Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

There is a lot of swearing going on in this office right now.

Sometimes I wonder if I swear too much at work, but then I just say "gently caress it", out loud, to nobody in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Job I'm going back to got the brewing license! :toot:

Now we just need to take measurements using a flow meter for each fermentation tank, the hot liquor tank, the mash tun, and the boil kettle, fill that information in for the official forms, submit the paperwork, and wait for approval from the tax office to be able to use these pieces of equipment to brew! Because it's not Japan without mountains of paperwork.

Goons Are Gifts

xcheopis posted:

There is a lot of swearing going on in this office right now.

is it wrong of me to ask for some highlight quotes

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Job I'm going back to got the brewing license! :toot:

Now we just need to take measurements using a flow meter for each fermentation tank, the hot liquor tank, the mash tun, and the boil kettle, fill that information in for the official forms, submit the paperwork, and wait for approval from the tax office to be able to use these pieces of equipment to brew! Because it's not Japan without mountains of paperwork.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm going to re-read Bullshit Jobs by Graeber. It's pertinent.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'm going to re-read Bullshit Jobs by Graeber. It's pertinent.

I'm reading the essay. This is pertinent!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm reading the essay. This is pertinent!

I told you!!!!! Graeber was a good egg.

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

is it wrong of me to ask for some highlight quotes

We're Americans and thus not very creative with swears. Mostly

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

We're Americans and thus not very creative with swears. Mostly

Uh, I'm extremely creative with my swearing!

It's started to rub off on my coworker. I feel kind of bad.

xcheopis

Uh, I'm extremely creative with my swearing!

It's started to rub off on my coworker. I feel kind of bad.

Compared to most of the world, we are but toddlers who just heard someone say, "gently caress!". We are just not as talented at good, solid spontaneous cursing that can creatively cover all time and space for the subject of our ire.

Goons Are Gifts

this is not an American thing:

gag, today after crashing into a table with a tiny toe posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress asssssssssss PISS poo poo

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

this is not an American thing:

Americans would use maybe both gently caress and poo poo but asssss and piiisss, no.
More of us should be encouraged from a young age to develop creative swears and oaths but we are hampered by a distrust of literacy and hypocritical protestants.

xcheopis

Our work is once more taking a grim turn and I'm probably going to be wearing a mask in the office for at least another year. :sigh:

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Americans would use maybe both gently caress and poo poo but asssss and piiisss, no.
More of us should be encouraged from a young age to develop creative swears and oaths but we are hampered by a distrust of literacy and hypocritical protestants.

My dad taught me how to curse. He used to scream "poo poo fire!" a lot.

My mom hates when I curse.

xcheopis

My dad taught me how to curse. He used to scream "poo poo fire!" a lot.

My mom hates when I curse.

We need to learn how to curse all proper like, e.g., "De'il ding a divot aff yer wame wi' a flaughter spade."

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Finger Prince

It's kinda odd that some common swears are just completely off the table in north America, and especially the US, that even saying something like see you next Tuesday is grounds for probation. Like you can't even hint at saying the c word. Meanwhile everywhere else practically greets their granny with it.

xcheopis

I feel quite strongly that if you are submitting only 15 encounters for the month of June, then that data set ought to be loving pristine, not require fixing multiple issues. gently caress's sake.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

It's kinda odd that some common swears are just completely off the table in north America, and especially the US, that even saying something like see you next Tuesday is grounds for probation. Like you can't even hint at saying the c word. Meanwhile everywhere else practically greets their granny with it.

I can't remember who wrote this (Robertson Davies?) but the gist is: Protestants are more offended by vulgar language and Catholics are more offended by blasphemous language.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

I dunno but if you call me a slang term for a vulva, you're gonna fart your veneers. It has zero to do with me being protestant or Catholic (I'm neither) and everything to you with the pejorative usage of "a vulva." Which is typically weaponized against non-men in this country.

cruft

xcheopis posted:

I can't remember who wrote this (Robertson Davies?) but the gist is: Protestants are more offended by vulgar language and Catholics are more offended by blasphemous language.

Sacrément!

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I dunno but if you call me a slang term for a vulva, you're gonna fart your veneers. It has zero to do with me being protestant or Catholic (I'm neither) and everything to you with the pejorative usage of "a vulva." Which is typically weaponized against non-men in this country.

E: when she was very young, my daughter decided this part of the body was called the "front butt", and we've been calling it that ever since.

cruft fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 16, 2021

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's just me, the big boss, assistant, warehouse manager and shithouse intern next week.

I'm hosed.

Escape From Noise

Just the kind of quality equipment I've come to rely on here.

Escape From Noise

loving recirc, lauter, and sparge is already at almost three hours. I hate this loving system. At least it's only 150 liters today. Fuuuuuuuuuuck thiiiiiiis!

Escape From Noise

I got everything done and could have been out of here after being here for only 9 and 1/2 hours, but I'm going to have to probably stay another hour or so waiting for the beer to cool down because we don't have a proper wort chiller for the smaller system, so the wort in the the tank is too warm to pitch east. I might pictured early, but the other issue is that I can't set the temperature to 20° C right now because if the temperature is set more than 5° lower than the temperature of the tank the glycol system freaks out. So I have to wait for the temperature to drop at least 1.5 more degrees.

Escape From Noise

Working like half an hour late today, but this way I should be done early tomorrow, and then I'll have four more days of work with I guess one brew day to do, but I'm getting my first jab the day after tomorrow so it'll definitely have to be after that. I'm also going to ask for time off because seven days in a row is already ridiculous, it's completely insane when I only have 4 days worth of work to do.

Ass-penny

Work was too busy too late and all the customers ignored the times we told them and called 9 times while we were trying to make food to tell us they are loving idiots who don't know what words mean and I WANT THEM ALL TO DIE.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

I'll update my resume if it means I can finish my book this summer, gently caress.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Customers are the worst

Escape From Noise

Except for a brew day I have everything I need to have done completed three days into a seven day work week. gently caress this place.

Escape From Noise

Lol. My bosses texted my coworker on his loving day off to have him text me about something they wanted me to do instead of contacting or talking to me directly because they're like "shunning" me because I'm quitting or something. It's loving pathetic. What a couple of pissy little babies.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Why do you go back if you're quitting and they're this petty? Is there any legal liability if you don't, and is there any real risk of reputational damage?

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Why do you go back if you're quitting and they're this petty? Is there any legal liability if you don't, and is there any real risk of reputational damage?

Yeah there's some reputational damage and I still need to get some things secured. I have the apartment lined up but the contract isn't totally complete yet. I'd also rather not deal with the added drama of the whole employee housing thing. They haven't done anything too over the top to the point where I feel totally justified in walking yet. It's just little lovely things. I agree it's really dumb, but I do think there'd be a bit of fallout in a relatively small professional community. Probably nothing too huge, but not quite worth it just yet. Also I compain a lot because lots of things about this place are just frustrating.

I texted them saying to speak with me directly next time they wanted something done and that I would get it taken care of tomorrow since I had things I needed to prep before I could do so. They responded by saying that they weren't going to have that done until later and they're still talking about it. Either my coworker made a mistake, they're trying to backpedal, or some combination of the two.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I responded to over 900 emails today, per Microsoft Cortana.

That's too many emails.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

I responded to over 900 emails today, per Microsoft Cortana.

That's too many emails.

I don't think anyone would disagree that that's too many emails. Anyone who disagrees probably gets mad at people for pooping at work.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't think anyone would disagree that that's too many emails. Anyone who disagrees probably gets mad at people for pooping at work.

My boss got mad at me for pooping at work today and I reminded him that I had to be in at 5:30 to receive freight, alone, and that I didn't leave until 4:50.

He piped the gently caress down, because I don't get lunches or breaks.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

My boss got mad at me for pooping at work today and I reminded him that I had to be in at 5:30 to receive freight, alone, and that I didn't leave until 4:50.

He piped the gently caress down, because I don't get lunches or breaks.

Wow. Policing pooping is gross on several levels.

Farecoal

There he go

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yeah, same kind of. My mom and I may disagree on many, many things but she at least taught me not to use the c-word (or b*tch for that matter) for the exact reason you said.

I found another job! It's data entry for a medical laboratory. Not anything exciting and the commute by bus is a little janky time wise but at least my coworkers and boss seems nice. Unfortunately since my background check took longer than expected to clear they had me start last Wednesday for training and I'm going to be working until this Friday. Also my shift is early afternoon to night so dramatically adjusting my sleep schedule is going to be fun

cruft

Congrats to new job havers and on the clock poopers, some great news in this thread while I was driving to Farmington.

I'm about to have a burrito with green chile!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Congrats to new job havers and on the clock poopers, some great news in this thread while I was driving to Farmington.

I'm about to have a burrito with green chile!

Omg post the burrito, I miss real food