Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost
That poor loving frog, all he wanted to do was piss with his pants down :(

As embarrassing as that exchange is, I'd believe those two rubes would do that to any streamer that expressed an interest in "playing games".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I finally did it. I started reading this thread in December and I'm finally current with this thread.

Run, lady! He's going to cut off your arms and legs and store you in a crate!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
citizens are basically those classmates you never heard from for years only to suddenly call you to sell you a life insurance

I wonder how many friends does he have outside of the 'Verse

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Thoatse posted:

Some kind of of micro pig pet breed I'm not sure which kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikw5HhxC5UM

It would be pretty weird to eat pork if you have a micro pig pet.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Btw is she somebody well known or do the gamer dads just have a twitter alert for every time some young lady says "gamer girl"?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

She has like 2000 followers on twitter.

Random people on the internet isn't your friends.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Micro, mini, teacup, etc pigs are not real and are the result of animal abuse in the form of malnutrition by breeders. Properly fed they will grow anywhere between ~70 to 200+ lbs depending on the actual breed of the pig.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

Maybe he meant millstone?

The management style of Chris being like a millstone hung around the neck of development sounds about right.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Next you are going to tell us that sexy bears are not really and only a figment of lusty goons imagination.

Pff, whatever.

:iiasb:

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Is that.......a girl? Lust fills my mind as my thoughts drift to page 4,317 of my Star Citizen fanfic where I trap a young maiden on my ship.......wait! Get a hold of yourself! You have to lure her in before you can trap her, idiot! OK, let's try my best pickup line.....

Want to see my big spaceship?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

cirus posted:

Is that.......a girl? Lust fills my mind as my thoughts drift to page 4,317 of my Star Citizen fanfic where I trap a young maiden on my ship.......wait! Get a hold of yourself! You have to lure her in before you can trap her, idiot! OK, let's try my best pickup line.....

I named my Idris The Implication

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

This whole exchange is horrible.

Obviously Jorunn is the worst in this situation but describing yourself as the "rare girly gamer girl" is some real "not like the other girls" energy.

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021
Cringe as gently caress

.random
May 7, 2007

lobsterminator posted:

I named my Idris The Implication

…do you consent to board? :q:

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

Something is off about this. I think it is CGI.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Fidelitious posted:

"rare girly gamer girl"

Heated gaming moments, for her

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

cirus posted:

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021

Exquisite true art

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Meh.

Girls play video games, yes. Shocking as it may be. No they don't want to marry you. Yes they probably do want your money.

Stop being creepy.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

skeletors_condom posted:

It would be pretty weird to eat pork if you have a micro pig pet.

This but extended to all animals. I stopped in 1996 for this reason along with the absolute unsustainability of it on a global scale. The ongoing health benefits were a welcome bonus

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Who was the Citizen that did all sorts of weird photoshop, including a sexy one of Sandi with a flag iirc

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

marumaru posted:

Who was the Citizen that did all sorts of weird photoshop, including a sexy one of Sandi with a flag iirc
I think you mean AdzAdama

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Dwesa posted:

my god

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Its funny how Star Citizens who want EVE Online in their game without 90% of the work. I still find it baffling how many discord servers have Star Citizen chat rooms with nerds in the echo chamber just daydreaming of how things would be, and how "epic space battles" will be a thing.

EVE fights even with good FC's are messy as hell. Now imagine everything is realtime with 20 players in ships trying to play realtime FTL, with pilots and gunners and turrets. Don't these kids realize that, it just won't happen?

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

no_recall posted:

Its funny how Star Citizens who want EVE Online in their game without 90% of the work. I still find it baffling how many discord servers have Star Citizen chat rooms with nerds in the echo chamber just daydreaming of how things would be, and how "epic space battles" will be a thing.

EVE fights even with good FC's are messy as hell. Now imagine everything is realtime with 20 players in ships trying to play realtime FTL, with pilots and gunners and turrets. Don't these kids realize that, it just won't happen?

I don't think it matters to them that it won't happen. It's not about playing a game for them, it's about reinforcing their self-image as a person who would play a game, and deliberately choosing to hang that self-image on a project that isn't actually going to require them to play a game. As long as Star Citizen promises to be a high-fidelity space simulator with infinite detail at all scales where a good player will excel and win the respect, adulation, and deference of everyone else, they can imagine that, yes, this is the game they've been waiting for, this is the reason they don't play other games -- they're waiting for Star Citizen, which is the only game with the ambition and detail that they crave. They'll spend money every year to buy ships that demonstrate their commitment to the dream and lay the groundwork for their triumphant career in the BDSSE, but deep down they're also quietly grateful that the game is nowhere near delivering anything like that dream, because if it ever released, they would have to confront the sad facts that they don't like it, they don't want to play it, they especially don't want to play it with other people, and they don't want to run the risk that they might be bad at playing it.

And boy, does CIG go the extra mile catering to these guys, from empty patches that encourage their customers to wait for the next patch instead of playing this one, to gameplay features that are always waiting on invisible back-end improvements that never seem to improve anything, to friendly echo chambers where they can theorycraft and dream to their heart's content.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Nearly 10 years on and Squadron 42, the only part of this goddamned shitshow I was ever actually interested in, is still nowhere to be seen.

Meanwhile, the TIE Fighter Total Conversion for X-Wing Alliance just came out and it's actually pretty good.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Fidelitious posted:

My first real job was doing QA on government-contracted software for the FAA and USAF. The software's purpose was to design more efficient take-off and landing routes at airports now that many airports and air bases had more advanced tech for helping planes position themselves on approach etc. This was particularly big for the USAF since saving fighter-jet fuel is a big cost savings.
QA was a very big thing because computers can be very bad at floating point math and getting the wrong digit in the hundreds place could be the difference between flying smoothly between a gap and smashing into the side of a mountain and killing everyone on board.

I guess my point is that this was a partially military funded project with basically infinite money and our testing procedure was not anywhere near 150 pages. In keeping with tradition though, it was poorly managed and I believe shut down after blowing through millions of dollars with no usable result.

Thanks for this :)

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Dwesa posted:

God drat, the photoshops are terrible:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15883-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Dwesa posted:

He only has one post on Spectrum in 2021, and hasn't posted an image since last year. :ohdear:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

marumaru posted:

Wait, Sandi with a flag was a photoshop? I legit thought CIG did this :lol:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

boviscopophobic posted:

He only has one post on Spectrum in 2021, and hasn't posted an image since last year. :ohdear:

Not gonna lie, the Adz Adama dump is my favourite part of the thread.

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021
AdzAdama should be the creative director. Let the Thumb focus on rivets and poo poo.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

marumaru posted:

commando in tophat posted:

Wait, Sandi with a flag was a photoshop? I legit thought CIG did this :lol:

Wait, this one???? holy poo poo that's cringe

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Is that actually a photoshop, I just assumed it was some weird thing that Sandi did herself.
That can't be AdzAdama though, it's not his style at all.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fidelitious posted:

Is that actually a photoshop, I just assumed it was some weird thing that Sandi did herself.

It's both. The original was with an Aussi flag, from her old working days.
That's a recolour of the flag to get rid of the stars and Union Jack, and with a stencil slapped on top with a random blend mode and a mesh warp that doesn't actually match the folds of the flag.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

This is one of the more normal photoshops. Anyone know the OG source?

Makes sense that the actual pic with Mrs Roberts is legit and AdzAdama photoshopped the SC logo. Although I always thought this was a legit component of CIG's marketing.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

skeletors_condom posted:

This is one of the more normal photoshops. Anyone know the OG source?

Makes sense that the actual pic with Mrs Roberts is legit and AdzAdama photoshopped the SC logo. Although I always thought this was a legit component of CIG's marketing.

pacific rim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Went to Silverstone yesterday, was awesome
gently caress start ctzen it sucks balls