Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Wrong thread, there's a dedicated thread for you to post these screeds you sourced from nextdoor hoa/wasps

E: snipe tax
https://m.imgur.com/PYdnbaR

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

this house has load-bearing style

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1471-Autumn-Rd-Rydal-PA-19046/9891128_zpid/

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

mostlygray posted:

One guy dug a hole, he did not know why and he didn't even knock on my door to let me know. Another guy filled the hole back in. Then another dug the same hole but bigger. Then they said it was OK for me to pick up the flags. Then a few days later, they put more flags down.

He filled in the hole because he didn't want to leave it open and didn't have a cover. They restaked the lawn because you pulled the flags out. Probably thought you were going to make a fuss if they gave you more details. It does seem unusually badly organized, but plausibly so.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Another good one: https://imgur.com/gallery/4CHN5N9

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

First I invite people over. Then I suggest the hot tub. Then we turn up the heat and it's HOT POT FOR ALL. Well, almost all. Don't forget to stock up on shaojiu.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm mad about that unfinished roll of TP in the first picture.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

It's perfect.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Wrong thread, there's a dedicated thread for you to post these screeds you sourced from nextdoor hoa/wasps

E: snipe tax
https://m.imgur.com/PYdnbaR

Why did I get a warning from imgur that this was erotic imagery? This is the least erotic thing I can imagine.

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

Jaguars! posted:

He filled in the hole because he didn't want to leave it open and didn't have a cover. They restaked the lawn because you pulled the flags out. Probably thought you were going to make a fuss if they gave you more details. It does seem unusually badly organized, but plausibly so.

Badly organized is government contracting in a nutshell. We had issues a few years ago with reconstruction of a local interstate interchange. The work was subbed out and contracts accepted before MNDOT agreed that we could keep two of the offramps they were initially planning to remove to relocate a half-mile east. Contractor tore them up anyway, and when called on the floor about it claimed they never got a stop work order. Same contractor was then paid to put the ramps back in again.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BonerGhost posted:

Why did I get a warning from imgur that this was erotic imagery? This is the least erotic thing I can imagine.

The algorithm decided that the wooden table was too much skin tone.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I don't understand how it is so well preserved

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That seems like a loving steal for the amount of home you get. I wouldn't even redecorate most of it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The Glumslinger posted:

1950s custom designed and decorated house being sold by the original owners!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Glumslinger posted:

Old people say it helps to stay busy.

And that place is loving busy.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have a history question. I just read the Groverhaus thread from beginning to end, and the only responses are praise of his majesty. Did he delete all the criticism, or was it going on in another thread? (I really wanted to see "load-bearing drywall" in context.)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BonerGhost posted:

Least erotic for you maybe :heysexy:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

This looks like some weird Midwest strip club.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

mostlygray posted:

That's not normal incompetency, it's active incompetency.

Please refer to the part of my post that you quoted: even if they do telling you can only result in a neutral to negative experience for them personally, so why would they tell you poo poo?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

None of them told you what the project is because you’re a nosy neighbor. If they tell you what’s going on, then they have to sit there and explain it to you as you ask a hundred questions. They just tell you they don’t know so you’ll go away and bug someone else.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

mostlygray posted:

If I'm paid to sweep the floor, I know why I'm sweeping it, how long it will take, what's the area that I'll be sweeping and schedule my sweeping so I don't interfere with anyone.

It's not they're not paid to know. Even the people that are paid to know don't know. The city manager didn't know what the plan was. Not a single contractor knew anything. They didn't even know how long they'd be working on that day. One guy dug a hole, he did not know why and he didn't even knock on my door to let me know. Another guy filled the hole back in. Then another dug the same hole but bigger. Then they said it was OK for me to pick up the flags. Then a few days later, they put more flags down.

Literally not one person involved knew any more then their 10x10 foot part of a major project. Not even the project manager knew what the full project was. The mayors office didn't know. MNDOT didn't know.

That's not normal incompetency, it's active incompetency. How could they even create the project if absolutely no-one knows what the project is?

One guys job was literally to move a giant pile of sand on the street from outside my house to 2 houses down, then move the whole thing back again. I watched him do it for 2 days. Then one day it was gone. It was unclear where it went as they hadn't torn anything up yet. Just movin' some sand boss.

Did you call xcel? You know the ones actually doing (well contracting) the work? It isn't the government job to know exactly what they're doing, just make sure they have a permit.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have a history question. I just read the Groverhaus thread from beginning to end, and the only responses are praise of his majesty. Did he delete all the criticism, or was it going on in another thread? (I really wanted to see "load-bearing drywall" in context.)

I believe all the dunking was in a separate thread in FYAD.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

He whomsoever can draw the Makita from this stone shall be King

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Arsenic Lupin posted:

i think he was still a mod at that time and back in those days that meant he was largely above criticism unless you wanted to risk a ban or a lengthy probation.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I believe all the dunking was in a separate thread in FYAD.

Oh, darn. Then it's lost to pitiless Time.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Can confirm, my only ban to date is the result of making a Groverhaus crack in a GiP joke thread

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

`Nemesis posted:

i think he was still a mod at that time and back in those days that meant he was largely above criticism unless you wanted to risk a ban or a lengthy probation.
Yup. He was worse about it than usual, too.

Also the criticism that did happen mostly took place in LF, iirc.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Yup. He was worse about it than usual, too.

Also the criticism that did happen mostly took place in LF, iirc.

Yeah I didn’t look all that hard but here’s one of the gassed LF threads. I’m sure there’s more.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

here's a thing about the whole saga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PLRddEJH0

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Here's a quaint little former shoemaker's shop, lovingly painted and decorated by someone with a lot of time on his hands.

https://home.dk/boligkatalog/assens/5610/raekkehuse/korsgade_3_9110000406.aspx

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

One more thing. You should ask them if they are prepared to possibly get sued if they improperly seal their well and it becomes a conduit for contaminating not only their water supply, but that of their neighbors.

I'm also remembering that case from, I think it was a year or two ago, in Canada, where someone hired someone to drill a well on their property, but they punctured the aquifer in an un-containable well and ended up flooding the property and a decent degree of the neighbourhood, in such a way that the contractor fled the country because it was such an immense shitfest they did not want to deal with.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

PurpleXVI posted:

I'm also remembering that case from, I think it was a year or two ago, in Canada, where someone hired someone to drill a well on their property, but they punctured the aquifer in an un-containable well and ended up flooding the property and a decent degree of the neighbourhood, in such a way that the contractor fled the country because it was such an immense shitfest they did not want to deal with.

" Hola You are back from Canada early."

"Countrys Flooded"

"What"

*Grabs fake mustache and hat*

"Country's flooded"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PurpleXVI posted:

That was in B.C. if I recall. Dude went back to Italy.
That was addressed in my first post re: that. If they hit Artesian formations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

That was in B.C. if I recall. Dude went back to Italy.
That was addressed in my first post re: that. If they hit Artesian formations.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/city-of-vancouver-on-hook-for-10-million-cost-of-capping-massive-groundwater-leak-1.4997907

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

someone signed off on this thinking it looked good

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The MISSINGNO school of architectural design.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
It was designed by a committee of 12 year olds who used nothing but lego to express themselves.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Youth Decay posted:

someone signed off on this thinking it looked good

I ... Kind of like it? :confused:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

My first thought was "this is just an urban camouflage pattern on a building" and laughed.

My second thought was that the red-hatted person (?) on the very far left was a skeleton with a hat at first glance, and that had me more confused than the building did.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

null_pointer posted:

I ... Kind of like it? :confused:

Yeah, it's fine, way less offensive than that tan thing to the right of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
it's ugly but better than the soulless window cubes everything else is these days