Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Did Cyberpunk ever become good?

It's clearly very unfinished but it at least runs (more or less). The story/writing is also super bad despite this being from the same people as The Witcher 3, still fun can be had in just running around playing shooty and hacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Another win for us on the “fantasy > sci-fi” team.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I loved Keanu's performance in Cyberpunk. It's such a departure from him. He's such a nice guy but he plays an rear end in a top hat really well in the game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Keanu's really good in it and I do dig how you can develop either an antagonistic relationship or slowly grow to become buddies. There's also some neat stuff there around how much of Johnny's habits you start picking up and whether that is down to just exposure to him or your mind slowly being subsumed by his personality.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

should have been a linear 12 hour game like max payne 3 and not teased for 8 years

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

should have been a linear 12 hour game like max payne 3 and not teased for 8 years

Max Payne 3 sucks.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I loved Max Payne 3 but I get what people didn't like about it. It had some of my favorite shooting with a controller and an excellent multiplayer mode

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I enjoyed my time with Cyberpunk (after six months of waiting for patches), but you have to go in knowing it's closer to Far Cry than Skyrim.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

cyberpunk was rear end, i got a refund and i never looked back, they could fix every glitch and it’d still be really poo poo the best part about it was exploring outside of the map doing weird parkour and getting onto the rooftops you weren’t supposed to

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

CarlCX posted:

I enjoyed my time with Cyberpunk (after six months of waiting for patches), but you have to go in knowing it's closer to Far Cry than Skyrim.

Sick I like Far Cry way more than Skyrim

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

max payne 3 is excellent but i understand its divisiveness. rather than gameplay many gamers enjoy looking at the screen and going "drat this is cool and i'm cool" and then having the cops show up right behind them out of thin air. there is nothing cool about rockstar's max payne except the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X79uF_EYDnI

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Max Payne 3 is second only to RDR2 as Rockstar’s best games

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i won a poetry prize in middle school for just copying the mirrors are more fun than television dialogue from tv from max payne 1 and saying i wrote it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

i won a poetry prize in middle school for just copying the mirrors are more fun than television dialogue from tv from max payne 1 and saying i wrote it

Eat My Fuc

<3

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I like both but I gotta agree with NN on this one, fantasy is better than sci fi folks.

Both are ruled largely by horny dipshit shutins though. Playing Mass Effect 3 and I still lol and then solemnly shake my head every time I think about the asari

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

i aced the creative writing portion of a standardized test in elementary by novelizing donkey kong 64

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i stole the plot of metal gear solid 1 for an A as well, in child school. i deserved it due to being able to remember all the main beats probably

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you ever play aquanox

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Bluedeanie posted:

I like both but I gotta agree with NN on this one, fantasy is better than sci fi folks.

Both are ruled largely by horny dipshit shutins though. Playing Mass Effect 3 and I still lol and then solemnly shake my head every time I think about the asari

I replayed the series at the beginning of the year and I had genuinely forgotten how hilariously over the top sexbot EDI was

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i never played aquanox but i still accidentally think of it as anachronox and get excited for a sec then realize it's a different thing that someone has brought up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people living in underwater cities and submarines is cooler than people living in space

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CarlCX posted:

I replayed the series at the beginning of the year and I had genuinely forgotten how hilariously over the top sexbot EDI was

Yeah she has some big tin cans, huh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the all new hyundai tucson. made by Marvel's Loki. the guy who fucks him self and kills little kids

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

the all new hyundai tucson. made by Marvel's Loki. the guy who fucks him self and kills little kids

lmfbo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wrote a story for an English test that was all set-up and then ended on a cliffhanger and the feedback I got was the teacher writing in giant red handwriting,"WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!?!?!" :allears:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

steal steal alley oop backdoor sweep
chris paul the basketball likes to weep

just fooling

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My eighth grade English class were screamed at because 75% of us wrote our creative writing stories about Runescape

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

My eighth grade English class were screamed at because 75% of us wrote our creative writing stories about Runescape

The village of Lumbridge stands on the high wheat plains of western Misthalin, below a lonesome area that other Misthaliner’s call 'the wilderness.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

done watched too many of these dern things lol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i dont think its possible to watch 1,700 films

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I recreated Mercutio's death scene in the Warcraft 3 editor for a school project on Romeo and Juliet once and I got docked points for the lack of voice acting but gently caress you that's hard.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I created several movies for college that were a lot of fun and I still have them on Youtube.

During this one someone called the police on us and I had to talk the officer down. We got real lucky because one of the props was a toy gun with the orange tip cut off to make it look realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRIALZ1Xfw

This one was a lot of fun and I had to cut it in half because youtube used to not let videos be longer than 10 minutes lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YQLvsyGZ8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii_iipan-rI

And this one I decided to appear in while my then girlfriend now wife filmed for me. I'm still friends with all these folks 14 years later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uskSDv8hubA

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Alaois posted:

i dont think its possible to watch 1,700 films

Not with that attitude.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok posted:

done watched too many of these dern things lol.

i got some films for you to watch. 2 posts up

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like the real world thank you very much. No fiction for me.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The world is still real to me dammit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Well it looks like I'm not moving after all. The inspector report came back and they claim our pilings are leaning. Personally it looks like the photos are taken at an angel. I called the guy who did it and he said that doesn't make any sense because they pushed down to bedrock so there could be no settlement.

Apparently the buyers talked to a contractor friend of theirs and he scared them so bad they have backed out of the deal.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

drat, I'm sorry.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah it's a real punch in the nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
watched Black Widow. kind of bad. Taskmaster was good though. surprised it took them so long to just do Actually Terminator. best villain in the MCU so far