Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

The Dry Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitsuga

i want to drink all the japanese beers. maybe later.

Escape From Noise

nitsuga posted:

i want to drink all the japanese beers. maybe later.

This one barely tastes like anything. Sapporo's summer pilsner is pretty good though.

Escape From Noise

I wish Suntory would make that saison again. It wasn't anything crazy, but it was a good standard example of the style.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Japanese beers have way cooler names.

I feel hollowed-out today ugh
Last night I ran outta beer and paid $30 for a dude to deliver me 3 more from 7/11
This was not a good life decision

This morning I backed into the trash can out in the street
Luckily it was empty

Escape From Noise

I may walk to the 7-11 for more beers. I need to hang up.my laundry first though. But before that I need to fold and put away the dry laundry. But I don't wannnnnnaaaaaaa

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
I haven't drank many Japanese beers but we'd all get those big rear end bottles of Orion when we went out for sushi forever ago.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Sometimes I get this, like...rice...milk....wine kinda deal from the international grocery store and it's surprisingly smooth and not weird.

The corn flavored ice cream bars featuring kernels of corn... I've not been brave enough to try

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Achtane posted:

Sometimes I get this, like...rice...milk....wine kinda deal from the international grocery store and it's surprisingly smooth and not weird.

The corn flavored ice cream bars featuring kernels of corn... I've not been brave enough to try

Makgeolli! You should always drink that while eating pajeon!

take the moon

by sebmojo
hey whatsup tc i went downtown for the first time in 2 years

now im trashing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

take the moon posted:

hey whatsup tc i went downtown for the first time in 2 years

now im trashing

I hope u brushed ur teeth afterwards

Areola Grande

u sound like a generous lover :cheerdoge:

Feline Mind Meld

I'm pretty creeped out
i'm real hosed up and didn't read a bunch of posts

ya'll are great it's fine but booze rules everything around me

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Mormon Nailer posted:

Makgeolli! You should always drink that while eating pajeon!

I gotta try this!!! Thanks!

Escape From Noise

For some reason, and with no context, one of the managers sent a link to Topo Chico hard seltzer Japan in one of our work groups. I guess you want us to make that. I guess Coca-Cola owns that company, so I guess I'll be able to drink the claw here really soon very easily.

Areola Grande

this is my first time needing a beer chaser for my other strong beer

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What's your strong beer?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm too high to sleep, I get so relaxed I just vegetate and enjoy it instead of sleeping.

Feline Mind Meld

I'm pretty creeped out
I'm drinking a bunch, watching I think you should leave, and taking about how much I love justice the band

Areola Grande

Mormon Nailer posted:

What's your strong beer?

It's this one again. I tried drinking a whole one on a midnight walk the first night and ended up spewing

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

It's big, it's stronk, it needs a chaser, and I bought 120 of em on a lark

:negative:

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

It's big, it's stronk, it needs a chaser, and I bought 120 of em on a lark

:negative:

I'm guessing it's a juicy/hazy IPA? I usually can't do more than one of those. Too sweet.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm guessing it's a juicy/hazy IPA? I usually can't do more than one of those. Too sweet.

correct. 9.9 abv and 19.2 fluid ounces. It's too much all by itself

okiedoke

Trashing on several different drinks and watching talladega nights cause why not. Cheers TC.

okiedoke

Hey I went to goose island when I was checking out the siebel institute. Can't really find their beer in Oregon much these days. We have an over abundance of breweries here so figured they got squeezed out. Would drink that beer though cause imperials are good.

Escape From Noise

okiedoke posted:

Hey I went to goose island when I was checking out the siebel institute. Can't really find their beer in Oregon much these days. We have an over abundance of breweries here so figured they got squeezed out. Would drink that beer though cause imperials are good.

They definately increased their footprint but I think Oregon is unique because of how old and widespread beer culture is there, so you can probably find some special releases and stuff but ironically I bet it's harder to find their more regular stuff, especially since their owned by AB InBev now.

I'm wearing my Commons Brewery shirt today. I miss that place. I get why they went under but it still bums me out. At least there's still Upright (best brewery in Portland, probably all of Oregon).

okiedoke

Don't think I've had any Upright honestly. There's so many great breweries here. Fort George is one of my favorites. Next town over has Block 15 and they make a lot of really good stuff too.

Will Ferrell movie is over. Time to watch an episode of frasier while bloodborne finishes downloading. Work is gonna be awesome tomorrow but I really don't give a heck.

okiedoke fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 19, 2021

Feline Mind Meld

I'm pretty creeped out
my roommate got home from camping and her boyfriend brought some budweiser, which is gross but i appreciate it because i ran out of my beer

beergod provides

Escape From Noise

okiedoke posted:

Don't think I've had any Upright honestly. There's so many great breweries here. Fort George is one of my favorites. Next town over has Block 15 and they make a lot of really good stuff too.

Will Ferrell movie is over. Time to watch an episode of frasier while bloodborne finishes downloading. Work is gonna be awesome tomorrow but I really don't give a heck.

Fort George is rad as hell and a really nice brewery!

Upright is really small, and hard to get outside of Portland, but they are my favorite. They do a lot of farmhouse/saison stuff, which is my thing, but also a lot of different things. I just think they always knock it out of the park.

okiedoke

I'll keep an eye out for sure. The beer pub in town rotates a ton of different stuff so maybe they'll have some. Speaking of Fort George, I went to their festival of dark arts a few years ago and it was a good time. Wish I got to the coast more often.

Escape From Noise

I'm having a Yebisu.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Areola Grande posted:

correct. 9.9 abv and 19.2 fluid ounces. It's too much all by itself

Cut it with a little lemonade, make a lovely shandy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Missing tf out of Coalition Brewing rn, I wanted a breakfast beer this morning something fierce

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Mormon Nailer posted:

Cut it with a little lemonade, make a lovely shandy

lovely shandy was my college band name

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Pahilla the Hun posted:

lovely shandy was my college band name

Her name was Shandy
She was a cocktail
With yellow liquids in her pint and an ice cube cut to size

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm so hosed up I got Barry Manilow stuck in my head, please help me

Feline Mind Meld

I'm pretty creeped out
phew just dropped my roommate off at her car and now I am sitting at the bar

I'm fukken drunko suess up in here

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'm so hosed up I got Barry Manilow stuck in my head, please help me

Now it's in my head. My mom used to sing it all the time. drat you. drat you!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm going to make M listen to it because I did eight dabs of reclaim and three big kid dabs of some GMO sugar wax and I haven't eaten all day, let's make decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'm going to make M listen to it because I did eight dabs of reclaim and three big kid dabs of some GMO sugar wax and I haven't eaten all day, let's make decisions

I think singing it dramatically in an over the top way could help. I think that's what my mom did. I don't think she actually liked the song, it just got stuck in her head sometimes.