Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope you all stay in the dc universe with this little joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Thunder Rosa should have her own comic book

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

only if it is a DC comic book. i hate marvel, and i don't like to see marvel talked about, so don't do it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If Hook develops a fraction of Taz's mic skills and all of the suplexing he is going to be huge (already taller than his dad too!).

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
runs a wrestling gym and books mission pro by day, saves people from danger at night, has a motorcycle and leathers, improvises weapons a lot, beats the poo poo out of landlords

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
how long you think taz and hook been game planning his wrassling career? kids first match will probably be something they started talking about 15 years ago :3

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

If Hook develops a fraction of Taz's mic skills and all of the suplexing he is going to be huge (already taller than his dad too!).

he needs to be wider than Taz

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

like this

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
mods asleep, post wide hook

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thassa future champ right there

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You said WIDER than Taz though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's going to be a sad day when Hook wrestles his first match and it's terrible.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Hook's gonna need a lot of training to develop a perfectly square body

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

so, john silver with hair?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1416824833883746305?s=20

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

Duke Pukem posted:

so, john silver with hair?

:lmao:

Ethan Page and Hook romance confirmed. Ricky Starks needs to approve this.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Why’s everyone so worked up about TNA? It stands for “Total Nonstop Action,” a perfectly appropriate name!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

hooooooooooook

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

smarxist posted:

Tired: wide hook
Wired: long Taz

Only registered members can see post attachments!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
inspired: inverted hobbs

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

inspired: inverted hobbs

Negative Hobbs vs - 1 in Full Gear 2032

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm loving hyped to see JD Drake and Eddie chop each other. These two and Penta are my favourite chop dealers in AEW right now. At least until Paul gets into the ring and delivers one of his overhead chops that I can hear from across the Atlantic.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Holy poo poo is that the Big Ben Bash?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So considering they've got a show in Pittsburgh coming up and she keeps getting the pop of the night, should we just take it as read that Britt Baker is a face now?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lamuella posted:

So considering they've got a show in Pittsburgh coming up and she keeps getting the pop of the night, should we just take it as read that Britt Baker is a face now?

not to be “shades of grey” russo guy but i think shes just a likable bitch, perhaps even That Bitch. shes very much the face vs nyla but her promos while shes getting massively cheered still have that heelness that we know and love

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yea ok posted:

perhaps even That Bitch

:thunkher:

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Britt is a classic tweener, she hasn't changed any of her heel shtick but is going up against a pure heel and is popping the crowd. It'll be interesting to see what happens the next time they try to put her against a popular face. Even Thunder Rosa would probably still only be able to split the crowd with Baker as hot as she is right now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

She is demonstrably not That Bitch and will never be. That position is filled.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Very good points. I would say that the difference between a heel and a face version of her character is a matter of direction, a bit like heel and face Rock in 1998-1999 or Jericho and Eddie Kingston in AEW today.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

She is demonstrably not That Bitch and will never be. That position is filled.

Indeed, this disrespect to Missy Elliot will not stand.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Woman's second belt is the "That B" championship and it's just a diamond and gem encrusted bronze B on a leather strap.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

We probably are heading towards Britt vs Jade and I think the build to it could be really fun but man. That match is going to blow

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i have faith in big dustin to make it good. the girls kick butt!!!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think Thunder Rosa will be the first heart breaker reign where she finally dethrones Britt, but then is killed by Jade. And this will be okay because the world, tag, and possibly TNT title will all be on faces.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Crapple! posted:

We probably are heading towards Britt vs Jade and I think the build to it could be really fun but man. That match is going to blow

Yeah i hate it when two good wrestlers have a wrestling match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lamuella posted:

She's been a face since the hamburger party. Why do I need to keep saying this and why has no one else here noticed???

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

To the people who doubted whether Thunder Rosa would even be interested in signing with AEW:

I'm never washing this Twitter again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Vince MechMahon posted:

She's been a face since the hamburger party. Why do I need to keep saying this and why has no one else here noticed???

Britt got over by insulting people, upping her in-ring game like crazy, and being friends with Tony Schiavone.

Whether she's heel or face, none of those things should ever change. She's a face, but if she started acting nice to people or telling the fans she loved them, she wouldn't be the same.