda guy and he doesn't really translate that into a wrestling character very well.

Which makes it really weird that he's the guy who gets his own podcast with the Rooster Teeth people.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

DLC Inc posted:

I think Scorpio is a big hanger-on to Ethan Page, who just has way more solid character work and is a fantastic worker. A shame he came in to the fed late because he would have worked out really well with Pinnacle/Inner Circle or some other jackass faction.

Ethan Page to the Pinnacle after they viciously turn on Shawn Spears seems ideal.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
legendary Don & Kenny fit on Slammiversary

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ChrisBTY posted:

The Coffin Drop through the coffin may be the single most reckless thing I've seen Darby do, if only because of the possbility that either him or (more likely) Page could have been impaled by a piece of splintered wood. Even if it's just particle board.

I can't imagine being Page and taking that bump. Being in a dark box, knowing a dude is going to fall on you but having no idea when.

You could see the refs swarming around the coffin, I'm sure they were communicating with Page about when Darby was going to come down. I'd say the threat of the coffin was real bad, too, but I've seen Darby do some stupid poo poo at this point.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

During the Penta Kingston/Bucks street fight there was an upside down table in the ring, made me real worried somebody was going to impale themselves on the tablelegs.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
please do not spoiler in non-TNA threads until monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

please do not spoiler in non-TNA threads until monday.

only thing i'll say is if you plan on watching that main, stay in soc media black out, and if you don't plan on watching it, plan on watching it because it loving owned