Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
its hit or miss, but i guess his misses arent as big as fred's could be.

i remember norm macdonald telling a story involving poop, and fred was playing farting noises under it, and norm kinda stopped and was like "that doesnt help the story at all". that was how i often felt about fred and now the new guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Heath posted:

He's been doing this lately and he has no concept of appropriate timing, volume, or when it's actually adding to the conversation instead of just sticking in the thing being referenced in case you're stupid and don't get it
really funny because will mocked that one rich guy's self-funded documentary on why people are so aggressive for doing the same thing with movie clips instead

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mr. Grinch posted:

I could have sworn he was alluding to Protestants thinking the Catholic church was bullshit but continuing to be Christians anyway but I was only half listening

It’s this. If you work yourself up into such a lather that every priest is a stooge to at least a corrupt, fallen away ministry, to at worst a literal demonic follower of the antichrist, you have to have a competing system (every man a priest) that takes the level of power previously invested in that institution and put it somewhere.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Shipon posted:

really funny because will mocked that one rich guy's self-funded documentary on why people are so aggressive for doing the same thing with movie clips instead

every once in awhile i forget this thread hates the left podcast

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
oh no i still like it i just find it funny that chris does that

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sephyr posted:

Does Matt ever elaborate on the "pilgrims are people who reasoned themselves out of believing in god, then had to reason themselves back into believing" argument he used on monday's episode?

That was a clear shot at Deism and Jefferson was absolutely on some weird poo poo.

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/jeffersons-religious-beliefs

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 18, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

every once in awhile i forget this thread hates the left podcast

yeah I know duurhuur optics cuck but this thread is being heavily monitored and actively screenshot so I could easily see some fucker like neontaster try to spin it

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

multijoe posted:

Denying it would also have been a better move than just ignoring it and running away, which has just led to people assuming the accusations are real and that he's a cowardly bitch

Honestly the whole thing with Virgil very closely parallels what happened with DocEvil/@fart back in 2011; when he attended the Smash Mouth egg challenge and was very publicly revealed as a fat slovenly turd the subsequent backlash from FYAD was immediate and huge (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442606), but if he'd just owned up to it and copped his abuse on the chin instead of going radio silent and never posting again people would have quickly moved on; instead, he was owned repeatedly in often hilarious fashion (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3446054)

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

Honestly the whole thing with Virgil very closely parallels what happened with DocEvil/@fart back in 2011; when he attended the Smash Mouth egg challenge and was very publicly revealed as a fat slovenly turd the subsequent backlash from FYAD was immediate and huge (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442606), but if he'd just owned up to it and copped his abuse on the chin instead of going radio silent and never posting again people would have quickly moved on; instead, he was owned repeatedly in often hilarious fashion (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3446054)

Hendren was def a dweebus. But he's seemed to be less lame as he got older.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

why are you here?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
as far as I understand docevil also wasn't accused of any sex pestery so there's a little bit of a difference there I suppose

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
not to bring Forums Drama in here *puts on tinfoil* but I think Brown Moses has some AltAccounts running around, as they both have RegDates that coincide with his last login Day (which is around Jun 18)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
what if his name was brown notes-us and his opinions are so lovely they make everyone around him violently ill

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

not to bring Forums Drama in here *puts on tinfoil* but I think Brown Moses has some AltAccounts running around, as they both have RegDates that coincide with his last login Day (which is around Jun 18)

you're an insane person

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Previa_fun posted:

you're an insane person

*checks reg date*

This mastermind's plans go further back than we thought!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

you're an insane person

wat r reregz?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 18, 2021

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

What in the world

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

What in the world

of course the thread about the political podcast all about CIA Ops is just blissfully unaware of the one poster who's legit working for the CIA

really puts into perspective how much the show is appreciated!

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
thats not true, i work for the cia too. im a tier one operator

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
no I'm not saying everything is an Op.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

of course the thread about the political podcast all about CIA Ops is just blissfully unaware of the one poster who's legit working for the CIA

do you think hes mad the 8chan guy is qanon

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

no I'm not saying everything is an Op.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shipon posted:

as far as I understand docevil also wasn't accused of any sex pestery so there's a little bit of a difference there I suppose

Being unattractive is a crime.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

shame on an IGA posted:

That was a clear shot at Deism and Jefferson was absolutely on some weird poo poo.

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/jeffersons-religious-beliefs

It sounded more like he was talking about 17th century Puritans. Maybe someone will get Matt to elaborate on it in a stream sometime.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Please take your meds, my man

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

American Prestige is decent but they have the usual issue with academics sounding pompous - the joking about being Harvard alum (and the guest not making tenure) was eye roll inducing

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

prefect posted:

Being unattractive is a crime.

all mods have been really ugly, while posting superstars are usually hot

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lol

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

why are you here?

Cause the pod cast is good. Please stop posting in the thread bad because you're incredibly loving stupid and just post insane poo poo all the time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Please just be normal.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Proust Malone posted:

“Operation Paperclip but you’re sounding with a paper clip” adds to the list of chapo phrases that got me in trouble for laughing out loud and being demanded to know what was so funny.

"operation mockingbird more like operation tweety bird" got me good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stephen A Smith: "HOWEVER"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I thought we all knew that every goon was an op

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001

Wizard Master posted:

not sure I see the parallels ur trying to draw between the guy being mocked for looking goofy and the guy accused of child sexual predation, op

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Some great posts on this page thank you everyone

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Shipon posted:

what if his name was brown notes-us and his opinions are so lovely they make everyone around him violently ill

Nice

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thank you Felix for pointing out bitcoin's greatest crime.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

wizard master i dont think these two things are similar at all

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Thank you Felix for pointing out bitcoin's greatest crime.
More and more, people are saying, where are the graphics cards folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
i just wanna point out that doc evil is this guy and hes great gently caress the haters
https://youtu.be/t3r51QI4Ctw