Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Rutibex posted:

I was about to say 100 voices+duel mode = over 5000 voices! But the keyboard beat me to it :v:

And some of those combined voices sound really good, too. It must have been pretty high end for consumer grade Yamaha at the time. I feel like of all the many keyboards I've picked up lately, this one might be a keeper. It's got big flaws, too; some of the voices only sound good when played on certain octaves and at least one of them pretty much craps out on the very lowest notes, LOL. But I think it probably has more unique "sweet spots" than most of its kind. Some of those voices don't sound so great until they're combined with others, and then the magic happens.

Also, the MIDI implementation isn't quite up to snuff yet, and I can't get a pitchbend wheel to work on it right away; most later models with MIDI get that as soon as you hook it up. And what is DASSystem? I guess I'll go find out. Discontinued Audio System System, it appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple
Just got this delightful machine and I'm super stoked about it. It's the American Professional II P-bass and it plays about as nicely as any instrument I've ever had. I recently acquired the amp and pedals behind it and had been using the Squier Jazz bass on the rack on the left but it didn't feel right having a budget bass anymore, so I splurged. Thanks for listening to my cool story

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

That thing's a beaut, and I love the Squier too. Why pick a camp (Jazz or Precision) when you can be in both, you know?

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society

nitsuga posted:

That thing's a beaut, and I love the Squier too. Why pick a camp (Jazz or Precision) when you can be in both, you know?

Indeed!

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society

nitsuga posted:

This time with picture

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

drat. I haven’t seen that Squier Jazz before. That’s one funky monkey.

My only claim to legitimacy in this argument is my Yamaha BB234, which is a PJ. That and I swear I’d have a P and a J if I didn’t spend as much as I do on guitars.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love those Yamaha PJs, they're such a visual upgrade over the one in this picture:

Next to my new Cordoba C5. I was back and forth on the C3M and the C5, but it turned out my local mom-and-pop store had one more C5 new in the box. It came with a gig bag, an initial setup and "lifetime free setups" in case I get squeamish about turning my own truss rod, I guess.

I've got the Hal Leonard book coming tomorrow, no clue how far it'll take me. I was able to sit down and get through this:

https://www.guitarnick.com/study-in-e-minor-gangi-guitar-tab.html

in about an hour of distracted practice. VERY excited about moving all my acoustic jazz stuff over to it. I am VERY happy with this decision so far.

e: I guess I also need to fiddle with a stack of books to see what height I need for a footstool, then build one.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 2, 2021

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Huxley posted:

I love those Yamaha PJs, they're such a visual upgrade over the one in this picture:

Next to my new Cordoba C5. I was back and forth on the C3M and the C5, but it turned out my local mom-and-pop store had one more C5 new in the box. It came with a gig bag, an initial setup and "lifetime free setups" in case I get squeamish about turning my own truss rod, I guess.

I've got the Hal Leonard book coming tomorrow, no clue how far it'll take me. I was able to sit down and get through this:

https://www.guitarnick.com/study-in-e-minor-gangi-guitar-tab.html

in about an hour of distracted practice. VERY excited about moving all my acoustic jazz stuff over to it. I am VERY happy with this decision so far.

e: I guess I also need to fiddle with a stack of books to see what height I need for a footstool, then build one.

Hehe, yeah that's the class 00's bass shape, isn't it? Anyway, those Cordoba C series are legit, and so is classical guitar. I really like that you play what are "full" musical pieces. And if you're not really interested in building a footstool, they are easy enough to come by: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTRFSM...&pd_rd_wg=6VzGu

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

New Rivolta Mondata VII Baritone. Had a good experience working w/ Eastwood guitars FWIW if anyone is curious in the future.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Mozi posted:

New Rivolta Mondata VII Baritone. Had a good experience working w/ Eastwood guitars FWIW if anyone is curious in the future.

I too have had very good experiences with Eastwood.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

My scavenging fu is on the ascendant clearly. I picked up a great big Mackie mixer for $20 today, have little use for it currently. Probably going to test it and put it up at the gear swap thread. PM me if interested.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I feel like I'm posting in here too much recently...

Made a trade today on Craigslist - thought it was too good to be true and it kind of is, though given the dings and repairs on this I can sort of understand how it might have made sense to them. But I put this head to head against my Taylor and it's on an entirely different level, not sure if that's just due to the spruce top vs cedar but this is the nicest guitar I've ever got my hands on. Asturias 'Custom S' classical from Japan made in 1995 per the serial number, retails at $2500, I'd say fair condition with multiple dings and scratches and a well-repaired crack under the bridge.

All my guitars now have different fret markings on the side (normal amount, normal + a dot on the 1st fret for some reason, one with marks only on 5th, 7th, and 12th frets, and now this one with no marks at all.)

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 9, 2021

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

That binding is something else. I'd say you did alright, but I'm a sucker for old Japanese classical guitars. I always found the lack of fret markers a little disorienting, but you get used to it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Yeah it's pretty nuts.

I guess all that really matters is that I prefer it to what I traded for it, so I'm happy.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
New old cheap guitar day

Hondo H7600, entry level Strat copy made around 1985. Plywood body, excellent neck, OK electronics, rusted to poo poo bridge saddle adjustment screws so I can't give it a setup yet. I would change the saddles, BUT this has 10mm wide saddles, so nothing is going to fit. Hopefully I can get the screws out and replaced without too much work.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Hiya, Hondo Strat Buddy. Can't help you with the saddles, though, mine has some crazy wraparound poo poo.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

widefault posted:

New old cheap guitar day

Hondo H7600, entry level Strat copy made around 1985. Plywood body, excellent neck, OK electronics, rusted to poo poo bridge saddle adjustment screws so I can't give it a setup yet. I would change the saddles, BUT this has 10mm wide saddles, so nothing is going to fit. Hopefully I can get the screws out and replaced without too much work.

Post a picky of ur whole collect you seem to have hundreds

having fun posting
Feb 22, 2021
I asked for a stereo delay recommendation in the effects topic and I went with this suggestion (though it's no exaggeration that every suggestion I received looks cool):

Seldom Posts posted:

I like the TC electronic flashback triple delay. It's stereo, and you can run multiple delays in serial or parallel. Takes up a lot of real estate on the board though.

Not a great photo, but :justpost:. I didn't know this existed before seeing that post or this would have been on my radar much earlier. This pedal is maybe the funnest gear thing I've bought other than an actual guitar, and is perfect for just messing around making guitar noise as an alternate option to going on the SA forums for fun. Getting sick of how things sound? Just hit the parallel/series switch or change one or two or three of the delays, it's good for hours. I also recently bought a Joyo AC Tone to complement my American sound, and have been using these with the stereo outputs as such:

The two amp sim pedals sound extremely similar to me, not that I could tell the difference between a Vox amp and a Fender one. But, it is fun to have slightly different settings on the two and play around with how it sounds with the delays with headphones on, and having a simple, solid equalizer+overdrive in the same <$40 pedal is great.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

epic 2012 username posted:

Post a picky of ur whole collect you seem to have hundreds

I should just start a new thread and post them one at a time.

New to me today,

Harmony P-Bass copy, a "higher" end one made by Samick around 1985. Brass bridge, faded gold hardware. Needs a nut on the output jack, a nut on the neck, and a general cleanup. Plus, I have its sibling already.

FYI, that headstock shape was used on Samick-built Harmony, Lotus, and other guitars, and are usually a "higher" end model. Also have that shape on my Rhapsoby hardtail which is also really nice.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hi, everyone.

I came in here and posted my newest piece of gear which was a Line 6 HX Stomp. I was not sure if it was a keeper because over the course of three weeks I watched a ton of YouTube videos, tutorials, downloaded user-made presets and the like. I loved the effects in it, and the amps were sounding pretty good to me.

Well, things happened. I sent the HX Stomp back to Sweetwater and today as I was leaving the apartment complex for work I passed the UPS truck that was delivering this box to the package concierge. I worked my shift and just came in the house with this box. I won't be back for a little bit, but this weekend I'll post the pics of what I am doing with it. I bought some accessories that get here tomorrow.

For now, this is that box:

(This is a very big deal for me, as I have known for many years it was merely a matter of time before I gave them my money. Lots of it. Luckily I've had over a week to prepare. I wish I could just take the rest of the week off!)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Hell yeah man. You're going to love that thing. I've been using Axe-Fx's for years, you really can dial up just about any sound in your head with them.

They can also teach you a lot about gear, too. The other day I decided I wanted an EQ to use in the loop of my real amps and after some research, the choices came down to the Mesa Boogie 5 band Graphic EQ pedal or the MXR 10 band EQ. I was pretty sure I wanted the Mesa but I remembered the Axe-Fx has both an emulation of the Mesa 5-band EQ, and a 10 band EQ in there. When I checked, I found the 10 band EQ uses all the same frequencies of the MXR 10 band! So... I got to virtually A/B both pedals before I bought a real one.

And... I was wrong. Turns out the MXR 10 band is better for what I'm doing. I've always liked Mesa's stuff and would've never tried the MXR if it wasn't so convenient to dial up in the Axe-Fx. That's not even really a one-off kind of situation either. There's so much stuff in the Axe-Fx that you can do those kinds of amp and effects shoot outs all day long.

What I'm saying is that the Axe-Fx, for me anyway, has been pretty invaluable not just for dialing up sounds, but for discovering all kinds of things that do and don't work for me. I really can't think of any other single piece of gear that can teach a person more about gear in general than this thing.

(And no, I don't work for Fractal, I just really like their stuff)

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 15, 2021

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

That's a pretty nice box you've got there

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

widefault posted:

I should just start a new thread and post them one at a time.

New to me today,

Harmony P-Bass copy, a "higher" end one made by Samick around 1985. Brass bridge, faded gold hardware. Needs a nut on the output jack, a nut on the neck, and a general cleanup. Plus, I have its sibling already.

FYI, that headstock shape was used on Samick-built Harmony, Lotus, and other guitars, and are usually a "higher" end model. Also have that shape on my Rhapsoby hardtail which is also really nice.

I want to see how much physical space they take up

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Only 18,000 tickets guys

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Actually it looks like it's never been played. Needs plenty of adjustment but offhand it looks like nobody's ever done any of that. Got it along with 4 somewhat hosed up guitars and a hosed up P-bass in a nice SKB case at the Goodwill, where I apparently walked in at just the right time on broken guitar day.

ED: the D&B guitar (LOLOLOL) still has the paper "made in China" sticker on the neck. This thing has never been played. Nothing wrong with this guitar that a can of spray paint won't fix. Oh just LOLOL

petit choux fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 16, 2021

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
What exactly "happened" during my test period with the Helix HX Stomp? Only this: I finally allowed myself to search YouTube for demos and clips of the Fractal FM3. I didn’t really want to as the Stomp was an impulse-buy in the first place, and who needs severe GAS for something this expensive? But…

The first video, the first note of the first sound (an AC-30 preset) hit me like a revelation, like a lightning bolt. Unlike the Stomp, this thing was right there. Bright, immediate, punchy, and so much like the awesome (loud-as-gently caress) amps I can’t touch with my Blackstar/Peavey rig and could never play in an apartment. I’ve played a bunch of AC-30s and can vouch for the amp model. Video after video I was absolutely floored by the features, the workflow, the absolute insanity of being able to, say, “put a variac” on any amp in addition to the deep, deep amp stuff. Learning the cool tricks to conserve CPU. It’s as if they actually thought of everything. I could go on for pages just about the features alone (use it as a 4x4 interface and save a DI guitar track for re-amping? YES, please!) but where it really had me is these actual amp models.

Just one example: I’m seeking out various amps in the picker and of course I had already started with Robben Ford’s Dumble ODS, a JCM 800, a Plexi, the wonderful ’59 Bassman on preset 001, and various other very cool amps. They all sounded great but when I landed on the Super Reverb it was just stupid. Good stupid. “This can’t be real” stupid. I haven’t even touched much else yet so I have all of that waiting for me.

I’m a convert. This is what I have been waiting for.

The only disappointment I have so far is the one I knew going in: the FM3 can only handle one amp block per preset. I am a two-preamp guy. I've run stereo amps since about 1995 and the closest I can get here is one amp into different cabinet IRs panned hard left/right. It sounds great, but that's no replacement for two actual preamp sections in stereo. I need to upgrade to the $2,300.oo big bro AxeFx for that (and I will, someday when the AxeFX IV comes out and the IIIs flood the used market.) If you've not enjoyed the benefits of the same/complimentary amp circuits in stereo I could describe why it's so great but it would take too long for this post, so moving on...

The rest of the boxes I was waiting on are just luxury/utility stuff to allow me to use the floor unit as a stereo rig:

A pair of Headrush 108 FRFR powered cabinets. I am impressed with these cabs and very glad they not only sound fantastic but they are also great multi-taskers: something to play my FM3 through, but also my bass pedals (Tech 21 VT Bass, and Doug Pinnick pedals), or for amping my acoustic, or as a very small PA, or for sharing with friends when they visit, etc. As you can see, the one on the right arrived dented so it’s going back to Sweetwater and the replacement is on the way.
New XLR cables.
A spiffy little Furman power strip (seriously, it's adorable.)
A pair of Moog EP3 expression pedals (I can’t say enough good things about the FM3 here – I love the auto-on features, that’s just too convenient.)
An A-frame guitar stand and a bag of 72 Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks since I've been leaning a guitar against the walls in the living room and I haven’t found my pick box since the move. It’s around here somewhere. (A funny aside, my cork-sniffing tone buddy texted us about his new pack of five expensive as gently caress guitar picks that supposedly have this amazing pick attack and are not overpriced one million percent. I sent him back a picture of the Dunlop bag and just said, "I'm good." He started trying to sell me on trying out tone picks again but gave up pretty quickly this time.)

It was always a dream of mine to have a very compact (but full-sounding and feature-rich) stereo guitar rig with the best sounds going. Something that wouldn't leave me wishing I had "a real amp." Way back in the day my dream "small rig" would have been something like a Soldano preamp, a stereo all-tube power amp, a G-Major and a Rocktron Replifex through a couple MESA/Boogie widebody 1x12" cabinets. Times have really changed a lot (especially thinking about computers making the amp sounds and class D power amps being insanely powerful while incredibly light). For the old compact dream rig idea this is maybe the closest I can get today on this budget.

That’s all I should say for now and get to the pictures. Anyone has any question, shoot; but I honestly have not scratched the surface of this thing yet. I’m near the bottom of the learning curve and I have all these amps to play with.

For $1209.72 you get a box, an inspection checklist, and a power cable. Need a USB cable? Hope you have one lying around somewhere!

For fun, by all means tag yourself as the stuff on my shelf:

The first night I only had time to play with it a little bit. The next day I was browsing buttons in FM3-Edit and ran across the patches I was demoing the night before, so I saved a picture. It shows where my mind was when I was blindly searching through the amp picker. I haven't even touched the real high-gain stuff yet. I watched Leon Todd (pretty sure it was him) showing how he sets up his Boogie MKV and to be honest it was so incredibly heavy and hairy it was almost intimidating. Also, I checked and am saddened that there are only 5150-likes in there and no Peavey Classic 50s. I have an original Classic 50 4x10" combo and a Blues Classic 1x15" combo in the bedroom closet, but they haven't been powered up in years.

GreatGreen, thanks for your post. I read it and got even more pumped by this gear. I hope I'm not in some "honeymoon period" that, when it wears off, leaves me with buyer's remorse. Apart from the limitations of the little bro FM3, I don't expect that.
I think I'm just going to love it more and more as I get more comfy with it.

I really want to record a companion song for Blues Dads in Tone Town with this. I had a great rhythm idea but didn't note it down so I have to start over or hope it comes back to me. I'm not a Dad and hopefully I actually have some talent unlike, say, your regular Blues Lawyer; but I share too much in common with Blues Dads to deny it (mostly because I am old af. I turn 50 in September. Ugh.)

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Do you find the FRFR-108s boomy there on the floor? Have you tried using them on poles or on isolation pads? I have an Alto version of them and it went from boomy bass heavy to perfectly clean and gorgeous when I put it on a pole. It’s now on a couple of isolation pads on my desk and still sounds great (using a Mooer GE150 and Pod Go).

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'll have to get back to you. I saw a YouTube video of an FRFR shootout and the Alto was REALLY bass heavy in that one. I haven't actually turned them up yet but I will on Sunday afternoon when I am off work and can risk getting a little loud (or Monday when I am off and people are hopefully at work).

I wanted them positioned like wedges for the pictures but while this apartment is bigger than the old place there's not really room left to spread out like that, so I expect to have them standing vertically. I use the flat EQ setting atm. Someday I'll probably buy stands for them but haven't yet.

I'll try to remember to update after I can let them breathe a little.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I can confirm Faustus' enthusiasm is legit. The Fractal stuff really is that good.

Dr. Faustus posted:

GreatGreen, thanks for your post. I read it and got even more pumped by this gear. I hope I'm not in some "honeymoon period" that, when it wears off, leaves me with buyer's remorse. Apart from the limitations of the little bro FM3, I don't expect that.
I think I'm just going to love it more and more as I get more comfy with it.

Any time dude, happy to help!

To try and address that concern, I'll say that I've had one iteration of the Axe-Fx or another since 2009, starting with an Axe-FX Ultra, then an Axe-FX II, and now I'm using an Axe-FX III. No buyers remorse with Fractal Audio stuff in over 12 years at this point, mostly because the modeling is so good, the workflow and interface design is so on-point for me, and partly because of how good Fractal's support is. For me there has been no harsh come-down after a honeymoon with these things. They're just great tools for designing great sounding guitar rigs and platforms for experimenting / testing ideas.

At this point I can say that compared to the tube amps I own, the respective models in the Axe-Fx really do sound as good as them and while not identical, they're about as close to identical as they can be without being identical. If I setup things so I can quickly swap between "Axe-Fx amp model > Axe-Fx Speaker IR" and "tube amp > Reactive Load > Axe-Fx Speaker IR" then if I swap between them quickly I can tell the difference, but I can easily forget which one I'm playing through if I just stop thinking about which one is active for a minute or so, even if I don't stop playing during that time.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 17, 2021

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
After a bunch of research and then some further dithering, picked up a Yamaha MG12 mixer from Amazon Warehouse, with the intention of making it easy to route a bunch of gear into a looper pedal so I can play them all easily, rather than plugging and unplugging things over and over:

For an "acceptable" listing from Warehouse that was less than half MSRP, the thing seems new and untouched except for not coming in the original packaging. Never having used one before, I was worried it would be a little overwhelming, but after reading the manual it was pretty straight forward to run a guitar and Digitakt into the BOSS RC-1. Next up, sending a bunch of other gear into the RC-1, and then starting to think about upgrading the looper pedal.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

McCoy Pauley posted:

After a bunch of research and then some further dithering, picked up a Yamaha MG12 mixer from Amazon Warehouse, with the intention of making it easy to route a bunch of gear into a looper pedal so I can play them all easily, rather than plugging and unplugging things over and over:

For an "acceptable" listing from Warehouse that was less than half MSRP, the thing seems new and untouched except for not coming in the original packaging. Never having used one before, I was worried it would be a little overwhelming, but after reading the manual it was pretty straight forward to run a guitar and Digitakt into the BOSS RC-1. Next up, sending a bunch of other gear into the RC-1, and then starting to think about upgrading the looper pedal.

You made me look at Amazon Warehouse for the first time and now there should be a gif of Col. Kurtz saying "the bargains, the bargains."

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

petit choux posted:

You made me look at Amazon Warehouse for the first time and now there should be a gif of Col. Kurtz saying "the bargains, the bargains."

It's probably hit or miss, but I've generally had pretty good luck with music gear purchases from the Warehouse, including sometimes when they randomly have sales with an extra 40% (which recently let me pick up an APC40 MK2 that seemed basically new for 1/3rd off). And I figure it would be easy to return something to Amazon if it arrived with any issues.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Dang, you're right, sorry, and thanks!

VV

Mozi fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 20, 2021

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mozi posted:

What's it called when I use my right hand thumbnail or thumb to sort of fret or mute the string way up high as I pluck it with another finger? I was messing around trying to do harmonics and it seems like you can get a lot of different things going.

Probably wrong thread, but kinda sounds like pinch harmonics.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

petit choux posted:

I got very lucky with Amazon warehouse. You can find really huge discounts like my Casio Wk-7600! Its very hit or miss, you have to hunt for the real bargains, but they are there:

Rutibex posted:

My new keyboard arrived today! Always keep a close eye on "Amazon Warehouse Deals" they resell returned items from amazon, and they often price things in an insane way. For example this Casio WK-7600 typically goes for $500+ brand new but Amazon was listing it for $200 "used with significant cosmetic damage to the top". The thing is they do no inspect the actual item, when Amazon says "cosmetic damage" they mean the box.

My keyboard came in a sticky gross box that looks like someone spilled juice on it. But once I opened it up it was clear that this device had never been touched by human hands since the day it was manufactured. $300 discount for a sticky box? I'll take that!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I got a Friedman BE-OD pedal during the Prime Day sales from Amazon Warehouse and it just came in a plastic bag - no box or paperwork. The pedal itself was in pristine shape, so no complaints.

I'm on a Boss kick lately, just picked up an RV-6 and I'm looking at a DD-8 and DS-2 next. If only they would release a Waza FZ-2...

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Got a strange one today, even to me

- Strat body shape, hardtail
- Tele control plate
- Homemade bridge plate on a spacer because the neck pocket is shallow and the pickguard is really thick
- Bridge attached with what appear to be drywall screws

- Amazing pickups with no loving markings on them, and the body is apparently routed for three P90s with the bridge slanted.

- tiny chinese pots, Sprague cap and Japanese 5 way switch
- flame maple pickguard
- cheap tuners and no string trees
- weird rear end channel routed for the truss rod that extends into the headstock. I do not have faith in the strength of this neck

And weirdest of all, despite the fact it has play wear, it does not nor has it ever had strap buttons installed.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
:wtc: lmao at those fret dots.

Kush Limbaugh
Oct 10, 2012

^now THAT'S a partscaster.

finally got a jazzmaster today fellas (please don't look at my desk):

and check out the reverb listing. i'm honestly floored i got something like this for what i offered ($300).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brushwad
Dec 25, 2009
This arrived for me today after the goons in the guitar megathread talked up the value of this brand compared to the Guild I had my eye on: