Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Where does it stand against 205 Live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I saw a clip of the match, Jeff gave him a bit of offense but it was mostly A Jeff Hardy Match ft Some Schlub

But I guess they're gonna make a program out of this. Which in a sane world would mean a series of multimans featuring the two guys in an escalation of heat. But WWE does not exist like that so it'll be a series of 20 singles matches in 2 months by which point everyone will have forgotten what the point of it was.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ghoti00/status/1417314047989624838?s=20

Undefeated streaks suck. 50/50 booking is where it's at, baby!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

hey what are you getting after

WHERE ARE YOU PLANNING TO USE THIS INFO

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/ghoti00/status/1417314047989624838?s=20

Undefeated streaks suck. 50/50 booking is where it's at, baby!

So Hardy ends an undefeated streak via cheating and its held up as a big win and their best case scenario is Kross squashes Jeff next time making Jeff look like a lucky failure and Kross so incompetant he got pinned by a luckbox as champion in two minutes.

Its not even 50/50 it made everyone look worse with no possible way to fix it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Like a foot taller and 50lb heavier.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Remember when they brought in NXT champion Kevin Owens and had him demolish John Cena and has, to this day, been a fixture of the upper mid-card and a main eventer? Yeah none of that, it honestly feels like WWE views NXT as their competitor not that they literally own it and its theirs. WCW-WWF Invasion all over again.

Even that was followed up by Cena beating him twice in a row which, uh, whatever, but still, point stands, even after getting rapadooed as hard as possible, KO has still been relevant for five years straight off of that win over Cena.

But well. KO is like a top 25 wrestler in the world and Kross is Kross.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

They’ve tried to make bigger stars but WON starts making GBS threads on them and you all lap it up then new stars aren’t made. It’s a vicious cycle. One day the community will stop listening to Meltz and wrestling will be better off for it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

How many thousands of people sub to the WON? I feel like they exaggerate Dave's importance slightly (plus he's far more forgiving to WWE than he should be most of the time)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

How many thousands of people sub to the WON? I feel like they exaggerate Dave's importance slightly (plus he's far more forgiving to WWE than he should be most of the time)

Well, when the WON awards roll around, it'll be a couple dozen marks that nobody should care about.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think you'll find that Big Dave is the unquestioned deity of Pro Graps and all must bow at his altar or suffer the wrath of the WONquisition.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

Well, when the WON awards roll around, it'll be a couple dozen marks that nobody should care about.

:umberto:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone is not happy his tweets were posted here :(

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417490382858985472

Looks like AEWNeckbeards searches for any forums talking about them.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Something Awful is once again laughing at people

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Something Awful is laughing at you!

efb

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Laughing is concrete proof of being triggered, we've all lost

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that he got mad enough to take screenshots and broadcast to all 500 of his followers

I'm almost convinced aewneckbeards/junkie/etc are just all the same person, they all tweet in the same manic garbled jargon

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

DLC Inc posted:

lol that he got mad enough to take screenshots and broadcast to all 500 of his followers

I'm almost convinced aewneckbeards/junkie/etc are just all the same person, they all tweet in the same manic garbled jargon

them being different people is probably worse tbh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

Junkie definitely has burner accounts that he replies to himself with.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You’re laughing. My favorite dive bar bouncer got squashed in a 2 minute match by Jeff Hardy and you’re laughing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I remain convinced that almost none of these people actually like wrestling or ever did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really appreciating the irony here.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I stand with @wwe_wwf_Junkie :colbert:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
lmao

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Holy poo poo, I only just now saw his bio and he thinks he's a journalist.

And the link to his website goes nowhere.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The overlap between right wing chuds, Jim Cornette fans, and WWE just continues to grow exponentially. Which is great as Cornette continues to insist he is not right wing and that the chuds need to get out.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

hey aewneckbeards i'm gonna poop and pee on you then flush you down the toilet

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MassRafTer posted:

Someone is not happy his tweets were posted here :(

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417490382858985472

Looks like AEWNeckbeards searches for any forums talking about them.

Man I though the Epstein thing was some weird Jeffery Epstein dig, but no it’s a 50 year old tv reference

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
a story in two parts

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417308716345577472

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417310382885117955

Delete the Sky
Apr 21, 2014

reaping, sowing, things of that nature.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Since when was Jeff Hardy the IWCs favorite son? I've seen him as an addict who never really got the help he needed and his career went from legendary to a cautionary tale in as long as it took for his third DUI or whatever for like a solid decade now.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 20, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Since when was Jeff Hardy the IWCs favorite son? I've seen him as an addict who never really got the help he needed and his career went from legendary to a cautionary tale in as long as it took for his third DUI or whatever for like a solid decade now.

I don't get that vibe at all from fans, I think people are just amused that Jeff got the win over Kross, for all the reasons you mention. They put a burnout over the NXT champ and, from what I gather, many people both invested + casual don't care for Kross. No Way Jose could have beaten Kross and he'd be lauded the next day

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Doesn't this mean Main Event > NXT?

Vindication.

karmicknight posted:

Beeswax posted:

I don't follow WWE but I need to know - which is the bigger jobber show, Main Event or 205 Live?
wwf nxt.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

karmicknight posted:

Vindication.

What do you know, it was a good answer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Makes things much easier when the most pathetic posts are sent directly to my notifications tab. I would have posted the original tweet in this thread, let alone a tweet bragging about getting 200 likes!

https://twitter.com/AEWNeckbeards2/status/1417557536996274179

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

oh wow, fifteen whole retweets. MRT, you're dealing with a major player here.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/nerdyjordy/status/1417568100543832064?s=21

I want to say the talent is Jinder but I can’t think of the movie.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

TV Zombie posted:

https://twitter.com/nerdyjordy/status/1417568100543832064?s=21

I want to say the talent is Jinder but I can’t think of the movie.

it was either veer or shanky, i remember hearing something about how they have an insanely inspirational true story that WWE has never told us

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Since when was Jeff Hardy the IWCs favorite son?

People have rightfully criticized how WWE has used him (much like 90% of their roster) and if you're going to defend WWE no matter what you have to come up with some reason to discredit those criticisms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think it’s less current fans and more people who fondly remember TLC matches from the attitude era and haven’t paid much attention to the 20 years since