Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Maybe he meant millstone?

https://i.imgur.com/JGDfYOf.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

How embarrassing.

RandomGuy12
Jan 20, 2019

oof, i fremdschäm

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:yikes:

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Mlady, do not worry, male players won't be stronger than you if you castrate them

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Those pictures made me feel more uncomfortable than even the best episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
It's like the 90's all over again for them apparently. :shrug:

Starting to think these guys never advanced out of the 90's to begin with. :rolleyes:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
to be fair, if she's one of the twitch streamers chasing donations, there's probably no greater pool of gamers willing to pitch money at someone to get something they'll never have than Citizens

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

text editor posted:

to be fair, if she's one of the twitch streamers chasing donations, there's probably no greater pool of gamers willing to pitch money at someone to get something they'll never have than Citizens

That depends on whether they love supporting Star Citizen streamers more than they hate women

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

text editor posted:

:hmmyes:

BettyBigTits approves

Deskeletonized
Mar 24, 2021

text editor posted:

For real. As much fremdschämen as I have for those dorks, I hope that lady sees the po$$ibilities. She'll be hard-pressed to find a sadder, more desperate group of nonces to squeeze like financial lemons than our dear Citizens.

Deskeletonized
Mar 24, 2021

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

That depends on whether they love supporting Star Citizen streamers more than they hate women

I look forward to the inevitable intra-community showdown between the alt-right, anti-woman, incel hatemongers and the thirsty, desperate, white-knight nerds. Big "let them fight" energy.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ugh gently caress oooooooooffffffffff

it's not even that rare, every woman I know plays some variant of Stardew Valley/Minecraft/Overcooked and I can go to my favorite women's-space discord right now and see a lively conversation about... *checks* Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Well, no accounting for taste.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 17, 2021

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Thirst Citizen

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

It doesn't sound as hornt but Starve Citizen has a ring to it

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

the problem with chasing donations from these people is they'll just keep offering to buy you ships. the gently caress you gonna do with that

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

text editor posted:

Now I am imagining an Onlyfans account specifically targeting Star Citizens. Yikes!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Now I am imagining an Onlyfans account specifically targeting Star Citizens. Yikes!

OnlyScams

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021
Plot twist

Turbulent is branching out of spaceships, finding new ways of extracting money from their well know rubes database. Baiting the morons with "influencers" for their varied demographic. Relic and Joruun surfacing firsts was a given, where's Getgiomoney or something (the insufferable smug guy)?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Kikas posted:

OnlyScams

Speaking of people only attracted to scams, how is Lethality doing? Is he still all in?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So this exists and it's actually called Turbulent.

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020

Sankis posted:

the problem with chasing donations from these people is they'll just keep offering to buy you ships. the gently caress you gonna do with that

Solicit an Idris / LTI ship from each, then flip them on the grey market.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Sankis posted:

Sell them back to them at a slight discount?

No wait, I've got it, sell them for double the price as used gamergurl ships.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Pharnakes posted:

No wait, I've got it, sell them for double the price as used gamergurl ships.

It still has GaMeRGiRl argon in it!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Speaking of people only attracted to scams, how is Lethality doing? Is he still all in?

He realizes that CIG constantly lies to them and is incapable of making certain stuff work properly but trusts them to eventually deliver the best game ever so yeah, still all in.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1416475754410483714

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Imagine thinking this is charming or funny. No joke, I've had to cut friends out of my life for poo poo like this.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

There's probably some submissive tradwife streamer who could really make them empty their wallets

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Lord Stimperor posted:

There's probably some submissive tradwife streamer who could really make them empty their wallets

Abby Shapiro with her ambiguously gay husband.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Good to know Failure2Report is still playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxSr0T9I0g&t=107s

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/Ok2K6Z8.gifv

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Does he think that footage looks impressive?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Deskeletonized posted:

I look forward to the inevitable intra-community showdown between the alt-right, anti-woman, incel hatemongers and the thirsty, desperate, white-knight nerds. Big "let them fight" energy.

The phrasing of "the rare girly gamer girl" (as opposed to...?) kinda set my spidey-sense tingling, and then I checked her twitter feed and saw she posted a pepe the frog pic as her happy birthday to me post, so I'm kinda leaning towards there's a good chance she's in the right-wing camp herself.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I love this. What animal is this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Some kinda duck.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pixelate posted:

Good to know Failure2Report is still playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxSr0T9I0g&t=107s

I didn't know Ben Shapiro plays Star Citizen.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Some kinda duck.

I would have expected to see a corkscrew

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Potentially lucrative tie-in for Croberts and his thirsty Citizens here…

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-put-gamer-goo-on-my-hands-and-god-help-me-i-actually-liked-it/

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Breetai posted:

The phrasing of "the rare girly gamer girl" (as opposed to...?) kinda set my spidey-sense tingling, and then I checked her twitter feed and saw she posted a pepe the frog pic as her happy birthday to me post, so I'm kinda leaning towards there's a good chance she's in the right-wing camp herself.

I wouldn't assume that. It's true that alt-right dipshits have used it for themselves but there are a ton of people in the Twitch/streaming space who won't stop posting pepe pics and emotes just because of them. They don't care about awful people trying to spoil their fun by association. Call it stubbornness, obliviousness, whatever, but try and find a tiny bit more evidence than 'frog cartoon bad' before you assume the worst of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Some kind of of micro pig pet breed I'm not sure which kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikw5HhxC5UM

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I would have expected to see a corkscrew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBJ9mL9OJx0