Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And Aqulad bit it in a flashback. Maybe they'll being in the good Aqualad now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

And Aqulad bit it in a flashback. Maybe they'll being in the good Aqualad now.

The one in Young Justice?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there another good Aqualad?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Garth is fine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Is there another good Aqualad?

He's literally the only one I know anything about. I've seen the blonde Aqualad in covers, but for all I know he's young Aquaman, like Superboy and Wonder Girl used to be.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Something I only just realized about Loki episode 5, Alioth is a real world celestial body that stems from a Greek corruption of an Arabic phrase meaning 'The Lamb's Tail'. Anything sent to the void is quickly consumed and destroyed by Alioth or in other words In Two Shakes of the Lamb's Tail.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/KnightGambit/status/1417862960643383301

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...jokes aside, why the gently caress do they have Speed Force lightsabers? :psyduck:

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Reverse Flash doing a lil poke up and to his right at absolutely nothing about midway through that got me

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1417904447888494597

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mentioned in another thread but Batwoman season 3 is adding Renee Montoya played by Victoria Cartagena who previously played Montoya on the first season of Gotham. Although producers said this isn't supposed to be the same version.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I was going to ask who taught Barry swordfighting or martial arts but based on his moves in that clip I guess the answer is nobody.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How was season 2 of Batwoman? (Or is if COVID delays made it run long)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

It was kind of awkward since so much of the s1 plot revolved around family drama. Season 3 is going to be kind of a soft reboot because they've jettisoned a lot of the Kate specific parts of the plot (the Crows have been shut down and Dougray Scott's Jacob Kane isn't returning,) with the exception of Alice who is sticking around. Season 3 could be kind of interesting because the way the finale set things up is that a lot of old Bat-villain tech that Bruce held on to for safe keeping is now in the wind. Basically letting them do new versions of classic villains.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

I tapped out after like 4 episodes. Ryan was actually really good, its just it got bogged down with Kane family drama that revolved around Kate who was meant to be dead. It was just, uninteresting.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Gotta admit, dealing with a lead actress who suddenly leaves your show by having the character be horrifically burned and being given reconstructive surgery and a mindwipe so you can recast her is brilliant in its sheer comic book quality

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoyed Season 2. I didn't hate Alice though. But it felt more motivated and less meandering. I liked the new Batwoman and the show puts a lot of its focus on her and the team. It also ties her to Alice which feels unnecessary and a bit more of the same but Alice kind of has her own stuff and its not the same repeating dynamic as the first season. I dunno, I binged it the last couple of weeks and i was cold going it but it won me over.

But I'm now binging Flash and it too is winning me over. So grain of salt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I enjoyed Season 2. I didn't hate Alice though. But it felt more motivated and less meandering. I liked the new Batwoman and the show puts a lot of its focus on her and the team. It also ties her to Alice which feels unnecessary and a bit more of the same but Alice kind of has her own stuff and its not the same repeating dynamic as the first season. I dunno, I binged it the last couple of weeks and i was cold going it but it won me over.

Oh, that sounds cool.

quote:

But I'm now binging Flash and it too is winning me over. So grain of salt.

Does someone who hasn't suffered a traumatic brain injury have nice things to say Batwoman?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The United States posted:

Gotta admit, dealing with a lead actress who suddenly leaves your show by having the character be horrifically burned and being given reconstructive surgery and a mindwipe so you can recast her is brilliant in its sheer comic book quality

Holy poo poo, really? This is some daytime soap opera writing and I love it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On the one hand, I'm glad Wilder is a cool character, but on the other, it sure feels like they chose the most convoluted solution when the Gordian Knot answer would've been to just recast Kate. Imagine the plot gymnastics those producers would pull if they had to switch Darins on Bewitched, or Beckys on Roseanne

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I feel like no comments recasting works better when you don't have a lead as distinctive looking as Ruby Rose

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I need to finish off the last 3 episodes but I like Ryan better than Kate, and even with all the goofy stuff they had to do story wise to get around Ruby leaving s2 is better than s1

Also, changing Alice from clearly a joker ripoff to like, a pseudo antihero is hilarious and actually kinda works

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The United States posted:

I feel like no comments recasting works better when you don't have a lead as distinctive looking as Ruby Rose

The weird thing is they actually did a good job getting someone who kinda looks like her even though they really didn't have to. But it does make the Kat stuff a little easier to accept I guess? Its honestly not really the core of the season outside of a few episodes and even then its like the show actively having the "so back to her, no, its still Ryan's show" argument on air.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

muscles like this! posted:

Mentioned in another thread but Batwoman season 3 is adding Renee Montoya played by Victoria Cartagena who previously played Montoya on the first season of Gotham. Although producers said this isn't supposed to be the same version.

Good, Montoya in Gotham was really terrible. Hopefully Batwoman does more with the character than obsessively jealous ex.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

imo season 2 is like 2 shows stuck together fighting for dominance, one is an interesting show going in a new direction, one is the ghost of Kate Kane/Ruby Rose trying to drag it down to the depths of hell.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
One day people will appreciate the true, pure artistry of Batman & Robin

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ilikedirt posted:

Let's give B&R some faint praise,there's certainly not been a movie before or after that looked like this.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I love Dark Knight Rises, it's one of my favorite Batman movies, I think you people are crazy.

No Batman media has ever been "trust your leaders to ethically wield power/do a fascism" they have always been a "What if there was someone you could trust to (ethically?) circumvent a corrupt and ineffective bureaucracy and actually seek justice" or more poignantly a power fantasy of "What if you had the means to seek actual justice? Would you break the rules?". It's a fantasy for everyone who has ever engaged in the American legal system even a little bit.
Obviously in real life that turns into conservative Recluseman building pipe bombs in his murder van but as was already stated, that's what makes this a fantasy.

If at any point Batman was like "Hey police/military here's my tech, you should use it to subjigate the masses for their own good" I would check the gently caress out but he wouldn't do that because he's a fantasy cool guy billionaire who I can trust to have my best interest in mind.

Also I thought I liked Forever but I just watched it and it was horrible, I'm back to thinking Batman & Robin(another horrible movie) is just barely better.

Edit: Sorry, thought this was the movies thread

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 25, 2021

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Rumors running around that Kingpin/D’oOnofrio will be in Hawkeye

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

omg chael crash posted:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

ilikedirt posted:

Queer art is rarely fully appreciated in its own time, this is true.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

omg chael crash posted:

Please don't get my hopes up like this.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

I see what you did there and I agree with the sentiment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It took me a minute.

If anyone else is struggling: "Don't give me hope" is Hawkeye's line there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I won't believe it till I'm looking at him on screen

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Mr. Maltose posted:

Queer art is rarely fully appreciated in its own time, this is true.

I unironically love Batman and Robin for this EXACT reason

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I fuckin' love Batman and Robin.

Batman Forever is easily the worst of that quartet of films. We really didn't need a Batman movie with TWO Jokers as the main villains.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You'll regret your words and deeds when they finally adapt the Three Jokers story

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gods I know it's coming eventually and I'm going to hate it when it does. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Arist posted:

You'll regret your words and deeds when they finally adapt the Three Jokers story

Ughhhh they’ll totally do this