Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I... yes. That's what the movie us about. A few good men standing up to structures and systems of power.

Do people think Col. Jessop was the hero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Barnaby Joyce says Nationals won’t commit to net zero carbon emissions without seeing ‘menu’ (Guardian). "Deputy PM says push towards 2050 target is like being served ‘sautéed gherkins and sashimi tadpoles’ at a restaurant".

Broelman:

British far-right commentator Katie Hopkins to be deported from Australia after her visa was cancelled (SBS). "It comes after the Seven Network dropped the British commentator as a cast member of Big Brother on Sunday. The federal government has cancelled the visa of British far-right commentator Katie Hopkins after she boasted about flouting hotel quarantine rules on social media."

Warren Brown:

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian spotted without mask (news.com.au) "The NSW Premier has appeared on the front page of one of the country’s biggest daily newspapers without a mask during Sydney’s lockdown. ... The photographs showed Ms Berejiklian and partner Arthur Moses outside a cafe where the pair grabbed coffee."

Kudelka:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Gladys Berejiklian and NSW CHO Dr. Kerry Chant.

Leunig:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Tibalt posted:

I... yes. That's what the movie us about. A few good men standing up to structures and systems of power.

Son, we live in a world with movies. And those movies have to be misunderstood by the people who watch them.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
I know I'm catching up from many pages ago, but this is just extraordinary.

"My goodness but this Kamala Harris is out of touch. She has no idea how wealthy and patrician we rural folk are!"

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Tibalt posted:

It's one of those lines that has enter the collective conscious through osmosis. It's now completely divorced from any context in the movie itself, like "I'm mad as hell, and not going to take it anymore." The movie itself is close to 30 years old, I imagine most people haven't seen it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fidel's been dead for years you stupid, stupid man.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

Being stranded on a desert island, with no medical access, and realizing you might have Covid is indeed a terrifying situation! Oh wait you're just mad at the app.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

So mad at the app he hasn't realised he's still got a working phone.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, imagine what 2017 - 2021 would have been like.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yep, if there's one thing conservatives respond to, it's shame.

Bennett on a roll for uninspired cartooning. Which is only a shame because he can be so good.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Fidel's been dead for years you stupid, stupid man.

And he died from smoking all that Cuba

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I dont know posted:

It's one of those lines that has enter the collective conscious through osmosis. It's now completely divorced from any context in the movie itself, like "I'm mad as hell, and not going to take it anymore." The movie itself is close to 30 years old, I imagine most people haven't seen it.

I never sat through the movie and I still got that Jack Nicholson is accused of wrongdoing and he incriminates himself in court.
In any other thread I'd suspect the cartoonist is playing to an audience that agrees with that character, but this is politoons so everyone is dumb.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

By popular demand posted:

I never sat through the movie and I still got that Jack Nicholson is accused of wrongdoing and he incriminates himself in court.
In any other thread I'd suspect the cartoonist is playing to an audience that agrees with that character, but this is politoons so everyone is dumb.

Conservatives always identify with the Tough Guy, no matter how hard (usually in spite of how hard) the media in question paints them out to be a stupid piece of poo poo who should be reviled at every possible opportunity.
The one laying down sick burns and telling everyone else how it really is, doubling down no matter how wrong they're proven to be and otherwise being the most colossal rear end in a top hat in the room, that's the guy they want to be.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Zesty posted:

Yep, if there's one thing conservatives respond to, it's shame.

Bennett on a roll for uninspired cartooning. Which is only a shame because he can be so good.

It's not well considered, as one antivax narrative is "people who object to the vaccine are unfairly maligned". How many people in modern society see the dunce cap as a fair punishment for children? This cartoon could easily be misinterpreted as antivax. "Shaming people who don't take the vaccine is just as cruel and ineffective as this outdated teaching technique"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stantis is so incurious and unimaginative that he couldn’t come up with a fun new slogan for trump 2024, instead settling for one that wouldn’t make sense

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I mean, Trump is so incurious and unimaginative he tried to run his 2016 campaign over again in 2020 and will absolutely run it again in 2024 so if anything Stantis is giving him too much credit that he won't just MAGA again.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Compete with This

Ted Rall posted:

President Joe Biden signed an executive order asking the Federal Trade Commission to crack down on spurious “non-compete clauses” in employment contracts. 20% of American workers, including burger flippers, are covered by contracts that prohibit them from working for a competitor.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Vib Rib posted:

Being stranded on a desert island, with no medical access, and realizing you might have Covid is indeed a terrifying situation! Oh wait you're just mad at the app.

I mean he was on a cruise ship so he probably has like, every variant simultaneously

But that mean old government won't even let him have sex with the island lady :mad:.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I wonder what amount Rall would have accepted to never make another cartoon ever again. We nearly found out!!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If you took out “white” and possibly “patriarchal,” this comic could have run verbatim in 1994. Really underscores how conservatism functions and how only its objects shift very slightly.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I like the fast food worker wearing a purple chef's toque, a reasonable and normal part of the uniform for a low paying kitchen job.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yes, yes, GETTR, more like "Get her," congrats on telling a joke, but good grief it didn't require a thousand words.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

RoboRodent posted:

I like the fast food worker wearing a purple chef's toque, a reasonable and normal part of the uniform for a low paying kitchen job.
Use it as a stand in for any FF places work uniform (that they likely charged you for because you have to buy them from them ("it will come out of your first check")). The amount of shirts and hats that cost me 20 bucks at the start of a job I now no longer work is... annoying. I try to give them to coworkers before leaving though, save them an extra 20

Can't say I've never seen a non-compete for anything lower than a shift manager though.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 19, 2021

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I’m going to hand it to him.
“Disparagement is one of my favorite things.” Is a pretty great punchline for Rall talking about himself.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The worst is the burger-striped, baggy, collared polos that Burger King has. I saw this incredibly stylish-looking young woman changing into one of those last minute in the parking lot outside BK and she came out the other side looking like a thrift shop mannequin

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

D.N. Nation posted:

Yes, yes, GETTR, more like "Get her," congrats on telling a joke, but good grief it didn't require a thousand words.

Perhaps a two-week delay is not the best delivery method for a punchline that literally everyone already came up with independently in five seconds.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

I can't see "Get Her" without hearing it in the NPC voices from Perfect Dark.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It's you! You still follow the skunk! It doesn't matter what you say or do. None of that matters because you still follow the skunk! You are a skunk and you smell like one.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tibalt posted:

These are the same people who think Full Metal Jacket is a pro war movie. They 100% thinks he’s the hero for doing what had to be done and the court is weak liberals keeping a strong man who knows what’s truly right down

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

wizzardstaff posted:

Perhaps a two-week delay is not the best delivery method for a punchline that literally everyone already came up with independently in five seconds.

I look forward to the program failing if only so we can get cartoons of Larry the Cable Guy saying "GTTR done."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson being pinged by the NHS Covid app – The British PM will self-isolate after coming into contact with the health secretary, who has Covid-19. He had initially tried to avoid isolation by saying he was part of a pilot testing scheme, prompting a public outcry"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Bonus! David Squires on Space Jam 2.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

That regular wooden internal door has a teapot-sized gap at the bottom.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

lmfao

god it's so loving stupid, I love it

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

That regular wooden internal door has a teapot-sized gap at the bottom.

That's just how English doors are built.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I think I might be going crazy, but... Has Rall kinda been on a streak of Good Cartoons recently?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
shhhhh don't jinx it

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Capfalcon posted:

I think I might be going crazy, but... Has Rall kinda been on a streak of Good Cartoons recently?

Remember what happened last time someone posted this about Bennett :v:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
has anyone brought up the possibility that Ishida's gibberish shouldn't be interpreted as a Day by Day - style descent to madness, but as a Sarah Zero - style descent to madness? Because honestly that clears everything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SexyBlindfold posted:

has anyone brought up the possibility that Ishida's gibberish shouldn't be interpreted as a Day by Day - style descent to madness, but as a Sarah Zero - style descent to madness? Because honestly that clears everything up.

Whats the difference between the two?