Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
All the fellow gays I chat with online really hate eboy thresh. It's like the most bland poo poo ever and the laziest alternative design yet for all the spooky dudes.

Skeletons are way sexy anyway, like man Thresh is just dripping with style and then we have Definitely Not Kayne here with his stupid loving hair tendril things and stupid loving grinning dipshit boy band face. UGH. No style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm Bi so I feel like I should be the target audience [at least on the male side] for these eboy redesigns but they're just real boring, I'm sorry. He honestly comes off more like a Devotee to the Church of Thresh

All the details are there! They're just a lot cleaner and trendier and lamer. The fake six-pack outline is the only real distinguishing trait that would get me to pick him out from the assortment of Mobile Legends, Defense Of The Battles, SMITE human designs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Pussy Quipped posted:

I dont think League of Legends is to blame on this one.

I think he needs to find a less toxic friend group to hang out with.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
about time they offset this series of monster releases with a charming human character

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk why they keep giving the monster dudes generic human forms when the more popular handsome male characters are like Rakan, Sylas and Sett.

What I'm saying is to give some of these dudes cat ears.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
On the subject of reworks im not keen on, taking away Swain's werecrow form makes him 900% lamer, even if they got rid of the stupid hair

fnox
May 19, 2013

I've reached the point where I get solo matched against Master+ players on the regular on ARAM.

Which feels loving ridiculous considering the only reason I play solo ARAM is because I am otherwise burnt out with Ranked and how sluggish the grind feels.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God, his hair looks so dumb too.

Why? (this is rhetorical I know why).

Neurolimal posted:

On the subject of reworks im not keen on, taking away Swain's werecrow form makes him 900% lamer, even if they got rid of the stupid hair

Don't worry they added it back. In a skin.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

How Rude posted:

All the fellow gays I chat with online really hate eboy thresh. It's like the most bland poo poo ever and the laziest alternative design yet for all the spooky dudes.

Skeletons are way sexy anyway, like man Thresh is just dripping with style and then we have Definitely Not Kayne here with his stupid loving hair tendril things and stupid loving grinning dipshit boy band face. UGH. No style.

The hosed up thing is that there was already a different hot alive thresh design I can't find right now and the main difference was that he had facial hair and looked like ten years older and was ten times hotter. Not every dude has to be a 21 year old twink you tasteless bastards at Riot.

Also I mostly just play the card game these days but this big multi game Ruination event, did Maokai or Yorick show up at all on your end?

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 20, 2021

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

spirit blossom did human thresh and did it better just last year

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Whitenoise Poster posted:

The hosed up thing is that there was already a different hot alive thresh design I can't find right now and the main difference was that he had facial hair and looked like ten years older and was ten times hotter. Not every dude has to be a 21 year old twink you tasteless bastards at Riot.

Also I mostly just play the card game these days but this big multi game Ruination event, did Maokai orYorick show up at all on your end?

no, those are monsters and do not sell skins. there's vayne, in her 28th new event skin

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

idea for new vayne skin

she's wearing a jacket
she's got sunglasses
1800 price point
thoughts?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Minrad posted:

no, those are monsters and do not sell skins. there's vayne, in her 28th new event skin

Capitalism has ruined everything. Even narrative and lore cohesiveness.

Anyway I found that picture I was talking about. I might of lied about being hotter but i still like it more.

Extremely funny thing is that Yone had the exact same transformation.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
^^ the lor yone looks cool unlike the normal yone who looks like a piece of poo poo

Minrad posted:

idea for new vayne skin

she's wearing a jacket
she's got sunglasses
1800 price point
thoughts?

can we add 14 filters to her voice instead of recording new lines or adding anything interesting?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
They only made another Man-Thresh so they could make it his default skin in the mobile game, which they said was for age ratings or something.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

- and other things pr will tell you to justify selling you Hot Guy

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
The Hot Guy is the free skin in Wild Rift and the one they're adding to LoL is a half assed texture update that's "Free" so pr is doing a terrible job.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Am I the only one who thinks that eboy Thresh looks like Seymour from Final Fantasy X? Or am I the only one who played the poo poo out of that game.

The cosplayers will be LOVING the redesign though.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

moerketid posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that eboy Thresh looks like Seymour from Final Fantasy X? Or am I the only one who played the poo poo out of that game.

The cosplayers will be LOVING the redesign though.

Oh god your totally right, that's what he was reminding me of

Though I think sentinel vayne looks pretty dang cool, if only I could play her worth anything at all. Somehow I have like 4 vayne skins and I'm just so terrible at her

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Neurolimal posted:

All the details are there! They're just a lot cleaner and trendier and lamer.

Yet another extremely clear piece of evidence that Riot is gearing up for the MMO.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I would definitely try a league mmo for a two week trial period.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Millions of people creating their own Ahris and buying fancy outfits for them

Sounds like a money printing machine tbh

it'd probably work on me

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Capitalism has ruined everything. Even narrative and lore cohesiveness.

Anyway I found that picture I was talking about. I might of lied about being hotter but i still like it more.

Extremely funny thing is that Yone had the exact same transformation.

Eboy Thresh also looks a little better with facial hair, even if the hair tentacles are still stupid:
https://twitter.com/EraiViolett/status/1412460414961602569?s=20

I guess face pubes dont sell though

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
New League champion lore are taken from old eetconned lore. Why can't we have someone interesting like a fanatically loyal mage dedicated to Jarvan despite the oppression that isn't fighting to prove that not all Mages are like Sylas but because they want to feel shunned and hated by everyone around them while sti having some influence as Javan goes "See? This is how a lowborn mage should be like" to the disgust of Garen

strong bird
May 12, 2009

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

More unique backstories is what I am saying.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I guess it's true what they say. Idiocracy really is a documentary now.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yet another extremely clear piece of evidence that Riot is gearing up for the MMO.

Thresh's original design is way more MMO boss than the new one though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That's a lot of words to say Give Reksai Boobs

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is it me or does this Rise of the Sentinels event seem incredibly stingy with the rewards? I haven't been playing super heavily, but it took me a good couple dozen games to get through the first two worlds and so far all I've gotten are some terrible icons that I'll never use and 35 event tokens, which isn't enough to buy even a single random champion shard. I've only been playing for a few other events, but all of the others dumped blue essence on me and gave me a bunch of missions that earned several champion shards' worth of tokens in a fraction of the time. (Is my client bugged? I've never gotten a mission for Rise of the Sentinels, even though it's got its own tab in the Mission log.)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i guess its supposed to be a long running event, and presumably you get that thresh skin at the end? i got the vayne skin so i wouldnt mind getting the one free chroma for getting all 300 free points, but i think id have to play like 100 games or something to actually finish all the missions which i cant see myself doing unless it runs for like 2-3 months.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Is it me or does this Rise of the Sentinels event seem incredibly stingy with the rewards? I haven't been playing super heavily, but it took me a good couple dozen games to get through the first two worlds and so far all I've gotten are some terrible icons that I'll never use and 35 event tokens, which isn't enough to buy even a single random champion shard. I've only been playing for a few other events, but all of the others dumped blue essence on me and gave me a bunch of missions that earned several champion shards' worth of tokens in a fraction of the time. (Is my client bugged? I've never gotten a mission for Rise of the Sentinels, even though it's got its own tab in the Mission log.)

Idk what the final rewards are gonna be but they've acknowledged that they missed the mark and they are gonna make it easier to get through the event missions

https://twitter.com/84Slashes/status/1417302677411663874

https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler/status/1417529011836649476

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

They 100% hosed up whatever dumb math they did on the progression. Either on purpose to make people play more or semi on purpose and just tuned it too hard. The whole thing with the event is that its supposed to get easier the further you get and also how many weeks into the event you are.

I played a gently caress ton of matches and didnt even finish Freljord before the next areas opened up.

They have definitely been trying to gently caress with peoples progression on events lately. Some of the missions on that latest project one were crazy.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Yeah this was bound to happen. Any idiot could see it was a massive grind, and someone seriously hosed this up.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
boy i really hope someone got fired for that blunder

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jerkface posted:

They have definitely been trying to gently caress with peoples progression on events lately. Some of the missions on that latest project one were crazy.

I finished all the PROJECT ones just with my usual run of a few ARAMs a day without even thinking about it so I think you’re overthinking that one.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I actively put in an effort to play more than usual and I still am not in my fourth region, meaning I'm a full week behind. I do not know what they were expecting.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hellioning posted:

I actively put in an effort to play more than usual and I still am not in my fourth region, meaning I'm a full week behind. I do not know what they were expecting.

Been playing way more than I usually do (and am on a terrible losing streak), I'm literally only a single pip through the 4th region. It's tuned insanely poorly, and if you get people in the wrong order you may get objectives for "win a game without any deaths" and stuff like that which will almost never trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Phenotype posted:

It looks like they intended 15 games for the first place each week, and 10ish for the second, but then did the match assuming you'd get the sentinel at the beginning of each map instead of at the end.

I.E. You guy to Targon in the current week and unlock Diana. That gives you a potential 16 pts each match from Diana's quest, and a potential 25 pts from the three sentinels quest, which in theory brings your average points per game to about 50 with the occasional 25 (they really expect you to max two quests and get a smattering of points from the rest) with the occasional 25, so 1050 is between 15-20 games.

except you don't get Diana until the end of Targon, so your average (in an SR that actually goes the distance) is going to be around 30-40 pts depending on your role, and there's no triple sentinel quest yet, so you're looking at upwards of 30 games to unlock your Diana and finish targon.

And that's if you're only playing SR and your games aren't getting surrendered at 15-20 mins, because when that happens you're likely going to get less than half that average. Of course everyone is loving stalled out Riot, you want people to play upwards of 50 loving games to finish their fourth zone.

EDIT:

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Been playing way more than I usually do (and am on a terrible losing streak), I'm literally only a single pip through the 4th region. It's tuned insanely poorly, and if you get people in the wrong order you may get objectives for "win a game without any deaths" and stuff like that which will almost never trigger

yeah a LOT of people are playing in pre-mades to chug through this event, which also means us casual friendless solos are dealing with that as well. I know I've hit WAY more five-man groups, in ARAM and SR, than normal.