Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how he's talking about WWE "booking" but also acting like Jeff "couldn't" beat Jinder. Is there booking, or do wrestlers win by sheer talent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Austin one is my bar for judging pops, that crowd loving lost it, the timing was impeccable, too.

I've never heard a crowd sound come close to that. It just turns into a solid roar.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Just when you thought the Kross loss couldn't get funnier.

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417314475460419584

LOL

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ripper991/status/1417315029892882432

Lets See How Losing In Two Moves Plays Out

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/aewbotches/status/1415953394188136452?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman is in a warehouse in Florida and nobody cares.
Kenny Omega is selling out buildings in DDT.

Sounds about right.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I am going to directly compare Kenny Omega to the man widely considered to have been the greatest theatrical actor of the twentieth century. This is a devastating insult, to me.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Roman wishes he had EVIL like crowd reaction let alone Kenny Omega level

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Let alone some of the absolute crazy special match reactions like Kobashi's retirement.

Rank the Kobashi god pops - Retirement, Comeback from Cancer and New York vs Joe

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Rank the Kobashi god pops - Retirement, Comeback from Cancer and New York vs Joe

Kobashi vs Joe was the loudest I'd heard an indy crowd get...until Super Dragon saved Kevin Steen.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ha ha his replies are closed

Exasperated Badger
Jun 9, 2009

"Come," he says. "Let me tell you a story. Once, there were four stalwart heroes..."

karmicknight posted:

I want to read the thesis before I actually write a rebuttal (he would probably dm it to me if I asked for, poo poo), but like, conceptually it's not a bad idea so much as it missed the point of using licensed tracks. (showcasing cultural cachet/giving the viewer a way to connect with the wrestler in a way that non-licensed music just cannot) Like, there is a reason that walk-up music in other major sports is licensed tracks, and I want to see if that runs counter to the argument.

There are theses, and then there are theses where the marker goes 'yeah it's OK, it fulfils the basic requirements on the checklist, I guess you pass'.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There's an argument to be made that with bespoke production music, they can fit the presentation of the character better. Therefore, the best character-specific music is Kaito Ishida because of how accurately it describes him.

I JUST KICKBOY
I'M JUST A KICKBOY

edit: Huh. Apparently it's not production music. I can't imagine a real band writing this song without wrestling in mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTcSfR1vbWQ

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 20, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sticklefifer posted:

There's an argument to be made that with bespoke production music, they can fit the presentation of the character better. Therefore, the best character-specific music is Kaito Ishida because of how accurately it describes him.

I JUST KICKBOY
I'M JUST A KICKBOY

edit: Huh. Apparently it's not production music. I can't imagine a real band writing this song without wrestling in mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTcSfR1vbWQ

I think DG often commission bands to record the themes but I'm not 100% on that.

Whatever it is they do, DG definitely uses music as well as any wrestling company. So many bangers.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

MassRafTer posted:

Just when you thought the Kross loss couldn't get funnier.

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417314475460419584

WWE losing wwe_wwf_Junkie is the beginning of the end for WWE. Soon they'll change the handle to "puro_indy_Junkie"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lamuella posted:

I am going to directly compare Kenny Omega to the man widely considered to have been the greatest theatrical actor of the twentieth century. This is a devastating insult, to me.

Homophobes ain't exactly known for their witty bon mots

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

I think DG often commission bands to record the themes but I'm not 100% on that.

Whatever it is they do, DG definitely uses music as well as any wrestling company. So many bangers.

I'll admit that I do the "Mo-chi" fist pump along with the audience during his song when I'm watching at home.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sticklefifer posted:

I'll admit that I do the "Mo-chi" fist pump along with the audience during his song when I'm watching at home.

gently caress that, I chant it. It rules, no shame.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The WWF WWE junkie randomly followed me last year so perhaps becomes the Pro Wrestling WAVE junkie and tries to troll the Stardom and TJPW fans. And if he does that I shall sadly have to stand with him

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
That Kross lost in such a fashion to Jeff Hardy of all people has to be some kind of troll/rib on hammer Paul. Kross sucks but my god, WWE intentionally torpedoing the NXT champion like that has to be a message to Hunner.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only thing that would be funnier is if they released Kross while he was NXT champ

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Kosmo Gallion posted:

That Kross lost in such a fashion to Jeff Hardy of all people has to be some kind of troll/rib on hammer Paul. Kross sucks but my god, WWE intentionally torpedoing the NXT champion like that has to be a message to Hunner.

Remember when they brought in NXT champion Kevin Owens and had him demolish John Cena and has, to this day, been a fixture of the upper mid-card and a main eventer? Yeah none of that, it honestly feels like WWE views NXT as their competitor not that they literally own it and its theirs. WCW-WWF Invasion all over again.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Meanwhile AEW literally bring in wrestlers from other companies and have them win main event matches against their guys, if the story calls for it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It’s also funny that they had an opportunity to hotshot the title to Gargano as a safe belt pillow last week knowing this was coming and didn’t take it. Kross has been wresting dark matches so they knew the call up was imminent.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/GokuBlueGod3/status/1417329413566476302?s=20

It's okay. Kross only had a "half debut". Gotta have Scarlett for a "full debut". So his loss doesn't count.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A fluke? Didn't Jeff hit him with two moves and pin him as soon as the bell rang?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

A fluke? Didn't Jeff hit him with two moves and pin him as soon as the bell rang?

Jeff put his feet on the ropes so something something something

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Vince would've had Goldberg lose the streak to Disco Inferno on a random Nitro in 1997. And a thousand Vincels would defend it because "Disco had his foot on the ropes"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think someone posted that as a joke in the WWE thread. Hardy missed the Swanton, dodged Kross' finisher, and rolled him up with his feet on the ropes at the end.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/jermaine611/status/1417436016567373855?s=20

It only makes sense for Kross to win in NXT since he's their champ. It doesn't make sense for him to win on the main roster.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/GokuBlueGod3/status/1417329413566476302?s=20

It's okay. Kross only had a "half debut". Gotta have Scarlett for a "full debut". So his loss doesn't count.

lol that Scarlett is ever going to appear in the same frame of footage with Kross again.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think someone posted that as a joke in the WWE thread. Hardy missed the Swanton, dodged Kross' finisher, and rolled him up with his feet on the ropes at the end.

How's that possible, He was sent home from tv yesterday because of Matt's BTE bit

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm going to be a paitence guy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

How's that possible, He was sent home from tv yesterday because of Matt's BTE bit

Everything I just tweeted is true

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1417473491222282246?s=19

Fam

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Literally "Wins and Losses don't matter"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Davros1 posted:

Jeff put his feet on the ropes so something something something

https://twitter.com/AEddy6087/status/1417359709221253123

JEFF HARDY NEEDED THE RUB BROTHER

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Doesn't this mean Main Event > NXT?

EDIT: And weren't Jeff and Sheamus fighting over a hat last year or something?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
It means NXT UK > NXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lid posted:

It means NXT UK > NXT

NXT has fallen so low when a fictional promotion is thought of as better!