Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That'll probably be pretty cool actually!

Hopefully it won't be too long before they get to start a 2nd season of SRX after that race :). There's always fans at the track, but I think that's probably hard to judge as they are probably there for other races more than the SRX races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
SRX has promoters' promoters, they know that a race is a show, that events should be momentous. NASCAR has solidified this format where your favorite driver will tell you after the race that he's pretty happy with a 7th place finish just grinding to the playoffs.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I hope Awesome Bill makes up 3 laps under green

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kyle Busch confirmed today is his last Xfinity race.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Matty D loses his ride again

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lol the xfinity race sponsor this weekend is going to go over like a lead balloon

Ambetter Get Vaccinated 200

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

big nipples big life posted:

lol the xfinity race sponsor this weekend is going to go over like a lead balloon

Ambetter Get Vaccinated 200
Yeah NH is probably not the best place for that one.

I live in MA and I seriously contemplated going up for the double header today, mods and xfinity, but I just drove back from Maine a few days ago and the traffic was so brutal I don't even want to think about driving anywhere for a while. Plus I basically only wanted to go for the mod race which I just looked up won't be on TV until Aug 11 which sucks. I'm not sure if it was where we got to watch or that the mods are the best racing there but the last time I was up there my buddy and I went with a crew that was running in an open mod show. We ended up watching most of the race from a little pic-nic table out in the turn 3 infield and it was pretty awesome.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

NH has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country so not sure why everyone is acting like the event name is an affront

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Ungratek posted:

NH has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country so not sure why everyone is acting like the event name is an affront

That's good to know. Most places I go in NH are local short tracks and last year when masks were required everywhere, including outdoors, there was a very live free or die attitude to doing that so I kinda got the feeling taking the vaccine would be taken on with a similar attitude.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

bigbillystyle posted:

That's good to know. Most places I go in NH are local short tracks and last year when masks were required everywhere, including outdoors, there was a very live free or die attitude to doing that so I kinda got the feeling taking the vaccine would be taken on with a similar attitude.

I've spent a good portion of my life in New England. I have a similar attitude about New Hampshire. Then I go literally anywhere in the US and see that NH is only insane compared to like, canada and vermont.

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 18, 2021

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Vasukhani posted:

I've spent a good portion of my life in New England. I have a similar attitude about New Hampshire. Then I go literally anywhere in the US and see that NH is just insane compared to like, canada and vermont.

Southern NH is just a northern extent on Massachusetts now, while northern NH is full of unemployed meth heads.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I had the sound off, and maybe it was the camera angle, but was Kyle bumping the pace car?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

NASCAR are loving idiots

And yeah he was - he wants to go home at this point

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
My goofy 13 year old a while back: "what would happen if somebody hit the pace car?"

Me: "honey, nobody is going to hit the pace car"

Apparently I am just an idiot.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktyKgTuBn4g

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

banner day for nascar

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Just some drivers tossing the pigskin with the fans.

Edit: can we talk about these dumbass pit timing rules that force unsafe cars out onto the track for a lap?

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 18, 2021

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Hell yeah Aric. Great race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that race kicked rear end

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I was enjoying the summer and driving home. Did I miss anything besides the leaders getting hosed by Nascar?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A Great Winner, A Great Race, give New Hampshire back its second date.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Good winner, funny race.

I have to give Kyle credit, that was one of the better interviews of his career.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not as much action in the final SRX race. Chase Elliott gets the win and had some nice racing with his dad in Heat 1 and the start of the Main Event.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not as much action in the final SRX race. Chase Elliott gets the win and had some nice racing with his dad in Heat 1 and the start of the Main Event.

I did manage to catch the last 60 or so main laps of SRX from hotel room sat night.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It felt to me that Promoter Smoke overruled Driver Smoke late in the going; if it were any other driver in the field, there's a good chance he moves him.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

It felt to me that Promoter Smoke overruled Driver Smoke late in the going; if it were any other driver in the field, there's a good chance he moves him.

Well maybe. But I think it might be a bad reflection on the sport if Tony Stewart is inviting Nascar legends to run races... and then spinning them out to win. "gently caress you this is my house"

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well maybe. But I think it might be a bad reflection on the sport if Tony Stewart is inviting Nascar legends to run races... and then spinning them out to win. "gently caress you this is my house"

Paul tracey did this well enough on his own.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Well, poo poo, seems Bob Jenkins has died... :(

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
You knew that yellow for debris that was outside the racing line was going to breed 3 or 4 more cautions but holy poo poo

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Although those cars all just went straight through where that debris was so in that regard I guess I'm wrong LMAO

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

So so dumb

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Great racing? Can't have that poo poo. Let's have a basic component of the track fail

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I don't get what took so long to red flag? You could see the 24's oil going all over the second he hit it. Fortunately the guys who hit the tires were not injured afaik.

They wanted a couple in to move things along for TV? Did they think it would be an easy repair?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
What a loving shitshow.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I hate Michael McDowell so loving much

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Ungratek posted:

So so dumb

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

GD_American posted:

I hate Michael McDowell so loving much

Apparently he did what you're supposed to do, since Bubba got penalized for not doing it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Pinecone Sample posted:

Apparently he did what you're supposed to do, since Bubba got penalized for not doing it.

(inside NASCAR rules trailer)
"hmmmm act of self-preservation on part of driver = no penalty*"
"What's that asterisk there, Bob"
"let me see, Appendix A....."in case of black driver, NASCAR shall-"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol the finish of the race we keep getting told is so prestigious, bumped to their cable channel for the beginning of amateur golf. Is there anything that could sum up how far NASCAR has fallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

GD_American posted:

(inside NASCAR rules trailer)
"hmmmm act of self-preservation on part of driver = no penalty*"
"What's that asterisk there, Bob"
"let me see, Appendix A....."in case of black driver, NASCAR shall-"

Not to say there's none of that, but you're assuming that NASCAR writes/enforces rules with any conception of what the implications are of behavior/consequences in a real race.