Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I assume he’s referring to this constitution in the second picture.

quote:

ARTICLE VIII

[SEC. 1. The Legislature shall have no power to pass laws for the emancipation of slaves."]

["SEC. 2. No citizen, or other person residing in this State, shall have power by deed, or will, to take effect in this State, or out of it, in any manner whatsoever, directly or indirectly, to emancipate his slave or slaves."]

["SEC. 3. The Legislature shall have no power to pass any law to prevent immigrants to this State, from bringing with them such persons of the negro race as are deemed slaves by the laws of any of the Confederate States of America; provided, that slaves who have committed any felony may be excluded from this State."]

["SEC. 4. In the prosecution of slaves for crimes of a higher grade than petit larceny, the Legislature shall have no power to deprive them of a trial by jury, except in cases arising under the laws concerning insurrection of slaves."]

["SEC. 5. Any person who shall maliciously dismember, or deprive a slave of life, shall suffer such punishment as would be inflicted in case the like offence had been committed upon a free white person, and on the like proof; except when such slave has committed, or attempted to commit, a rape on a white female, or in case of insurrection of such slave."]

["SEC. 6. The Legislature shall have power to pass laws which will oblige the owners of slaves to treat them with humanity."]

Wow, how progressive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

That Works posted:

Woah what's that from?

It appears to be from the Combined Resolve II exercise in Germany in 2014. I found a couple others from the photo sequence.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The number one way to get dismounts away from your tank is to just fire the main gun.

We had an idiot battalion commander who had his driver drive up to firing line. Concussion from the main gun busted the ballistic glass in his HMMWV and him and his driver abandoned it as their stumbled off to the medic tent.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Gunshots outside the Washington Nationals' park, weird scene

https://twitter.com/BarnHasSpoken2/status/1416572981325803523

https://twitter.com/jalen_drummond/status/1416572419263844356

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1416573621032660992

https://twitter.com/JackLeonardi/status/1416575865484361728

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 18, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

This kind of poo poo has been happening all year. Violent crime is up significantly in DC, which isn’t uncommon for summer, but it’s getting a lot of attention because it’s spilling into neighborhoods that historically haven’t had much violent crime. Aside from opportunistic robberies and such, most violent crime in DC is pretty targeted and linked to neighborhood “crews” (small, tightly localized gangs) than it is random. Nats Stadium itself is usually fine but the adjacent neighborhoods aren’t so great, so it wouldn’t be outlandish if some neighborhood drama spilled out near the stadium.

It’s just been weird in DC in general. Lot more people on edge or with a short fuse. I tend to avoid the major nightlife corridors on weekends, though that’s mostly because I have two dogs who demand constant walks and play sessions.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

not caring here posted:

The number one way to get dismounts away from your tank is to just fire the main gun.

We had an idiot battalion commander who had his driver drive up to firing line. Concussion from the main gun busted the ballistic glass in his HMMWV and him and his driver abandoned it as their stumbled off to the medic tent.

Isn't this why we employ combined arms? Not an Army man, but I believe we discovered the solution for this some time ago.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh yeah, if it's an area without clear sight lines, or an area where you can't just destroy everything, you want crunchies to watch your back.

With a modern tank though if it's open terrain no one is sneaking up on you. Potentially you can have all 4 sets of eyes looking in different directions, with some having massive zoom, thermal, and 360 view. And only the loader has to poke out the top if they've got remote weapons systems.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

Oh yeah, if it's an area without clear sight lines, or an area where you can't just destroy everything, you want crunchies to watch your back.

With a modern tank though if it's open terrain no one is sneaking up on you. Potentially you can have all 4 sets of eyes looking in different directions, with some having massive zoom, thermal, and 360 view. And only the loader has to poke out the top if they've got remote weapons systems.

I simply don't believe you. The only way you could convince me is by posting classified info to this forum in order to win the argument.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I simply don't believe you. The only way you could convince me is by posting classified info to this forum in order to win the argument.

Yeah where’s that active denial system at. Post pics

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm having trouble getting my head around how an adversary would defeat these denial systems or imaging tech being employed, have there been any developments on the counter-tank warfare R&D from the US side you guys know about?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

I'm having trouble getting my head around how an adversary would defeat these denial systems or imaging tech being employed, have there been any developments on the counter-tank warfare R&D from the US side you guys know about?

This seems like the dawning of a goatse renaissance.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

maffew buildings posted:

The actual version of this honeypot is every time someone starts musing about drone defense.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hyperspectral scanning from the tank deployed drones from under the tank skirts, duh, don't you guys read your 5G implant briefings? Amateurs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you don’t post the classified docs I have to assume that you’re the new IDR

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

If you don’t post the classified docs I have to assume that you’re the new IDR

MyPay sure is terrible, am I right fellas?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Y'all making NSAWizard work on a Sunday

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We make people post proof when they claim they have pups and I’m not sure why we don’t do the same thing for TS and above clearances.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That Works posted:

Y'all making NSAWizard work on a Sunday

He never sleeps.

Didn't someone get drunk and blab about subs and a whole lot of foreign ips logged onto the forums or something or is that what is being discussed

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

boop the snoot posted:

We make people post proof when they claim they have pups and I’m not sure why we don’t do the same thing for TS and above clearances.

Because we're forei... oh. Oops.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's because we don't give out plaques and trophies for acquiring a clearance.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

He never sleeps.

Didn't someone get drunk and blab about subs and a whole lot of foreign ips logged onto the forums or something or is that what is being discussed

Also a jagoff dude posted some classified poo poo about what the US would do in a war with North Korea.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Midjack posted:

This seems like the dawning of a goatse renaissance.

"The Geodesic Offensive Anti-Tank System of Engagement is the latest technology used to defend armored vehicles. An upgrade over existing APS setups, GOATSE has been specially designed to create a ring of protection while engaging in deep penetration maneuvers. Enemies will find GOATSE where they least expect it, and any attacks will be immediately engulfed within its gaping maw. In addition, when paired with the Combat eXtension package, GOATSE.CX is capable of displaying even more range and penetrative capabilities.

Rest assured, gentlemen, this is the future of warfare—not that TUBGIRL poo poo General Dynamics is offering."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That guy that posted an ask/tell thread about Nuclear MASINT and then got reamed so hard he killed himself

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 18, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shame on an IGA posted:

That guy that posted an ask/tell thread about Nuclear MASINT and then got reamed so hard he killed himself

Holy poo poo i remember the dude but didnt know that happened

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Acebuckeye13 posted:

"The Geodesic Offensive Anti-Tank System of Engagement is the latest technology used to defend armored vehicles. An upgrade over existing APS setups, GOATSE has been specially designed to create a ring of protection while engaging in deep penetration maneuvers. Enemies will find GOATSE where they least expect it, and any attacks will be immediately engulfed within its gaping maw. In addition, when paired with the Combat eXtension package, GOATSE.CX is capable of displaying even more range and penetrative capabilities.

Rest assured, gentlemen, this is the future of warfare—not that TUBGIRL poo poo General Dynamics is offering."

On paper the Tactical Unit Ballistic and Grenade Incept and Reconnaissance Laser seems to surpass it in every way, but rumor is that implementation has been a shitshow.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's because we don't give out plaques and trophies for acquiring a clearance.

Pretty sure if GRU or SVR gave out participation trophies 60% of people with clearances would give poo poo up just for something to take a picture of to post to their loving Facebook walls.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The less said about the Modular Enhanced Anti-Tank Surveillance Pod, Infrared for Night the better

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also a jagoff dude posted some classified poo poo about what the US would do in a war with North Korea.

Mot Bailey, now known in the USN as lieutenant commander Bailey.

:sigh:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GD_American posted:

Holy poo poo i remember the dude but didnt know that happened

Yeah he died. His dad was the commander of the 55th, and even then he hosed up so hard he took his life rather than anymore licks from Uncle Sam.

Sad story honestly.

Again:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pretty sure if GRU or SVR gave out participation trophies 60% of people with clearances would give poo poo up just for something to take a picture of to post to their loving Facebook walls.

Only the smartest 1% of people will be able to answer all these questions!
1. The make and model of your first car.
2. Your elementary school.
3. A city name that doesn't contain the letter "a".
4. The activation code for a B83 nuclear bomb.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Nimitz wept

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Didn't he also post a bunch of poo poo about ships movement and material condition during an INSURV?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

That's terrible. How long ago was that?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I remember attending a security talk where the guy said you could tell staff "do not show your credentials to anyone outside the building" and no matter how much you emphasized "seriously, don't show it to anyone" you still had:
  • Nearby Chinese restaurant (with suspiciously low prices) that attracts all the staff
  • Restaurant is all "X" EMPLOYEES GET 15% OFF
  • Just, uh, show your badge to get the discount :mmmhmm:
And literally everyone did it all day every day

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It’s the same as my luggage!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Wingnut Ninja posted:

"They don't tell us that, but I can link you to a site that tells you all about how and where we store B61s overseas!" :downs:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

piL posted:

On paper the Tactical Unit Ballistic and Grenade Incept and Reconnaissance Laser seems to surpass it in every way, but rumor is that implementation has been a shitshow.

Yeah, but the few pictures released of that system have been heavily pixelated and it's impossible to determine how effective it really is.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah, but the few pictures released of that system have been heavily pixelated and it's impossible to determine how effective it really is.

The manufacturer says it’s pinpoint accurate, but field tests indicate a “spray and pray” approach works best.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Yeah he died. His dad was the commander of the 55th, and even then he hosed up so hard he took his life rather than anymore licks from Uncle Sam.

Sad story honestly.

Again:

Aw, gently caress. I remember I either banned or super-probated him and edited out several of his posts in GIP when I saw them. It scared the poo poo out of me, how much he was just blithely talking about.

I remember because grover had appointed himself Infosec Fuhrer and that’s the only time I had to step in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

GD_American posted:

Aw, gently caress. I remember I either banned or super-probated him and edited out several of his posts in GIP when I saw them. It scared the poo poo out of me, how much he was just blithely talking about.

I remember because grover had appointed himself Infosec Fuhrer and that’s the only time I had to step in

It must feel good to stick it to an O-6 equivalent