Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

xtal posted:

By far their worst crime

Aren't you threadbanned from this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

No, although I can understand why you might have dreamed that

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lmao that's great

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he has confessed to threadshitting and rage posting has promised to do better

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Xtal is the joe Biden of the podcast thread

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

TheSlutPit posted:

I don’t venture in there much but every time I do it’s astounding how dumb those ppl are. Like not even just missing subtext but not getting fundamental plot points and then writing huge theories about it.

and then getting defensive about it and saying they were watching the show from another room while talking to someone on the phone or something. the average tviv user turns on the tv, walks away from it and only occasionally sees/hears what's on the screen, and then comes up with some insane theory and gets mad at anyone who tries to figure out what they're talking about.

podcasts- a friend linked me to the ALAB episode on january 6. the show seems good but is it just me or are three people micced at the same level, a fourth guy is micced twice as high, and a fifth guy is at half volume? I can't find a volume level where the one guy isn't rocking the foundations of my house or the other guy isn't inaudible.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

and then getting defensive about it and saying they were watching the show from another room while talking to someone on the phone or something. the average tviv user turns on the tv, walks away from it and only occasionally sees/hears what's on the screen, and then comes up with some insane theory and gets mad at anyone who tries to figure out what they're talking about.

podcasts- a friend linked me to the ALAB episode on january 6. the show seems good but is it just me or are three people micced at the same level, a fourth guy is micced twice as high, and a fifth guy is at half volume? I can't find a volume level where the one guy isn't rocking the foundations of my house or the other guy isn't inaudible.

This is me listening to cum town in the car

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

nobody who makes podcasts knows how to properly set levels or use compression to normalize the audio

this is even true for most "big" podcast networks

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
is there a grubstakers pirate feed

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

tokin opposition posted:

Xtal is the joe Biden of the podcast thread

he’s more the “incredibly stupid and annoying anarchist” of the thread

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

This is how most people seem to watch TV.

There is an audience for videos like this, where a guy just reads the plot summary off Wikipedia with some video over it, to explain the movie you just watched had on in the background while playing cell phone games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8TNLybEVZE

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

xtal is going to be a good boy now

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
can we send sugestions of shows for matt and felix to watch? I want to subject them to the perfect mcdonalds' sludge that gets put into nuggets only instead is burn notice.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Honest Thief posted:

can we send sugestions of shows for matt and felix to watch? I want to subject them to the perfect mcdonalds' sludge that gets put into nuggets only instead is burn notice.
probably best to dm felix on twitter, but im sure they're inundanted with tviv-esque fans screaming about doing their favorite bsg stargate show. in any case, TFMS is over

and honestly it wasn't very good. i tried the final breaking bad episode and i didn't even finish it, but i can listen to matt ramble on his cushvlogs all day

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Xaris posted:

and honestly it wasn't very good. i tried the final breaking bad episode and i didn't even finish it, but i can listen to matt ramble on his cushvlogs all day

as always their best riffs are about culture rather than the show, esp that tangent at the end about american culture flattening everyones experiences and working in media

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
How, as a seemingly comprehensive history of culture through television, can they not do Twin peaks.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the Oz episode was good. It was either the only one I finished, or only one I remember.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
They went on Trillbillies to talk up the show as it was coming out and they brought up Burn Notice a bit but really what do you even say about that or any other USA show, and I say that as someone who liked Burn Notice lol

Honestly them riffing with Tom Sexton and Brian Quimby for an hour about random TV shows was better than any one single episode of the actual stitcher show

Danger posted:

How, as a seemingly comprehensive history of culture through television, can they not do Twin peaks.

They didn't really do sci fi other than the X Files episode where they barely discussed the show, I can also see Felix finding the effort of engaging with Twin Peaks to be unbearable because it expects a lot from the audience (like paying close attention and not just putting it on while playing PC games)

Having said that the Gossip Girl and Sopranos were good and as someone who never watched LOST hearing secondhand about the baffling cultural phenomenon was pretty interesting

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Did Matt and Felix ever do a sitcom?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

probably best to dm felix on twitter, but im sure they're inundanted with tviv-esque fans screaming about doing their favorite bsg stargate show.

I bet they'd have opinions on the last few episodes of BSG!

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

it's called chapo trap house

virgil even went up the stairs into the bathroom and never came back down

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

felix should quell his hatred of This Is Us by instead watching the intimate family dramas of one of my living favorite directors Hirokazu Kore-eda: Still Walking; I Wish; Like Father, Like Son; After the Storm; Shoplifters; Our Little Sister

i feel like these are a (far, far, far, FAR) higher elevation of what This Is Us (from the few episodes i've glancingly caught) seems to aspire to

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

felix should quell his hatred of This Is Us by instead watching the intimate family dramas of one of my living favorite directors Hirokazu Kore-eda: Still Walking; I Wish; Like Father, Like Son; After the Storm; Shoplifters; Our Little Sister

i feel like these are a (far, far, far, FAR) higher elevation of what This Is Us (from the few episodes i've glancingly caught) seems to aspire to

This is sus is better than Time for my stories.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Danger posted:

its pathetic that they didnt imo.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Danger posted:

good shows only

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

They should have done shows I watched instead of shows I haven't watched.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Cant believe they did breaking bad but skipped LEXX

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
twin peaks season 3 is peerless television

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
I don't get how you can do an episode on Lost and what it says about a cultural mindset and not realize that the analysis goldmine doesn't come from the mysterious elements that do or don't pay off but that the actual main throughline of the show is that every character is psychologically scarred due to lovely parenting.

It was the show about trauma before all shows became about trauma.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

just put it into audacity and run the normalization filter and upload to your personal rss feed, easy. :sweep: ok done trolling?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Guy Fieri was the first or second winner of the Next Big Food Network Star event

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

I bet they'd have opinions on the last few episodes of BSG!

im not interested in hearing their opinions on this and also it was good. haters begone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

twin peaks season 3 is peerless television

its understandable to have a trepidation about doing twin peaks since it would drive one million online misanthropes insane enough to find their cars and pack their gas tanks full of C4

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the best HBO show was Tales From the Crypt and you can't even watch it on HBO anymore peak TV is bullshit

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
BSG and Lost both couldn't keep up with their metaplots to differing levels but their character writing stayed mostly consistent. As logistically questionable as it is for Lee Adama to decide that the remaining survivors must cast away their technology before emigrating to Earth, its absolutely in character for him to have this fanciful, dramatic, and overly romantic idea on how mankind can finally reconnect to itself.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wolfsheim posted:

Cant believe they did breaking bad but skipped LEXX

I think you have to be Canadian, German or Finnish to have watched Lexx. But that's one of the shows I have watched so they should have talked about it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Grevling posted:

I think you have to be Canadian, German or Finnish to have watched Lexx. But that's one of the shows I have watched so they should have talked about it.

i'm in the US and it was on late at night on the sci fi channel here i think

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The new Radio war nerd episode on assange is really good and super depressing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Grevling posted:

i watched it due to terminal horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i'm in the US and it was on late at night on the sci fi channel here i think

Smythe posted:

i watched it due to terminal horny

Wow so they had no excuse.