Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yay the armorer is up for sale on sideshow! Even better, I was able to use my reward points!

I dunno if it's up for the plebes yet, but us special peeps whatnot that registered for the sideshow convention and asked em to email us when she's ready to go have gotten that email.

Hoorah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The FF7 Aerith figure is shipping out now from AmiAmi. Looking forward to adding to that collection. I’m considering building a diorama backdrop for those guys because they just seem too epic for a regular shelf. Some styrofoam concrete and random industrial tubes plus a few LED lights might really set them off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Then you have to get some big hulking 1/4 scale thing for them to fight.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I saw this Hellboy figure from the late 90s/early 2000s in a store recently for 50 bucks but I have no idea if that's a good price because I didn't catch who made it so I can't look it up. I'm not actually paying that outright I'm going to trade in a bunch of old video game poo poo I have collecting dust. But I don't want to take that cut if the thing is worth considerably less.

By the way, did you know they've made quite a lot of Hellboy action figures over the years? Are any of you Hellboy people who might know what the hell that is?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is it one of the Ron Perlman movie ones? Or a comic one?

I think both lines were made by Mezco if I remember right.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Is it one of the Ron Perlman movie ones? Or a comic one?

I think both lines were made by Mezco if I remember right.

It's a comic book one. From the looks of it it probably pre-dates the movie. It's also pretty big. It might even be 12" tall but if not it's pretty close. It's very accurate to the comic book style. It's not one of those fancy pants ones with the crazy amounts of detail, neutral facial expression. It's fairly minimalist for lack of a better description. It looks kind of cartoony and appears to be one of those things you'd only see in a comic book store or the previews catalog. I thought it was cool and I don't have any Hellboy figures because all the ones I see are way too expensive for me.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 19, 2021

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

CPL593H posted:

It's a comic book one. From the looks of it it probably pre-dates the movie. It's also pretty big. It might even be 12" tall but if not it's pretty close. It's very accurate to the comic book style.

The BigBlast one from Graphitti, this guy http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102601.htm?

I think I have one somewhere. I know I have/had their Mage and Madman figures. The cloth jackets were OK, I do remember the Madman not being able to hold poses well and falling apart

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MarxCarl posted:

The BigBlast one from Graphitti, this guy http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102601.htm?

I think I have one somewhere. I know I have/had their Mage and Madman figures. The cloth jackets were OK, I do remember the Madman not being able to hold poses well and falling apart

Yes! That's the one. Looking at it now it might not be as cool as I thought at first and perhaps I should just take the money.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

CPL593H posted:

Yes! That's the one. Looking at it now it might not be as cool as I thought at first and perhaps I should just take the money.

I'd take the money.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

If you want Hellboy figures, the Mezco comics-style ones are totally the best, and are up there with my all-time favorite toys, but I suspect they go for absolutely insane prices now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If you want Hellboy figures, the Mezco comics-style ones are totally the best, and are up there with my all-time favorite toys, but I suspect they go for absolutely insane prices now.

I prefer the 1000Toys ones, personally. I love my DX Hellboy and Abe with Rasputin... such cool figures.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Last year I won a cheap ebay auction for this 7-figure Hellboy PVC set from 2001. I didn't do any research so I was expecting capsule-sized figures but they're like big chess pieces, and are fairly evocative of Mignola's style. Pretty cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I bought a Hellboy Animated set that had both movies on dvd and a really cool figure from Best Buy years ago. It was somehow cheaper to get the set than to buy the movies separately, which I didn’t understand, but didn’t pass up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Stupid pig head man is a stupid con exclusive. I am going to have to pay for Hasbro Premium, aren't I?

https://gizmodo.com/hasbros-new-power-rangers-figure-just-wants-to-know-wha-1847318957

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MarxCarl posted:

I'd take the money.

I ended up taking the money. So I walked away with a hundred bucks, a used copy of Call of Duty Cold War, and one of these Godzilla figures from the 80s which they gave me for ten bucks.

(Not my picture)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Stupid pig head man is a stupid con exclusive. I am going to have to pay for Hasbro Premium, aren't I?

https://gizmodo.com/hasbros-new-power-rangers-figure-just-wants-to-know-wha-1847318957

They had plenty of stock of everything last year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mattel's getting in on the crowdfunding bandwagon

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1417138416374931458?s=20

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Hey you look like someone who might know this. Are there any decent Dalek and/or Davros figures that aren't expensive and aren't lovely? I can't buy any of that fancy pants stuff most of you seem to like so I basically hover in the NECA/Marvel Legends price range unless it's something really cool.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

CPL593H posted:

I ended up taking the money. So I walked away with a hundred bucks, a used copy of Call of Duty Cold War, and one of these Godzilla figures from the 80s which they gave me for ten bucks.

(Not my picture)

Good call, I’ve got one of those Godzilla’s also somewhere, probably with Hellboy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CPL593H posted:

Hey you look like someone who might know this. Are there any decent Dalek and/or Davros figures that aren't expensive and aren't lovely? I can't buy any of that fancy pants stuff most of you seem to like so I basically hover in the NECA/Marvel Legends price range unless it's something really cool.

How do you "define" lovely? I like the 5 inch Character Options stuff. The Daleks' joints are really stiff (to the point of unmovable), and they feel light (since the base is hollow), but I like the sculpts.

If you're in the US, go to Amazon. CO really only sells Who figures in multi-packs now, but Amazon has all the 60 dollars sets for 25-30 bucks (and even sometimes on sale for 20!)

Then, of course, it goes deeper: do you want classic series Daleks or new series Daleks? New series: do you want Bronze Daleks or the Paradigm Daleks? Do you want Terry Molloy's Davros, or Julian Bleach's Davros? Although it's bit moot right now, I don't think they've done a Davros release in a while.

Edit: They only have one Davros figure left in stock, in a two pack with the Twelfth Doctor, for 60:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Witchs-F...s%2C193&sr=8-11

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 20, 2021

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

CPL593H posted:

(Not my picture)

If it is a real one and not one of the lovely bootlegs they are worth quite a bit. I was lucky and got one for almost nothing 20 years ago off of Ebay before it went crazy. He sits on top of my mini ITX server. I need to get a matching King Kong sometime but they are pricey.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Huh. I couldn’t care less about wrestling but for some reason….I kind of want this?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Djarum posted:

If it is a real one and not one of the lovely bootlegs they are worth quite a bit. I was lucky and got one for almost nothing 20 years ago off of Ebay before it went crazy. He sits on top of my mini ITX server. I need to get a matching King Kong sometime but they are pricey.

I have no idea how to identify the bootlegs and it's the 6" one not the big one. I don't really care either way.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nemesis_hub posted:

Huh. I couldn’t care less about wrestling but for some reason….I kind of want this?

A wrestling ring is inherently awesome and amazing

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
For the people who liked Force Ghost Godzilla, bluefin's site has them for $85 https://www.bluefinbrands.com/s-h-monsterarts-godzilla-2019-event-exclusive-color-edition-godzilla-bandai-tamashii-nations-shm.html

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

CPL593H posted:

I have no idea how to identify the bootlegs and it's the 6" one not the big one. I don't really care either way.

Easiest way from what I have been able to tell is the quality of the mold/vinyl, the Imperial markings and the quality/colors of the paint. If it looks really crappy and feels super cheap it is generally a bootleg. Thought there are good ones. I got the big one myself.

I am lucky that I got a real one. I randomly remembered a friend from when I was young having one and how awesome it was when I was in college.

I keep considering getting a second one and giving it a proper paint job. The sculpt is actually really good and I think painting it properly would make it look really good.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Djarum posted:

Easiest way from what I have been able to tell is the quality of the mold/vinyl, the Imperial markings and the quality/colors of the paint. If it looks really crappy and feels super cheap it is generally a bootleg. Thought there are good ones. I got the big one myself.

I am lucky that I got a real one. I randomly remembered a friend from when I was young having one and how awesome it was when I was in college.

I keep considering getting a second one and giving it a proper paint job. The sculpt is actually really good and I think painting it properly would make it look really good.

It has the Imperial and Toho markings. The overall quality of the figure itself is good. Some of the paint detailing is a little bit wonky but I think they were all kind of like that. Aside from those details the colors are pretty nice. I might post some pictures of it later when I'm not too lazy and it isn't the middle of the night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
With Mattel entering the crowd funding arena the speculation chatter is that we will likely see an Origins Eternia set offered that way.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rhyno posted:

With Mattel entering the crowd funding arena the speculation chatter is that we will likely see an Origins Eternia set offered that way.

If they're really smart they'll make it scaled as such that it would work with Masterverse and Classics figures as well

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

If they're really smart they'll make it scaled as such that it would work with Masterverse and Classics figures as well

It would fuckin huge but im here for it. Some dude 3D scanned his Eternia and put the files up for free and at least one guy is upscaling to classics scale.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Why crowd fund it when they can just contact Rhyno directly and have it funded in one go? :confused:

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Djarum posted:

Have you guys noticed the insane prices the scalpers are mugging for the Playmates Godzilla Vs. Kong toys?

Thanks to toy hogs/resellers the 6 inch MechaGodzilla, for example, can run up to eighty bucks. WTF It's a 10 buck toy. They hit every Walmart and hog all the goods as soon as the boxes are unpacked. (Or maybe before with a little bribe or something... it sometimes seems like nothing hits the shelves) Then Walmart lists their scalps on their own drat website for those incredibly bloated prices. It's identical across eBay and Amazon too. It's criminal. At least I expect it from eBay and Amazon. But you would thing Walmart would have some sort of drat policy where they don't enable the scalpers to make profit on the site of the very store they cleaned out.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ramen Pride! posted:

Have you guys noticed the insane prices the scalpers are mugging for the Playmates Godzilla Vs. Kong toys?

Thanks to toy hogs/resellers the 6 inch MechaGodzilla, for example, can run up to eighty bucks. WTF It's a 10 buck toy. They hit every Walmart and hog all the goods as soon as the boxes are unpacked. (Or maybe before with a little bribe or something... it sometimes seems like nothing hits the shelves) Then Walmart lists their scalps on their own drat website for those incredibly bloated prices. It's identical across eBay and Amazon too. It's criminal. At least I expect it from eBay and Amazon. But you would thing Walmart would have some sort of drat policy where they don't enable the scalpers to make profit on the site of the very store they cleaned out.

Walmart is a notoriously evil company run by absolute garbage people, they don't care about people scalping little plastic monster mans on their website. Especially if it's allowing them to make money twice off of the same item.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

CPL593H posted:

Walmart is a notoriously evil company run by absolute garbage people, they don't care about people scalping little plastic monster mans on their website. Especially if it's allowing them to make money twice off of the same item.

Oh yeah. I forgot.

Hey, at least I got a big Kong that roars with light up eyes and has an axe for retail price. They're actually very satisfying toys, although simple.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ramen Pride! posted:

Oh yeah. I forgot.

Hey, at least I got a big Kong that roars with light up eyes and has an axe for retail price. They're actually very satisfying toys, although simple.

I got the giant roaring light-up Godzilla and he loving owns, I like using him to harass my cat.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

I got the giant roaring light-up Godzilla and he loving owns, I like using him to harass my cat.

Yeah, my cat's not too fond of Kong either. :)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

CPL593H posted:

It has the Imperial and Toho markings. The overall quality of the figure itself is good. Some of the paint detailing is a little bit wonky but I think they were all kind of like that. Aside from those details the colors are pretty nice. I might post some pictures of it later when I'm not too lazy and it isn't the middle of the night.

Then it is most likely legit then. Those Imperial figures were knocked off like crazy but generally they were done super cheap and badly. You'll see a lot done out of super cheap plastic or rubber instead of vinyl which is always a easy way to tell.

Getting that for :10bux: is a great deal then. They generally run for 15-25 in good condition. The 13 inch one runs from 40-60. It's a shame no one makes giant vinyl monsters like this anymore cheaply. They are great toys and basically indestructible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you know me from the Transformers thread, you know about me and knockoffs. So imagine my surprise when I found out that some Classics figures had been KO'd. I already own a legit Faker but when this popped up I decided to pull the trigger and check it out. At $150, the legit wasn't out of my grasp but for $35 I wanted to see if this would do the job.

Looks good enough for me for now. Maybe once I complete the line I will loop back and pick up a legit one. He is missing the traditional power sword but Barbarossa Customs can supply that for $11 or so.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mondo has released some more info about this including packaging and accessories.

He'll be available on Mondo's site Friday at 10 AM PDT for $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Good god help me understand why anybody would ever want to remove that figure from what looks like the perfect package.