Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

Crowetron posted:

Sometimes, opinions on media can change over time and this is not a bad thing.

Sure. I think maybe that's not the whole story though. I think the guys (with the exception of Chris) are perhaps a little prone to the hype around stuff, and that kind of enthusiasm fades over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What's the best movie commentary they've done? I've only listened to a few but it's fun to pretend I'm there watching a film with the boys :unsmith:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The twilight drunkmentaries are the top best ones for me and I also really liked the catsmentary but that may just be me.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Seconding the Twilight commentaries. The first one is kind of just them bashing on the movie or ignoring plot stuff, but by the 2 Breaking Dawns, they're fully on board and delighting in how batshit those movies are.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's the best movie commentary they've done? I've only listened to a few but it's fun to pretend I'm there watching a film with the boys :unsmith:

Commando as they are having a blast. Revenge of the site is pretty enjoyable and they focus a lot on the background lamps

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I recall liking the Commando commentary, but I don't think I listened to all the Twilight ones...

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Breaking Dawn Part 2 is the best because some wild poo poo happens in that movie

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Commando one is legendary because you get to hear in real-time as Steve experiences the movie for the first time

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Does Steve explain how he'd never seen that movie before in the commentary? Because he had to have had cable at some point, and that movie was constantly on at least one channel

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The Twilightmentaries are the best,

BD2>Eclipse>New Moon>Twilight>BD1

entirely because loving nothing happens in breaking dawn 1 and by the end you can feel them squeezing blood from the stone but they’re absolutely loving hilarious

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm weird but I prefered the first two Twilight episodes when they just regular drank instead of doing the power hours.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Got to recommend their Enter the ninja-mantry , thats is both some prime Canon picture cheese and somehow also a drat fine ninja flick . It is obvious they also had a blast with it .

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Steve copping to federal felonies in the turner and hooch ep

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Tom Hank

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Chris’s outdoor peeing adventures has me crying laughing while listening

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

MariusLecter posted:

A good Biden impression lives and dies by quite a bit of stammering, repetition and old timer poo poo like "Listen here, Jack!"

The best Biden impression was the one Ron Bennington used to do on Ron and Fez, which was just shouting with a painful Maryland/Delaware accent, long Os and all. "WE'RE GOING TO RIDE THIS TRAIN FROM DOOOVER TO REHOOBOTH BEACH, MAYBE EAT SOME HOOOAGIES"

explosivo posted:

You know, before they became soulless garbage that ruined movies forever and shouldn't have been made :shobon:

Every time I hear this I imagine the person turning to high-five the boomers who said the same thing about Star Wars and the X-ers who said the same thing about Transformers or Harry Potter immediately after

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Tom Hank kill dog.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I started the Wild Things episode today. Everyone's exasperation with the VHS Trailer Game is my favorite thing about it, especially Angelica muttering "This bitch..." after Steve's first "GAMEMASTER'S CLUE:"

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Oh my god Steve’s date story on the Jackass episode was brutal

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1416849325687246852

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Holy poo poo the bit they’re doing in this The Village episode where they make a shopping list for Bryce Dallas Howard is one of their best bits in quite a while.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo, I was getting to mock Steve over apparently misremembering a joke from Arrested Development about Ron Howard's daughters' middle names being where they were conceived as being real but apparently it IS real? :stare:

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Holy poo poo, I was getting to mock Steve over apparently misremembering a joke from Arrested Development about Ron Howard's daughters' middle names being where they were conceived as being real but apparently it IS real? :stare:

I bet Ron Howard is into some weeeird glass coffee table kinda stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"Did you sneak out and partake of the Chipotle?!" really got me. I think it's just eric's grampie voice that makes me laugh every time.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

nearly caught up on all the Nexus episodes. still working my way through the commentaries as well. Are the Mando and Discovery episodes worth checking out if I completely hated the Mando show and was kinda soft on Discovery?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

dorium posted:

nearly caught up on all the Nexus episodes. still working my way through the commentaries as well. Are the Mando and Discovery episodes worth checking out if I completely hated the Mando show and was kinda soft on Discovery?

They don't have any stuff on Discovery. Mando stuff was fun to listen to at the time, dunno if I'd do it unless I was watching the show itself tho.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BigglesSWE posted:

They don't have any stuff on Discovery. Mando stuff was fun to listen to at the time, dunno if I'd do it unless I was watching the show itself tho.

I think he meant Picard

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Iron Crowned posted:

I think he meant Picard

yes Picard. they keep mentioning Discovery during all these Nexus episodes. It's very weird having to brace myself for going back to the top of the pandemic and lockdown.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Their Picard show was weird because the show is absolute dog poo poo but they'd somehow convinced themselves the episodes written by Michael Chabon were good. They weren't.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

but is it funny enough to suffer through?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

dorium posted:

but is it funny enough to suffer through?

Honestly, I don't remember a thing from their Picard show or the Mando show. The Nexus and 90210 are much better in terms of jokes and funny poo poo.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
The Village episode is hilarious but as someone that lives in the area where all these films were directed, Steve joking that "Old" takes place on a beach in Pittsburg triggered me so much...

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Mando show at the very least had Hertzog impressions which were funny.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AQeixG-bAQ

Live mailbag in half an hour!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BigglesSWE posted:

Holy poo poo the bit they’re doing in this The Village episode where they make a shopping list for Bryce Dallas Howard is one of their best bits in quite a while.

Just heard this today and it was as advertised.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It's live.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just caught up on the mailbag with a tall glass of water and lemme tell ya, it's a good time.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1420357725532344321?s=21

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dispatch is up.

Big Daddy Dispatch posted:

Episode 561 — Puss in Boots (2011) with Ben Worcester (for real this time!)

PATREON NEXUS UNLOCK — Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Episode 563 — Witchboard LIVE from the Salem Horror Fest

PATREON MAIN FEED UNLOCK — Jungle 2 Jungle

Episode 564 — Mad Max: Beyond Thunderome LIVE from the FRQNCY1 Festival! Including the GRAND FINALE of the VHS Trailer Game for Season 11!

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Mad Max

Animation Damnation — Tales from the Cryptkeeper (s2, e1) "Game Over" LIVE from the Salem Horror Fest

The Nexus: TOS: "The Omega Glory" (s2 e23) TNG: "The Bonding" (s3, e5)

Gleep Glossary: Aurra Sing

Melr0210: 90210: "Play it Again, David" (s2, e5) Melrose Place: Irreconcilable Simularities" (s1, e25)

Once in a Lifetime: Deadly Mile High Club with Jenn (Steve's wife)!

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Sweet more Once in a Lifetime