Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

Britt got over by insulting people, upping her in-ring game like crazy, and being friends with Tony Schiavone.

Whether she's heel or face, none of those things should ever change. She's a face, but if she started acting nice to people or telling the fans she loved them, she wouldn't be the same.

For sure! You just put her against people who are in the wrong. Britt was TRYING to be nice and share her hamburgers with her good friend, beloved baby face announcer Tony Schiavone, and that awful Nyla ruined it because she's a big mean bully. Britt might be a shitheel, but she's OUR shitheel in this situation, which ironically makes her a face not a heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
You are describing a tweener.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

You are describing a tweener.

Who is currently in face mode.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There was a bit last promo where Rebel was pulling some "I'm not sure about that one" faces while standing behind Britt, and someone wondered if they were teasing a split. Which would surely be a terrible career move for Rebel unless she wanted to go entirely backstage again.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

To the people who doubted whether Thunder Rosa would even be interested in signing with AEW:

I'm never washing this Twitter again.

Nobody has ever doubted Thunder Rosa was interested in signing with AEW.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

On the one hand, hooray Fuego for being popular enough to be the face of AEW for a charity drive. One the other hand, the Salvation Army are just loving awful in every particular.

https://twitter.com/CulwellCenter/status/1417127513113841666

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lamuella posted:

On the one hand, hooray Fuego for being popular enough to be the face of AEW for a charity drive. One the other hand, the Salvation Army are just loving awful in every particular.

https://twitter.com/CulwellCenter/status/1417127513113841666

He's not the face of AEW, he's a grateful homeless man who Cody gave his pants to. He lost his home by flying to Jacksonville so much.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nobody has ever doubted Thunder Rosa was interested in signing with AEW.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vince MechMahon posted:

For sure! You just put her against people who are in the wrong. Britt was TRYING to be nice and share her hamburgers with her good friend, beloved baby face announcer Tony Schiavone, and that awful Nyla ruined it because she's a big mean bully. Britt might be a shitheel, but she's OUR shitheel in this situation, which ironically makes her a face not a heel.

On the other hand Nyla is cool and powerbombs people through tables, which is also cool.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

On the other hand Nyla is cool and powerbombs people through tables, which is also cool.

You could turn Nyla face in one segment (powerbombing Vickie though a table), although to me face Nyla is a bit different to heel Nyla. To work as a big crowd face she's have to bring more of her shitposting energy to her character in ring.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

aew could name their women’s division after another DC comic, The Invisibles. a little joke for the comics readers out there

mods pls rename this poster to The Filth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

Negative Hobbs vs - 1 in Full Gear 2032

Negative Dave gives it 3.5 stars bc he uses the men's matches as a bathroom break

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lamuella posted:

So considering they've got a show in Pittsburgh coming up and she keeps getting the pop of the night, should we just take it as read that Britt Baker is a face now?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

mods pls rename this poster to The Filth

man that was a hosed up comic book

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Crapple! posted:

We probably are heading towards Britt vs Jade
Where are you getting that? The last time we saw her was a segment where she said she was going to Hollywood because she's bigger than AEW, which definitely means they want her to get more training before she's touring TV ready.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jade is starring in a Thunder in Paradise remake

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro90xhgU3Ro

The Bucks go to Nier Automata

Nick and Kenny pretending they're taking all the Elite with them in this recording, and going "come on Matt, I saw you back there" exactly as he's walking through the hallway unaware of the bit xD

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 19, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Doesn't the show have tunnels to help out with this Britt confusion?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Doesn't the show have tunnels to help out with this Britt confusion?

I am an idiot that did not notice the Face Holes, and Heel Holes for like 8 months. My wife finally pointed it out and made fun of me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1417154479934279682

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

what the hell was that nemeth segment :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This is by far the best Vickie/Nyla/Ryzin bit.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao.

Mox finally got them to cinci.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

So considering they've got a show in Pittsburgh coming up and she keeps getting the pop of the night, should we just take it as read that Britt Baker is a face now?

I think it's just the company letting things ride naturally. Everyone watched Britt do cool things and grow during the pandemic, and now that crowds are back they want to cheer her because she was super fun to watch. She's definitely playing more of a face in the Nyla build, especially with the promo on Dynamite talking about how she's lost to Nyla before but will overcome this time. I have a feeling when Rosa is able to be fully All Elite, Britt will revert back to full-on heel mode.

I wouldn't overthink it, though. She's probably most closely related to Austin during the height of his Attitude Era run. He did zero babyface things and, by all logic, should have been a heel because all he did was beat the poo poo out of everybody including defenseless refs, commentators, and figureheads. It's just that his in-ring targets wound up being heels, so he was easy to cheer – plus what he was doing was different from what everyone else was doing in the company at the time.

AEW feels like a place that doesn't care if heels get cheered or babyfaces get booed in specific situations. Inner Circle were heels for longer than they were babyfaces, and they still made the Judas singalong the focal point of their entrance. People just want to do whatever and have fun!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

explosivo posted:

I think that was :aronrex: maybe?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

explosivo posted:

Loving Arthouse Hunk Ryan Nemeth.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lamuella posted:

You could turn Nyla face in one segment (powerbombing Vickie though a table), although to me face Nyla is a bit different to heel Nyla. To work as a big crowd face she's have to bring more of her shitposting energy to her character in ring.

I think Nyla smashing up the burger table was her getting closer to shitpost Nyla

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

explosivo posted:

Art. And easily the best thing on the show.

Man, BTEs have been stinkers lately. This week we even had the return of the bullshit nasal fingers gimmick.

The sitcom opening for the AMEN bit was fun, Peter and Leva dubbed was fun. Honk was fun. Everything else was just not great.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I laughed in a zoom meeting at a completely awkward time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

I think he's now a serial killer :stare:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it's the natural progression from hollywood honk to serial killer.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro90xhgU3Ro

The Bucks go to Nier Automata

Nick and Kenny pretending they're taking all the Elite with them in this recording, and going "come on Matt, I saw you back there" exactly as he's walking through the hallway unaware of the bit xD

After all this time, they finally gave us payoff on that old mystery of who tried to join the Dark Order short-term in order to beat down the Young Bucks.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

this is probably the closest AEW will ever come to me. Can't wait to get mad at bots stealing seats and there only being nosebleed left!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I think he's now a serial killer :stare:

He's the Hugh Dennis "milky milky" character.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Full House opener might be the best Ryzin/Vickie/Nyla have been in weeks.

Matt burying his newborn daughter by blaming her for him losing to Christian is amazing. And I actually screamed at Kenny wanting Matt to also clarify that he's better than Seth Rollins for absolutely no reason.

I have no idea what Honk is doing and it frightens me. Pretty Pete managed to do art without it being the weirdest poo poo I've ever seen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Everything else was just not great.

It's almost like there's a common link here :thunkher:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gavok posted:

After all this time, they finally gave us payoff on that old mystery of who tried to join the Dark Order short-term in order to beat down the Young Bucks.

if that's where that bit is going i will loving scream

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Send AEW wrestlers to Kings Island.

Make Marvez try and interview Kenny while they are on The Beast

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

I am an idiot that did not notice the Face Holes, and Heel Holes for like 8 months. My wife finally pointed it out and made fun of me.

Wives often clear up hole confusion, don't worry.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I have always liked the bucks, and I'm enjoying their (and Kenny's) increased presence on BTE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Send AEW wrestlers to Kings Island.

Make Marvez try and interview Kenny while they are on The Beast

But the bumps Sammy would take from that Eifel Tower.....