Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll check them out and see what clicks. Maybe I’ll even tell u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A talking coyote posted:

Comedy option: Tights and Fights

Please don’t subject yourself to tights and fights.

I'm not familiar with Tights and Fights, what's its whole deal?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave obituary time

Orndorff, who was a star from the start of his career, with good looks and a great body, had access to more than most. One night at a show, in an arena that had an office with couch that the wrestlers were allowed into and often slept with women fans, he had a contest of how many women they could have sex with from the start of the show to the finish, a three-hour time limit. Keep in mind that they also had to take time out to wrestle on the show. He won the contest, with seven.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God I love Dave Meltzer

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

3.99 for a month sale on f4w if anyone wants to give it a try

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Danielle Radford kind of obnoxious, imo. Hal Lublin is a great voice actor and seems like a swell guy, but he doesn't have the charisma to run the show. Lindsay Kelk is okay. The best reason to listen to the show was Open Mike Eagle, and it looks like he hasn't been a regular in the show for 2 or 3 years. Nobody on the show has anything resembling a unique take that you couldn't hear on a better show with more likeable people.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Imagine 3 people who watch WWE and only WWE as background noise and then discuss it. That's the podcast. When Open Mike Eagle was on it was those 3 people and one guy who watches all the major promotions and loves the indies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sounds like a cool pod.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it's not.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

3.99 for a month sale on f4w if anyone wants to give it a try

Nice, thanks

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah, I tried to like it but it's real bad. It has nothing to offer.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Lindsay Kelk is the person that tweeted that she was deeply uncomfortable with Marko Stunt being a jobber that got squashed by big dudes and called it “lazy and regressive” right? If so that doesn’t make it particularly interested in hearing her other thoughts on pro wrestling.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
find a wrestler other than minis that doesn't tower over marko and maybe she'd have a point

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

Lindsay Kelk is the person that tweeted that she was deeply uncomfortable with Marko Stunt being a jobber that got squashed by big dudes and called it “lazy and regressive” right? If so that doesn’t make it particularly interested in hearing her other thoughts on pro wrestling.

among other incredible takes, yes

gotta wonder how the cope has been with sasha banks getting redpilled

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

Marko should be getting even more squashed imo

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Imagine 3 people who watch WWE and only WWE as background noise and then discuss it.

Uh I think you forgot to mention there's women on the show which somehow instantly makes it good

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Uh I think you forgot to mention there's women on the show which somehow instantly makes it good

Nah I'm not really weird

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

This week's rudo Recap of Fyter Fest is up! The Rudo gang asks questions like: Can Arn eat solid foods after getting kicked in the face? Who will be in the Dark Order vs Elite 5 on 5? These and more!

https://twitter.com/RudoWrestling/status/1416183906009759744?s=19

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

IceAgeComing posted:

lol wow that sucks

No obviously he should be beating up all the bigger guys cuz it's not the size of the dog in the fight etc.

Signor
Oct 10, 2005
Huzzah!
The worst thing about Tights and Fights is listening to the hypocrisy and double standards of the hosts in regards to gender and general morals and different promotions, and the obvious bootlicking they do for WWE (especially Kelk)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
is wrestlesplania still around

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Seams posted:

is wrestlesplania still around

I haven't listened to it since Kath left the pod, because Rachel, unchecked by Kath, is just constantly screaming at the top of her lungs.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, Kath Barbadoro was the moderating influence of Wrestlesplainia and Rachel + Indie Workers was not a formula for success in my opinion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hell yeah brother

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't know why it came to me but i just remembered like 3 or 4 years ago when kefin mahon said on the ae podcast that NXT UK would be good for british wrestling and lol'd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought you said kevin mcmahon, the music artist behind the 'Prick' and 'Lucky Pierre' projects. very good. i didn't really think that though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

i don't know why it came to me but i just remembered like 3 or 4 years ago when kefin mahon said on the ae podcast that NXT UK would be good for british wrestling and lol'd

he was right in that it killed the nonce mill that was britwres

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I still like Wrestlesplainia but they haven't really done much through the pandemic, though apparently new eps are coming soon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he was right in that it killed the nonce mill that was britwres

Am I remembering right that in the wake of all the horrible Speaking Out poo poo that BritWres was involved in, Triple H tried to claim that NXT UK was created to make a safe place away from these kind of dangerous unregulated companies.... even though NXT UK was continuing to employ multiple guys named as being perpetrators?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don’t know if this is supposed to be a dig at me or something but whatever the case, this is a weird post

Listened to the latest episode of Marty And Sarah Love Wrestling, lot of fun and great chemistry between the hosts! It’s going on my list! The rest of the recommendations either isn’t of interest to me (PWG), is behind a paywall (Salcedo) or is bad (Tights & Fights which I’ve unfortunately tried to listen to). Stopped listening to Wrestlesplania when Kath left due to the reasons mentioned

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Salcedo's show isn't paywalled? She's on the F4W YouTube for free

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Salcedo's show isn't paywalled? She's on the F4W YouTube for free

Oh, thanks! I ended up on the website when I was searching for it so I just figured you’d have to have a subscription. I do actually sub the YT channel so guess I’ll check it out!

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Cavauro posted:

i thought you said kevin mcmahon, the music artist behind the 'Prick' and 'Lucky Pierre' projects. very good. i didn't really think that though

The Prick album is very underrated.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

collocation posted:

The Prick album is very underrated.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
QT Marshall on the Major Wrestling Figures Podcast is really entertaining. He was really obsessive about action figures as a kid!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I'm baaaaack!

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Episode 4 - Nov 8th 1999

Dailymotion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82s9og
(Might be in HD if you wait a bit, might not)

Glad to be back in the saddle with BaVvNaR, after some personal issues kept me from being able to for a while, and this is a hell of an episode to come back to, as the boys tackle a truly awful episode of Nitro, perhaps the worst wrestling show ever seen? You be the judge. (But no, Heroes of Wrestling is worse.) This one took a while to edit for the same reason it took B&V a long time to cover: so many segments. Just so many. I also had to get this edit under an hour due to Dailymotion's video duration limit, which I didn't know about until I ran up against it!

FEATURING: An awesome Vinny rant, stalking and menacing, fake news, terrible finishes, Goldberg playing dressup and playing hide and go seek, still the worst tournament ever, still dog-like humping, Liz being manhandled, a very expensive toilet scrubber, a fake fight that's worse than Jenna vs. Sharmell, Seven, a fake injury, a very chill rebellious punk youth, just so many Creative Control run-ins, Torrie Wilson, Bam Bam Bigelow being lost outside time and space, broken car windows, and the dumbest finish to a ladder match ever.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Generico posted:

I'm baaaaack!

Sweet! Looking forward to watching this when I get a chance.

Also, for the thread - since Lance is in place of Vinny and WWE is going to release a doc about the 9/11 show, they are going to review it after all. This Tuesday. And Lance was at that show so he's going to give his first-hand insight.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bryan & Lance & Craig are doing the post-9/11 SmackDown this Tuesday, mainly because of the documentary WWE just announced is coming out.

e:f;b

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

El Generico posted:

I'm baaaaack!

glad I randomly checked out this thread, because these are fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El Generico posted:

I'm baaaaack!

Holy poo poo I am so glad you're still doing this because audio does not do justice to Bryan saying,"Everytime they took a bump they stopped and did a little pose" followed by that loving little leg kick thing :lol:

Also AC Jazz was clearly saying,"The last time I are a awww a rarr ahh atta dprtment store at Kmart!" :colbert:

Edit: oh my God this is the "I HAVE A VERY LARGE BRAIN! :argh:" episode :vince:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 19, 2021